Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resistance

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Shouldn't we get natural resistance like the monsters do? It'd be cool if as soon as we were "enrolled" in school we'd be enchanted with our school's resistance. It would grow over time, but by very little.

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I like this idea, actually. It's strange to think that we are as vulnerable to our own school as everyone else if we don't have gear on. This is and interesting idea, and I think it's worth considering. Question-- would we also get natural boosts like monsters? (such as, death wizards would get a damage boost from life spells) It would, again, be very very small.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Shouldn't we get natural resistance like the monsters do? It'd be cool if as soon as we were "enrolled" in school we'd be enchanted with our school's resistance. It would grow over time, but by very little.

I don't think the monsters get natural resistances. All the monsters in Unicorn Way do not have any resistances at all. I assume the monsters you are referring to gained gear with resistances, just like we did over time (scale with level). Celestia has some 80% resistances while Krokotopia monsters are much less.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Yes I agree with this, but I also think that we should resist our school and negatively resist our opposite school, so they would boost on us. Not so sure for balance, though, how this would work.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
To offset that ability, they would have to give you a natural weakness, just as the monsters do.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I would love this! I have given up school resist for accuracy more than once.
Megan

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
I agree, it would be awesome. I'm storm so I have low health, but a natural resistance, (say 50% at level 60?), would help A LOT!

~~Sarah Moonglade level 60 Storm~~

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
kingurz wrote:
I don't think the monsters get natural resistances. All the monsters in Unicorn Way do not have any resistances at all. I assume the monsters you are referring to gained gear with resistances, just like we did over time (scale with level). Celestia has some 80% resistances while Krokotopia monsters are much less.

What? The monsters in Unicorn Way don't have resistance for the same reason there are no snack or seed drops: the players there are still new to the game. If you theory is correct, what about the Sunbirds in Dragonspyre compared to the one in Krokotopia and the ones in Marleybone? Do their feathers become more and more frost-retardent over time or something?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
cookiejar42 wrote:
I like this idea, actually. It's strange to think that we are as vulnerable to our own school as everyone else if we don't have gear on. This is and interesting idea, and I think it's worth considering. Question-- would we also get natural boosts like monsters? (such as, death wizards would get a damage boost from life spells) It would, again, be very very small.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

That's the only snag. If we were to gain resistance, then we might need to gain boost as well to balance things out. As our resistance builds, so might our boost, and as we all know the Celestians don't play. They hit hard and our blessing might turn into a curse.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
I would love this! I have given up school resist for accuracy more than once.
Megan

Haven't we all?

Delver
Apr 12, 2011