Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting for nothing.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
86
Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
I hate people that report you for no reason.

I try to only report when somebody says an inappropriate word, is giving their password away, or wanting to trade accounts.

I feel very sorry you got reported.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
86
I've never reported anyone. Unless you count my attitude here. Why would I? Most of these people as far as I was concerned are my friends.
Frankly, I think it's obvious that I talk too much.
And we are really feeling bad about anyone getting hurt.
Most of the time, lately, because of some mix up, talking about my age, everywhere, I've just ended up deleting people. Instead of following the "rules" and being quiet and all, or reporting every violation I see. I know it isn't very nice to delete a friend. Nor is it nice to report ever little thing that someone thinks is wrong because they have their own set of family rules. But when a person doesn't be respectful of the rules consistently,( like myself I suppose then all I can do is try to prevent more damage.
I really think it is sad, but it probably is all my fault.
All these kids, all going live and everything, if the parents, like myself, don't precisely follow the rules that have been laid out for me to read.
Which I admit I didn't read very carefully at first, then the only person responsible for any kids getting hurt because of me, or my kid or ignorance is me.
There has been a lot of yelling in the forums lately about personal responsibility and rule breaking and parents not being babysitters, and password violations and treasure card taking, and codes and all that. It didn't really bother me. I wasn't particularily concerned for myself when I got back on. I was concerned for my friends and family.
I don't really see in what way this or anything else, is going to be solved with people jumping all over the place ranting and raving about what a crummy person so and so is.
We already feel bad enough.
I would have fixed what I could have. Eventually. And, what I couldn't have fixed I would have asked for help about it anyway, so, it isn't really anyone else's fault but mine.
If anything went on outside of my frame of reference, I'm pretty sure it was done out of friendship for me, or for their friends, or for my kid. I appreciate it.
Again, I apologize if I offended anyone's sensibilities about how the game should be played.
How long do we have to keep going over this?
This game was fun. hectic but fun. I enjoyed it. My kid enjoyed it. He is funny. My kid's friend enjoyed it. His brother befor that. Everything was being watched by someone. .
It can get pretty hard to remember all those names, and match them up with faces considering my list was full way back in Wizard City.
I just started deleting people.
When people asked me where my kid was, people who I met somewhere back through my kid, started hasseling or scaring her over and over again, I deleted them too. Because they were weird. Weird little kids or weird adults, I don't care, but when they start talking about stuff that scares us, I'm done talking to anybody then. Because that is weird. She deleted him too. She didn't even want to talk to him at all and deleted him first. People jumping up and down saying "She deleted me", and why won't she talk to me? And where? is she is a little scarey. A normal adult could probably handle that, and a kid would just normally eventually figure it out, and I would have thought, gotten over it. You'd think. Or a parent would explain it to them. But, because they were "kids" and she had already gone around the filters, just like all these other kids, I ignored it. I figured it was a "kid fight". A real regular kid fight. Some girl-boy thing.
So there, then everything is all my fault because I'm the adult. It's supposed to be a secure server. I figured it was safe and most of the people on it were on the same page, I mean we do let the whole thing on our computers, don't we? Just let it sit there with all of our information and everything running through our ports.
I really did think it was safe. I figured anybody who could get on would be safe.
But, it still isn't any of my friends faults.
Nor my family's.
Yeah, yeah, it says anyone with a credit card, but anybody with a credit card knows you don't just give it out to anybody.
I still think it's a relatively safe place for my family and friends to play. Or, I wouldn't still be on.
Maybe I still don't understand the rules..






Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
11
one question. been wondering for a while. how do i talk to KI not on the message boards

Administrator
If you have any questions or concerns regarding billing, please send an email to: billing@kingsisle.com.
Please include your billing name &/or last 4 digits of the credit card in question (or your account username if you know it)

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com.
Please include your account username.



baltior wrote:
one question. been wondering for a while. how do i talk to KI not on the message boards

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Champion
Mar 19, 2009
404
i got reported for reporting a guy saying innapropriate things and that was not cool :-(

Survivor
May 23, 2009
3
dethanatr wrote:
Withdemon wrote:
I dont even understand what happened to me yesterday.
I log on today and BOOM I'm Muted. Like The scary thing is that How can I possibly get muted? I was In Mooshu all day long doing quests and there are no people in Mooshu. And Besides all that It's very odd how you can be muted in game where you can't say anything without spelling anything right.

Anyways I wrote to them already, I think it might be some sort of bug, But I don't see how it's possible. Hope they understand because being muted really doesn't pull me back into playing :(


The same happened to me. I didn't do anything, and I was muted! And the annoying thing is that the "You have been muted for ___ hours" kept coming up every minute. It was frustrating for me and my sister, who have been playing this game for a long time, it almost made me want to stop playing for a while. It was very frustrating.
same here and it really frustrating cause all my friends were mad at me cause i wasnt talking and i didnt do ANYTHING!! honestly and this is making me not even want to play cause i was muted for to days it makes me mad and now everyone is mad at me

Administrator
fatalfate wrote:
same here and it really frustrating cause all my friends were mad at me cause i wasnt talking and i didnt do ANYTHING!! honestly and this is making me not even want to play cause i was muted for to days it makes me mad and now everyone is mad at me


Young Wizard, an email was sent to the email address that you registered with Wizard101 explaining exactly why you were muted and for how long. Should you continue to engage in this, or any type of behavior that violates the terms of service, your account will be suspended and can be permanently banned.

If you have further questions, reply to that email.

