Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remove insane bolt from pvp completely.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2012
40
There's no need to write a lengthy essay on why this spell needs to be removed, just please do it. The nonsense I hear about it being 50/50 is just that, nonsense. It only takes one hit. That +shrike is an instant kill, nevermind the lame strategy of using it in 2v2 with a life wizard with jade gear on healing the caster every turn incase it backfires, which it rarely seems to do. If it were a last ditch move that could only be used when a player falls below a certain health threshold then I could understand, but the way it is now, it's being abused and a lot of people are sick of it. Please reevaluate this and wild bolt, both are ruining pvp for a fair amount of us.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
94
Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
18
Hero
Sep 07, 2011
761
No, please keep it. It adds excitement.

Defender
May 09, 2010
180
Banishing an entire spell from PVP is quite ridiculous. Although I've been struck by (and used) wild-bolt plenty of time myself, it's nothing too big. If you get hit.... work around it (unless you're killed)! PVP is adapt and overcome. if players are in a sticky situation (in this case, low/no health from a wild bolt hit), then the player can use wits and strategy to get out of the pinch.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
40
@Lettup: Hold on, are you saying that Wizard101 has never banned a spell from pvp before? Level 75 non-PVP minions anyone? Along with certain spells from pack-dropped gear....

Defender
May 09, 2010
180
fremen on Jan 25, 2015 wrote:
@Lettup: Hold on, are you saying that Wizard101 has never banned a spell from pvp before? Level 75 non-PVP minions anyone? Along with certain spells from pack-dropped gear....
Really? Never noticed, I suppose.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
lettup on Jan 23, 2015 wrote:
Banishing an entire spell from PVP is quite ridiculous. Although I've been struck by (and used) wild-bolt plenty of time myself, it's nothing too big. If you get hit.... work around it (unless you're killed)! PVP is adapt and overcome. if players are in a sticky situation (in this case, low/no health from a wild bolt hit), then the player can use wits and strategy to get out of the pinch.
Lettup normally you make good points but this time your on the wrong side

1 insane bolt is nothing like wild bolt i have it on my storm

2 insane bolt hits harder always and with a life spamming heals on you as you cast poof the enemy dead

3 if you critical and have about 100 damage that thing dose about 4000 to the enemy and the risk of hitting you is still less for some reason it hit the enemy instead of hitting you more

5 also wild bolt at lest you hit 10 or 100 or 1000 and you mostly get 100 or 10

7 with how many pips it cost it really easy to spam for one and the other is long as you have a life you don't lose any pips if you die

now i know its a fun spell to have but storms power level are getting way high and spell like these get to op for pvp even know it maybe a great spell to have it really should of never been allowed for pvp they band the tc from pvp because it was to op they should do the same with the spell

also they do band cards from pvp because some are way to powerful for pvp

Defender
May 09, 2010
180
sliver moon wolf on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
Lettup normally you make good points but this time your on the wrong side

1 insane bolt is nothing like wild bolt i have it on my storm

2 insane bolt hits harder always and with a life spamming heals on you as you cast poof the enemy dead

3 if you critical and have about 100 damage that thing dose about 4000 to the enemy and the risk of hitting you is still less for some reason it hit the enemy instead of hitting you more

5 also wild bolt at lest you hit 10 or 100 or 1000 and you mostly get 100 or 10

7 with how many pips it cost it really easy to spam for one and the other is long as you have a life you don't lose any pips if you die

now i know its a fun spell to have but storms power level are getting way high and spell like these get to op for pvp even know it maybe a great spell to have it really should of never been allowed for pvp they band the tc from pvp because it was to op they should do the same with the spell

also they do band cards from pvp because some are way to powerful for pvp
OOH Insane bolt! This whole time I thought we were talking about Wild bolt. That spell, yeah, I think it should be removed, if not an increase to the chance of the caster getting hit.

Blaze Stormmancer

P.S. Thanks for the compliment about the good points.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
Absolutely not, it is essential for the storm school to be able to generate damage spikes at a low pip level. That being said i do agree it should be nerfed to a 70-30 cast rate rather than the current 80-20.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
405
It's fine the way it is. The spell has been in PvP for years. It's a non-issue to most players.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2009
99
Agreed

Mason Greenbane Exalted

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
I disagree. Keep this spell. Storm needs this spell and it won't completely kill ye for sure. 50\50 is fair in my opinion. Sometimes it kills the dealer, but other times it hits the enemy. Keep this spell. There is a way to survive this hit, it isn't op.

Oracle

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
306
Shadow 343 on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
I disagree. Keep this spell. Storm needs this spell and it won't completely kill ye for sure. 50\50 is fair in my opinion. Sometimes it kills the dealer, but other times it hits the enemy. Keep this spell. There is a way to survive this hit, it isn't op.

Oracle
I agree 50/50 is fair which makes this spell kinda unfair since it has an 80% chance to hit the opponent and 20% to hit the caster.
Anyways I agree with banning the spell or even adjusting it to a 50/50 chance to make it A LOT more insane and risky. Plus Insane Bolt isn't even the only spell that gives storm an advantage in damage early in the round. All low level spells at 80+ would be good for damage and they still have Wild Bolt.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
94
Shadow 343 on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
I disagree. Keep this spell. Storm needs this spell and it won't completely kill ye for sure. 50\50 is fair in my opinion. Sometimes it kills the dealer, but other times it hits the enemy. Keep this spell. There is a way to survive this hit, it isn't op.

Oracle
Sometimes I wonder if someone is messing around with the game because throughout the course of 2 pvp battles I was hit with a 15-0 Insane Bolt, no hits on the caster, all hits on me.

It was also quite strange considering the caster said "GG" right before he kills me.

That aside, only shield against this is Tower Shield which is easily pierced by Storm, and I'm getting sick of spammers using this over and over again.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
94
THE Michael StormCloud, #1 on the PvP leaderboards, spams Insane Bolt. I have met him multiple times in PVP and he never hits himself during the battle. Never once have I defeated him.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
JStormCatcher on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
THE Michael StormCloud, #1 on the PvP leaderboards, spams Insane Bolt. I have met him multiple times in PVP and he never hits himself during the battle. Never once have I defeated him.
You have? At what rank are you dueling?