Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reprogramming for the End Key Please

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Currently, the "End" key (just above the 'up arrow' key on many keyboards) is a hotkey for sending a user to the commons area of a world. Considering the end key's position on most keyboards, this can be very inconvenient. Instead of travelling forward, a user is sent to the commons. I have while pressing the forward key leaned on the end key to port to a commons area. Please reconsider reprogramming this key or allowing users to reprogram hotkeys.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Consider using A, D, S, W keys instead of the arrows for moving. That keeps you away from the End key.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Molly Thunderbreez... on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Currently, the "End" key (just above the 'up arrow' key on many keyboards) is a hotkey for sending a user to the commons area of a world. Considering the end key's position on most keyboards, this can be very inconvenient. Instead of travelling forward, a user is sent to the commons. I have while pressing the forward key leaned on the end key to port to a commons area. Please reconsider reprogramming this key or allowing users to reprogram hotkeys.
We can change the keyboard shortcuts. I posted this on Wizard101central.com:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?397911-We-Can-Remap-Keyboard-Shortcuts

That post includes two links with a "guide" on how to do it, and the current list of shortcuts.

And on post #12 on page two of that post, Professor Greyrose replied too.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
seethe42 on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Consider using A, D, S, W keys instead of the arrows for moving. That keeps you away from the End key.
some people like using the arrow keys like me. also, this has happened to me many times :(. this would be wonderful if they could change it.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
So yes! So many times I've done that, and even more times I mark my location! So... many... minigames.......

Cole Goldenflame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: Mooshu and Grizzleheim Area: Tatakai Outpost and Mirkholm Keep

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
After reading the above referenced 'solution' which is sitting in a graveyard on a noncompany site that KI has no control over, I am now asking that you change the config file to reprogram this one key. How about ctrl + 'c' for commons.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Molly Thunderbreez... on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
After reading the above referenced 'solution' which is sitting in a graveyard on a noncompany site that KI has no control over, I am now asking that you change the config file to reprogram this one key. How about ctrl + 'c' for commons.
They already said they'd consider discussing it, and they also said they don't care if you change it yourself. It's really a non-issue for most players. If you have a major problem with it, change your bindings like that first link shows you how.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/changing-keyboard-bindings-8ad6a41743d8263b0143d9b2ac811046