If you did not receive the email explaining why you were muted, check to make sure you gave us a valid email address.


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
32
um, lincoln, can you plz tell me what will happen if this happens. (which it already did)


if someones reports everyone just for saying numbers, what happens?
it sounds very crazy. but he reported for like olny that resone.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
63
DarkStorm824 wrote:
I hate people that report you for no reason.

I try to only report when somebody says an inappropriate word, is giving their password away, or wanting to trade accounts.

I feel very sorry you got reported.
YOUR SO RIGHT!

Survivor
May 08, 2009
6
Yeah, I got reported for saying "FAIL" after someone fizzled. :?
I don't think thats breaking the rules...

Defender
May 31, 2009
172
ok i get muted all the time for no apparent reason! it gets me mad and it doesnt let me log off or do anything. and some person reported me for no reason just because i came to his house when my friend was there. if someone doe something bad you report them right? but if someone does something good, you cant do anything except ssaying "thanks" or "you rock" and so on. there should be a praise button that allows you to praise people dont ya think? just an idea

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
63
Survivor
May 02, 2009
16
Srsly i got reported for not being somebodys friend! Another time was cause i was checking out a stage in a royal play house and i didn't want to get off BOOM, reported. Now really first of all, WHO WOULD WANT TO DO THAT. They do that so THEY can become grand masters faster. Second of all i was on the stage to check it out, not to claim it.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
1
ugh me to i dont even know who did it? i just logged on and the thingy poped up so i am mad the game better fix it now!

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
14
UGH I was fighting Grumish Greataxe when some guy set up a feint and I used my kraken and it killed Grumish but the guy was really mad and he kept swearing at me so then I said that I would be nice and not report him and he got mad and reported me it was weird.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
1
I got suspended last night.
i wast muted for 5 days, and i get my acount back and got suspended.
where is the fairness in that?!
What the fruits man. D:

BTW.
how long can i get suspended for? o. o!

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
Maikah wrote:
I got suspended last night.
i wast muted for 5 days, and i get my acount back and got suspended.
where is the fairness in that?!
What the fruits man. D:

BTW.
how long can i get suspended for? o. o!



ok i have been getting reported for no reason alot here lately i never use bad words and i have no idea why it keeps happening i dont have alot of money so if i get banned i will never play this game again for wasteing my money i mean come on they act like we are made of money or something. why should you get in trouble for nothing. i think all of us who are tired of all this sillyness should do something about it like make them make it to where they can't report you unless you say a bad word or something like that you know. because come on do kids really read the rules NO they do not. so how would they know that reporting people falsely will get them banned also. i'm going write the makers of this game and see what can be done about it. and every one should do the same.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
9
I have reported people many times but not for no reason. I learned my lesson though about being cheated. Kind of my fault i admit.

1. Cheated me out of cards.
2.Cheated my friend out of cards.
3.Cheated me out of cards AGAIN.
4.Cheated someone else.
This all happened in the week wings came out.
5. Asked me out.
I hate people that think this is a dating site.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
20
Loststarofhope wrote:
I have reported people many times but not for no reason. I learned my lesson though about being cheated. Kind of my fault i admit.

1. Cheated me out of cards.
2.Cheated my friend out of cards.
3.Cheated me out of cards AGAIN.
4.Cheated someone else.
This all happened in the week wings came out.
5. Asked me out.
I hate people that think this is a dating site.




I just dont listen to those people and anyway from what i have read i just very glad alot of people like me because i do lots for other people even gave away cards for free!

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
Loststarofhope wrote:
I have reported people many times but not for no reason. I learned my lesson though about being cheated. Kind of my fault i admit.

1. Cheated me out of cards.
2.Cheated my friend out of cards.
3.Cheated me out of cards AGAIN.
4.Cheated someone else.
This all happened in the week wings came out.
5. Asked me out.
I hate people that think this is a dating site.



well if you read the rules your not really suposed to report people for cheating you out of cards. to qoute the F.A.Q. not reportable offences “Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)
so you were actully falsely reporting people. if you get scammed its your own fault no one elses and yes i have been scammed myself but thats ok becasue i never use those cards anyway. really man the only thing i seen right was you reporting someone for asking you out this is a kids game not a dateing site but thats still not a reportable offence. cratetive curseing and giveing out your email and spaming (not scamming) are reportable please people read the rules.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
44
ccffcg123 wrote:
Today I was having a pet show with my friends in the Life tower and we all got reported for nothing by some brandon kid. I didn't catch his last name but it was very annoying. Can anyone tell me if I will lose my chat or just monitered for a while. thanks :)



no you wont be muted or anything. the ban he made will be caused on HIS account probably because it was a false report, or harassing




----- Anna Battlecatcher, Grandmaster of Ice

Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
4
I was in the arena doing a 2v2 with a friend . The other team were both boys. They thought it would be funny to ask us out. Of course we said no politely because it's just a game. They started calling us foul names and cursing at us. I didn't get a chance to report them, neither did they get a chance to report me. I still don't think that was right of them :x

Explorer
Jun 21, 2009
57
I'm confused is reporting people for taking your treasure cards false reporting? And I am wondering what happens to the people who don't false report but aren't really reporting Something bad like not geetting out of their house or something

Defender
May 29, 2009
109
I don't really have open or text chat, so I guess I should be glad of my innocence.
If someone reports you, report THEM for false reporting. Make sure it's been a day first, because they might get YOUR report first, and you'll get banned of falsely reporting false reporting for false reporting.
Yeah.