Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Real-time combat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2014
Instead of turn-based combat, would it be too much to handle if instead there was real-time combat? I sometimes feel that fights can drag on and are so slow. Though that probably would require redesigning the entire game wouldn't it?

Delver
May 12, 2012
Powder Monkey on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
Instead of turn-based combat, would it be too much to handle if instead there was real-time combat? I sometimes feel that fights can drag on and are so slow. Though that probably would require redesigning the entire game wouldn't it?
Yes, it would require redesigning multiple parts of the game. Fights usually do feel slow. That would be cool, just then you'd have to change questing, pvp, and basically everything. It wouldn't really be 'wizard' themed game much either. It'd be 'battle' themed game. Unique idea, though, I've never heard this one or thought of it.

~ Ali

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
Although your idea is a great time saver, most people play wizards for the turn based system we have. Perhaps you could try to design your own game with the aspects you would like to see, you never know it might be successful :)

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
Mythali126 on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
Yes, it would require redesigning multiple parts of the game. Fights usually do feel slow. That would be cool, just then you'd have to change questing, pvp, and basically everything. It wouldn't really be 'wizard' themed game much either. It'd be 'battle' themed game. Unique idea, though, I've never heard this one or thought of it.

~ Ali
Of course you'd have to redesign most of the game, also @Mythali126 that wouldn't exactly make it completely a battle game, you could still play as a wizard and fight wizardly with wizard gear, the only difference would be the action.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2014
Really? No one has ever brought this up before? Huh... weird. Maybe that's a possible thing for a sequel.