Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reset PvP wins/losses Elixir

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 01, 2014
I wasnt sure if this should go to the pvp threads or this but, because it takes years for a new age, we absolutely need an elixir that resets wins/losses. Either that or school changing elixir. People cheat too much in pvp, and there was absolute proof of it in my recent one. Now my pvp ranking is 156 private. At least have an elixir that can reset us back to 500, and can be an expensive one too to make more money.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
BrandBrandPowers12... on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
I wasnt sure if this should go to the pvp threads or this but, because it takes years for a new age, we absolutely need an elixir that resets wins/losses. Either that or school changing elixir. People cheat too much in pvp, and there was absolute proof of it in my recent one. Now my pvp ranking is 156 private. At least have an elixir that can reset us back to 500, and can be an expensive one too to make more money.
Wouldn't a reset of your win/loss record also be "cheating"?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
BrandBrandPowers12... on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
It makes no sense to me that someone who has participated in PvP should have a lower rank than my wizards who have never even bothered with it. I don't think it should be reset with an elixir; I don't think losing rank should exist. Sure, I might be naive, deluded, dumb...[insert adjective describing someone ignorant here]...I've heard it all before and maybe there is some truth to them, but I do know people, kids, fun, good sportsmanship, achievement, disappointment, supportive/unsupportive environments etc...and also how they all affect sales! This kind of situation should not be possible imo, and is counter-productive to positivity.

I'm sorry this has happened to your wizard and personally I respect and commend you for trying out PvP. I wish you got some in-game credit for that! Your wizard certainly deserves a higher rank than mine and it makes no sense that someone better than me at PvP and with more experience in the arena should be ranked lower...even a loss in the arena is more experience, understanding and knowledge than someone who doesn't even set foot in it!

Sorry for any disappointment or frustration you're feeling!

Explorer
Jun 01, 2014
Obviously no its not cheating, especially comparing to what you balance and death players be doing in pvp

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
BrandBrandPowers12... on Feb 18, 2019 wrote:
Obviously no its not cheating, especially comparing to what you balance and death players be doing in pvp
I don't think we need cheating to muddy the waters if the issue is losing rank. I don't get why it is necessary. Other games (for adults only!) have PvP systems where you can't lose what you have by participating. They've got huge scales and ladders to climb but everyone always progresses. The best PvPers get to the high ranks, max if they're really, really good...but even the weakest are rewarded too and gain, even though it is at a much slower rate.

Losing rank is like we could lose our gear if we die in a PvE...who after farming their OP gear would continue to quest if they could lose everything from a few bad runs of a dungeon? For PvP to get and keep players PvPing I don't think there should be losses; only gains...even if you 'lose'.

This is a prime example of someone wanting to get into PvP and getting put off before they've really begun. I understand the system, I don't understand the necessity of a system that punishes people for participation when it doesn't need to be that way. Sorry you're in this position, I'd feel disheartened too!