Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Renaming Clothing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
If it were possible to rename items of clothing at the Dye Shop then players could essentially create their own gear, given that the Seamstress (Eloise Merryweather) will add the stats you like, would be nice to see what people make for sale in the bazaar too.

What are your thoughts

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
GabrielFireWeilder on Mar 14, 2018 wrote:
If it were possible to rename items of clothing at the Dye Shop then players could essentially create their own gear, given that the Seamstress (Eloise Merryweather) will add the stats you like, would be nice to see what people make for sale in the bazaar too.

What are your thoughts
I wouldn't want the renamed gear to retain the new names in the Bazaar. It is already difficult enough to page through what seem like hundreds of pages and click each item and go back to the beginning of the list each time we don't buy something. Imagine now if we have no idea what an item is, or where to find it, because everything has a unique name (or even, some things have a unique name.)

But I like your idea otherwise. I like your idea on an individual level. I would love to 'rename' my own gear while I wear it. I'm not sure which way it would be easier for KI to code or to implement but I'd pay some gold in the dye shop or I'd like to change it by typing into the backpack or something.

It would make it fun and it would mean that what I'm wearing and what the thing says in the backpack or on Examine are more in tune.

Your idea also made me think of people being able to create costumes but I'm not sure KI could implement that and still have the game run so smoothly. They could perhaps have contests where people can submit clothing ideas or designs though, and then KI make them.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2016
GabrielFireWeilder on Mar 14, 2018 wrote:

What are your thoughts
Well, Although this would be a cool idea you wouldn't be really making your own gear, you would be taking it from another piece of gear. Say you wanted to rename the waterworks gear, its basically renaming an already invented gear piece.

Another thought is, if you were to rename your clothing/gear and sold it in the bazaar, players in that level looking for that gear would not know it's name has changed and would have a hard time finding the needed gear, it's already a pain flipping pages trying to find the exact gear, but if you renamed that certain gear you had it wouldn't be fair to the others who wanted it..

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
SparkleTude on Mar 15, 2018 wrote:
I wouldn't want the renamed gear to retain the new names in the Bazaar. It is already difficult enough to page through what seem like hundreds of pages and click each item and go back to the beginning of the list each time we don't buy something. Imagine now if we have no idea what an item is, or where to find it, because everything has a unique name (or even, some things have a unique name.)

But I like your idea otherwise. I like your idea on an individual level. I would love to 'rename' my own gear while I wear it. I'm not sure which way it would be easier for KI to code or to implement but I'd pay some gold in the dye shop or I'd like to change it by typing into the backpack or something.

It would make it fun and it would mean that what I'm wearing and what the thing says in the backpack or on Examine are more in tune.

Your idea also made me think of people being able to create costumes but I'm not sure KI could implement that and still have the game run so smoothly. They could perhaps have contests where people can submit clothing ideas or designs though, and then KI make them.
Agreed. We can't be renaming items publicly

BUT

I really like this idea if Eloise could 1) give me a second page of Outfit Sets in my book - so double the outfits we can make and 2) allow me to stitch an unstitch pieces without removing them from a gear outfit set. It would be ideal if There was a question step that asked IF I WANT to abolish the set. If I said "no" it would keep the same gouping and name but look different in one or all pieces. 3) we really need more options in the naming word spools. I'm Life but I love using Shadow, too. I want to be able to say :

Mixed
General
No Hits
No Heals
No Shields
All Boosts
Energy Questing
Helper
Dungeon Healer
Dungeon Hitter
Dungeon Support
Weak Resist
Balanced DARP (damage, accuracy, resist, pip)
Strong
Short Farming
Deep Farming
ETC.