Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
Hi! It's me Ryan Legend. I've just been thinking about school mounts and it sounds like a great idea. I did a survey on live and test realm and everyone said that school mounts is a fantastic idea. So here are what people have told me:
Balance: Hydra mount
Death: Skeletal Dragon mount: Note: make it different than bone dragon
Life: Centaur mount
Fire: Fire Dragon mount
Ice: Snow Angel mount without the angel on it which makes it a regular pegasus i think
Storm: Leviathan mount
Myth: Orthrus mount
Btw: you should make them a reasonable lvl which is around master or grandmaster. But whatever you guys come up with is fine by me
~ Ryan Legend
lvl 60 Balance wizard

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
Balance is fine.
Death: The bone dragon mount IS the skeletal dragon... death's mount could just be a giant vampire bat or something.
Life is fine.
Fire is ok.
Ice: ... Eh? I don't know about that. Ice's mount could be a frost beetle or a snow serpent.
Storm seems ok.
Myth seems ok.

On the other hand, I'm really doubtful these mounts would ever be from a free quest. If they were permanent they'd probably be crowns items anyway... :/

Defender
May 31, 2009
This topic has been posted sooo many times... But I'll answer anyways to be nice.

Life: Butterfly (comes in 3 different colors)

Death: Danger Hound or Skeletal Ghost Horse (a horse made of bones and has that kind of ghostly shimmer to it)

Myth: Orthrus, I guess.

Fire: Phoenix or Firecat

Ice: Frost Beetle or Ice Wolf

Storm: Leviathan or Storm Beetle

That's all I have....

Sabrina, Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
No offense to anybody, these are all really good ideas. I love them. Except for the ice ones First off, what ice wizard would actually like have a beatle as a mount? And not many people would like the snake either. I also don't like getting a regular pegasus. I am ice myself, i think it should be the ice wyvern! Seriously, giving the lame mounts to us is not cool.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
I like Riolu's suggestions listed below except for ice...

Death: Danger Hound or Skeletal Ghost Horse (a horse made of bones and has that kind of ghostly shimmer to it)

Ice: Frost Beetle or Ice Wolf (don't agree see my suggestion below)

Speaking as an ice wizard I would love to have a huge ice wolf or ride on a sled pulled by a two ice wolves, or maybe even a polar bear???

Jenna DragonSong

Defender
May 31, 2009
Jenn8391 wrote:
I like Riolu's suggestions listed below except for ice...

Ice: Frost Beetle or Ice Wolf (don't agree see my suggestion below)

Speaking as an ice wizard I would love to have a huge ice wolf or ride on a sled pulled by a two ice wolves, or maybe even a polar bear???

Jenna DragonSong

I didn't really like the ice ones I wrote either, but there really is nothing else to ride on.

An Ice Wyvern (like the spell?) would make no sense. How would you ride on it? Sit on its head?

A beetle, an ice wolf, a **sled pulled by two ice wolves, and a **polar bear are great ideas xD.

How bout an Ice Dragon?! (Not like those lame Wyvern Mounts.) It would look like a Chinese dragon (those long dragons) and it would be white with ice for those spines along its back.

I can imagine it already.

Sabrina, Legendary Thaumaturge

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
Polar bear for Ice would be best in my opinion. The polar bear mounts in WoW were always pretty cool.

If Kings Isle were to implement school-specific mounts, and I hope they do, they would probably use a lot of foundations for them from things already in the game, as it may be easier to program and develop.
I dont see any reason to keep the mount ideas for each school limited to creatures from their respective classes spell cards though. But who knows how they will see it.
You also have to consider that they would not be too complicated of an image so that the widest range of customers would be able to use without experiencing technical issues, like I sometimes have with my wyvern dropping my fps whenever it shoots fireworks (still cant figure out why)

This being said....

Life would probably get unicorn, similar to the mare mounts, i know. But if school mounts were from a quest (or just not crowns) it wouldn't be that ground breaking of a design in the first place. KI wants people to go 'oh i gotta have that' if they can make an extra 5-10$ off a crowns purchase of it.

