Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reducing the cost of The Mega Snack Pack

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
Hello I think that Mega Snacks are way to expensive in the crowns shop because its basically 5 dollars us for 1 mega snack pack and for me I live in Canada its like 7 dollars for one mega snack pack. I feel like the price should be reduced to 1500 crowns for one mega snack pack.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I have a sneaky suspicion that KI may have made the mega snack packs so excessively expensive because there are easier free ways to get mega snacks in game.

Gardening: There are a lot of plants that drop good snacks for pet training. They even drops some smaller ones you can sell for lots of gold too. The best ones are evil magma peas (EMP) and couch potatoes (CP) because they are easy to look after and don't take long to get to elder (when they drop the mega snacks).

You can get them in game as well as from the crown shop, so there isn't any need to spend real money on them if you want to get a few. If you don't have membership or you're very low level still you can get couch potatoes from the wizard city telegraph box, which is here at the moment. If you do this, watch out for energy gear drops too

If you don't have CP or EMP you can also get mega snacks (25xp) from prickly bear cactus which can be bought from the gardening guy in krok or from the bazaar. They use a little more energy to maintain but are excellent while you get a few CP or EMP.

If you have any deadly helephant ears they are good too and also drops some nice tc to use or sell.

Dungeons: If you want snacks more quickly you can farm Winterbane Hall the house dungeon (you can visit it through Castle Tours if you don't own one) - make sure to get the recipe wrong to do the battle there, they drop nice snacks. If you're high enough level there is also Mirror Lake, which guarantees 2 pixie stix snacks (+30xp each).

You could do an online search for some guides to getting mega snacks in Wizard101 and you will find far better and cheaper ways than buying mega snack packs.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The game occasionally has sales on the pack.

Called "Mega - Mondays" the pack occasionally goes on sale for a 24 hour period on some Mondays, not all.

It also goes on sale during the "Pack-A-Palooza" event.

But, I highly encourage you to garden the sources mentioned above or do couple runs of Mirror Lake etc..

Good Luck.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't buy Mega Snack packs. It's too expensive. Seriously, how many players can afford 2500 crowns per a pack and how many players would when they can farm for it or grow them.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Feb 27, 2018 wrote:
I have a sneaky suspicion that KI may have made the mega snack packs so excessively expensive because there are easier free ways to get mega snacks in game.

Gardening: There are a lot of plants that drop good snacks for pet training. They even drops some smaller ones you can sell for lots of gold too. The best ones are evil magma peas (EMP) and couch potatoes (CP) because they are easy to look after and don't take long to get to elder (when they drop the mega snacks).

You can get them in game as well as from the crown shop, so there isn't any need to spend real money on them if you want to get a few. If you don't have membership or you're very low level still you can get couch potatoes from the wizard city telegraph box, which is here at the moment. If you do this, watch out for energy gear drops too

If you don't have CP or EMP you can also get mega snacks (25xp) from prickly bear cactus which can be bought from the gardening guy in krok or from the bazaar. They use a little more energy to maintain but are excellent while you get a few CP or EMP.

If you have any deadly helephant ears they are good too and also drops some nice tc to use or sell.

Dungeons: If you want snacks more quickly you can farm Winterbane Hall the house dungeon (you can visit it through Castle Tours if you don't own one) - make sure to get the recipe wrong to do the battle there, they drop nice snacks. If you're high enough level there is also Mirror Lake, which guarantees 2 pixie stix snacks (+30xp each).

You could do an online search for some guides to getting mega snacks in Wizard101 and you will find far better and cheaper ways than buying mega snack packs.

I hope this helps and good luck!
To add on what Victoria said, KI sometimes does a gardening benefit for members. What the benefit will do for you is double your drops. CP and EMP will reseed (drop a seed) when you harvest them from Elder. So, with the the double drops from the benefit, they will give two seeds instead of one. This is a great way to build your stash of plants.