Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Restrict Loremaster to Higher level Players

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
So, I'm pretty ok with the few magus and adept wizards challenging Loremaster, but when a level 7 apprentice player appears, now we got a problem.

I was wondering if we add a level requirement to Loremaster. Like make the boss room level 15+, or 10+ for those who might complain.

They can't really contribute to the battle because they can't have their threat too high so they won't get focused.

Basically, I had a run where there were three wizards who were less than level ten. They all died on the first round from Deer Knight and just begged me to use a heal because they wouldn't flee because they "might not get the spell drops". Ok? I don't have a heal because I didn't think I NEED to heal.

Eventually they fled, and place all the blame on me because I made them flee which resulted them from not getting a spell.

What!?

So, I think putting a little level requirement can prevent that from happening. Or at least make it so that they have to be a level high enough to survive at least one hit.

Thank you fellow wizards and tell me what you think.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2015
low levels can be useful

they sure can't use magic but they can be useful

Michael moon heart level 100

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
John Hawkward on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
So, I'm pretty ok with the few magus and adept wizards challenging Loremaster, but when a level 7 apprentice player appears, now we got a problem.

I was wondering if we add a level requirement to Loremaster. Like make the boss room level 15+, or 10+ for those who might complain.

They can't really contribute to the battle because they can't have their threat too high so they won't get focused.

Basically, I had a run where there were three wizards who were less than level ten. They all died on the first round from Deer Knight and just begged me to use a heal because they wouldn't flee because they "might not get the spell drops". Ok? I don't have a heal because I didn't think I NEED to heal.

Eventually they fled, and place all the blame on me because I made them flee which resulted them from not getting a spell.

What!?

So, I think putting a little level requirement can prevent that from happening. Or at least make it so that they have to be a level high enough to survive at least one hit.

Thank you fellow wizards and tell me what you think.
my general stance is this~ all major dungeons should be level-locked and, if *you* have not unlocked the area via quest progression, you shouldn't be there. end of.

if you're there, you should be prepared to contribute. when i took my then-adept pyromancer on a loremaster run with some friends a few years ago (to try for the krampus spell during the holidays), i didn't just stand there and spam shields on myself, as so many low-level wizards do in these types of instances~ i made sure that her stats and gear were up to par, in order to keep up with the rest of the team.

a few weeks ago, i was in darkmoor with a group that ported a level 91 friend in; he had terrible gear and, naturally, all he did was spam shields on himself. and, because he didn't know the cheats or have the spells/stats required to keep pace with us, i (storm) had to waste pips healing, instead of building for a big hit.

eventually, the 3 of us actually contributing all died and had to flee. the level 91 wizard (the only surviving member of the team at that point) got killed while we were gone and, by the time we came back, we had to start over... now, i'm no quitter. but, given that we were looking at starting from scratch after we'd already been in there for 4 hours, i decided to cut my losses.

can low-level players be useful? definitely. but should they be in an instance that they can't feasibly contribute to? no way, jose.

-von

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
So many farm this area for spells. How would you address the situation of the plethora of low levels who already have the spell drops? Loremaster should have been level specific when introduced, but I think it is too late to do so now, the cat is already out of the proverbial bag.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
storm 101 on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
low levels can be useful

they sure can't use magic but they can be useful

Michael moon heart level 100
In this case, whether you have Shadow magic or not is completely unrelated to usefulness. Shadow magic is unnecessary when you're fighting Loremaster. The most someone under level 10 can really do is blade or trap, and that doesn't even apply to all schools. They can't really hit because they'd draw aggro.

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
i find weaker levels really bad when fighting the lore master because of them always being defeated and then asking me to heal them i am trying to save up for a spell like gnomes! people UGH