Death could have slightly modified, somewhat larger blood bat. Modified for to look like its for the death school, much like the Death crow relates to the Firebird. As a visual approximate, I'd compare it generally to the regular dragon mounts, but without legs hanging to the ground. Similar size height and length, so that it wouldnt take up too much space with its wing span.
Actually, i'd like to see us on a flying monkey from wizard of oz. Without infringing on copyrights of course xD
Maybe a 'gargoyle' for legal purposes.

Myth should have the most creative class specific mount, as the entire school of magic is about creativity, imagination, strength of mind, etc.
If they were to use Orthrus it would need to be scaled substantially and would be very detailed and sought-after, so it would definitely only be a crowns option. My suggestion? Maybe a Roc or something to that extent.

Storm should have a Raiju (japanese term for a thunder animal or beast) usually in the form of a cat. This is where Raiku comes from in pokemon. Obviously, copyrights should be taken in to consideration on this idea as well.

Fire could have a firecat, although people may bring up 'why isnt my wizard burning?' without really thinking in to it, or remember they are playing a game in which magic exists. Dont be so logical lol

Ice is tricky if you stick to only options from spell cards. Thats why my vote is for a polar bear.

Balance should have some sort of sphinx cat, similar to the panther or bengal tiger. This would only require them to change the aesthetics and not the structure or the movement of this mount, since thats already programmed.

There are my two cents :-)

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
classact21 wrote:
Polar bear for Ice would be best in my opinion. The polar bear mounts in WoW were always pretty cool.

If Kings Isle were to implement school-specific mounts, and I hope they do, they would probably use a lot of foundations for them from things already in the game, as it may be easier to program and develop.
I dont see any reason to keep the mount ideas for each school limited to creatures from their respective classes spell cards though. But who knows how they will see it.
You also have to consider that they would not be too complicated of an image so that the widest range of customers would be able to use without experiencing technical issues, like I sometimes have with my wyvern dropping my fps whenever it shoots fireworks (still cant figure out why)

This being said....

Life would probably get unicorn, similar to the mare mounts, i know. But if school mounts were from a quest (or just not crowns) it wouldn't be that ground breaking of a design in the first place. KI wants people to go 'oh i gotta have that' if they can make an extra 5-10$ off a crowns purchase of it.

Death could have slightly modified, somewhat larger blood bat. Modified for to look like its for the death school, much like the Death crow relates to the Firebird. As a visual approximate, I'd compare it generally to the regular dragon mounts, but without legs hanging to the ground. Similar size height and length, so that it wouldnt take up too much space with its wing span.
Actually, i'd like to see us on a flying monkey from wizard of oz. Without infringing on copyrights of course xD
Maybe a 'gargoyle' for legal purposes.

Myth should have the most creative class specific mount, as the entire school of magic is about creativity, imagination, strength of mind, etc.
If they were to use Orthrus it would need to be scaled substantially and would be very detailed and sought-after, so it would definitely only be a crowns option. My suggestion? Maybe a Roc or something to that extent.

Storm should have a Raiju (japanese term for a thunder animal or beast) usually in the form of a cat. This is where Raiku comes from in pokemon. Obviously, copyrights should be taken in to consideration on this idea as well.

Fire could have a firecat, although people may bring up 'why isnt my wizard burning?' without really thinking in to it, or remember they are playing a game in which magic exists. Dont be so logical lol

Ice is tricky if you stick to only options from spell cards. Thats why my vote is for a polar bear.

Balance should have some sort of sphinx cat, similar to the panther or bengal tiger. This would only require them to change the aesthetics and not the structure or the movement of this mount, since thats already programmed.

There are my two cents :)

i honestly think that school mounts are cool and don't get mad if this is in the wrong place but i think there should be mounts that you unlock over the game like you get a wolf when you go to grizzleheim. just a thought.KI that would be cool but u have to buy them with crowns or gold each 100,000n gold and 5000 crowns