Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Return to Pigswick (NEW SPELLS!)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2016
Hey guys, check this out. I would like to see KI create a new quest line that involves wizards going back to Wysteria and completing tasks for the teacher of their school sign in Wysteria as opposed to Ravenwood. The corresponding school teacher will give the wizard a set of tasks and battles which will unlock 3 new trainable spells. The spells are the focus of this particular post, as I have some ideas for each school on what they can learn. I did a similar post with a similar idea a year ago, but I feel this may be a better approach. The new spell side-quest line will start when wizards reach LVL 85. These will be special, more powerful or useful spells that will require an extremely difficult solo boss fights to unlock training.

After the quest line is complete, here are three spell ideas for each school to add to their arsenal. Most of these will focus on giving each school something they lack or otherwise.

For the Balance school (Equilibrium) -

Wall of Stone - 4 pip cost, absorbs 1000 damage

Mass Hex - 2 pip cost, casts hex on each enemy.

Spirit Blast - 6 pip cost, may deal 515 damage, 650 damage or drain 500 , half to caster.

For the Storm school (Tempest)

Electrified Stream - 2 pip cost, deals 50 + 300 damage to all enemies over 5 rounds + -25% accuracy

Resuscitation - 4 pip cost, 50% accuracy, 1,000 to target if health is below 50%, 500 if above 50%.

Whirlpool - 4 pip cost, 300 damage to all enemies and stun for 2 rounds.

For the Fire school (Ember)

Mass steal charm - 4 pip cost, steal all charms from all enemies.

Forest Fire - 2 pip cost, 60% accuracy, 100, 200, or 400 damage to all enemies.

Fireworks - 6 pip cost, 60% accuracy, 350 x 3 damage (20% chance each to self) + stun enemy for 1 round.

For the Ice school (Frost)

Mass steal ward - 6 pip cost, steal all wards from all enemies.

Glacial Shards - 4 pip cost, 70% accuracy, 150, 290, or 675 damage + stun enemy for 1 round.

Avalanche - 6 pip cost, + 30% to all enemies and 300 + 300 damage over 5 rounds to all enemies

For the Myth school (Chaos)

Loki - 8 pip cost, pierce 1 shield on all enemies, +25% X2 then 100 + 500 to single enemy and - 25% accuracy to all.

Mass shatter - 4 pip cost, destroy all wards on all enemies.

Illusion - 4 pip cost, pierce 1 shield, deal 250 damage and add + 35% blade to caster.

For the Death School (Spirit)

Vengeful Spirit - 2 pip cost, 50% accuracy, caster regains 600 after being defeated by stealing it from the target via damage (CAN CRITICAL).

Bat Swarm - 4 pip cost, 50% accuracy, 250 + 500 damage over 5 rounds to all enemies swap half to drain over time.

Envy - 6 pip cost, 50% accuracy, destroy all pips on opponent and cast -35% accuracy on self.

That is the end of the list, I will leave it to KI to come up with the life school pigswick spells, as I did not bother to think of any.

These would be very cool additional spells for wizards to learn and should be school specific. It can absolutely spice up the next meta for PvE and PvP if these spells were added. A little less roshambo and more oriented towards equal fun for all and that's probably what we need now more than ever in Wizard101. Thanks for reading. - Seth MoonShade.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What spells do you have in mind for Life school? That's not on the list.

Also, I think since Wysteria is the world of cheaters, the spells we learn should be cheat spells from all over the spiral. Now, when I say cheat spells, that doesnt mean us wizards will start cheating, but we'll have access to a monster's cheat spell. For instance, Life school could get access to Eternal Leviathan spell from the Spirit of Darkmoor or Balance could learn the Font of Strength Minion's Dragonblade from Loremaster's fight, etc. There are soo many options that could be done, especially starting off at the lowest cheat levels. So, the first few cheats each school would get would be from the first arc. Then, some time later, we'd get the cheats from the second arc, and so on. Maybe, if that's too much, as one world gets release, one lower world's cheat spells get released. So, with the world after Lemuria, The first 2 worlds worth of cheats could be released (as the initial release, then one world after that). This way, it gives the dev team time to get those spells taken care of (in damage, pip cost, how to get it, etc).

Survivor
Mar 11, 2016
dayerider on Jan 11, 2022 wrote:
What spells do you have in mind for Life school? That's not on the list.

Also, I think since Wysteria is the world of cheaters, the spells we learn should be cheat spells from all over the spiral. Now, when I say cheat spells, that doesnt mean us wizards will start cheating, but we'll have access to a monster's cheat spell. For instance, Life school could get access to Eternal Leviathan spell from the Spirit of Darkmoor or Balance could learn the Font of Strength Minion's Dragonblade from Loremaster's fight, etc. There are soo many options that could be done, especially starting off at the lowest cheat levels. So, the first few cheats each school would get would be from the first arc. Then, some time later, we'd get the cheats from the second arc, and so on. Maybe, if that's too much, as one world gets release, one lower world's cheat spells get released. So, with the world after Lemuria, The first 2 worlds worth of cheats could be released (as the initial release, then one world after that). This way, it gives the dev team time to get those spells taken care of (in damage, pip cost, how to get it, etc).
I didn't include the life school just because I couldn't think of anything that would supplement them besides harder hitting aoe. I tried to focus on what schools are lacking and giving each school a taste of something from different schools. Balance got the wall of stone as a similar spell to life armor or ice armor, etc.. I don't mind the idea of cheat spells and certainly there should be an expanded list of spells obtainable at the Pigswick schools, but in terms of the first batch of spells, I think the ones I suggested are a good start. You'll notice they are often very powerful in relation to the pip cost which is part of that cheating element. Doing something more powerful sooner than is normally available is along the lines of where I was thinking when imagining these spells.