Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

quests and side quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2011
I completely agree. I get sick of looking up the quest line on the internet just to see if i am on a side or main quest. Please change this ki thanks.

Katie Greensword level 57

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
Main quests you CAN'T decline, also they will make sense with what you are currently doing in that world.

Side quests you CAN decline, also they most likely wont have anything to do with what your currently doing in that world, usually a defeat and collect quest.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Yes! Thanks I thought I'd have to make this myself!

Sean RainbowHunter Level 39

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Your idea is a no brainer. I'm not sure why they won't implement it. And I also don't understand why you can't folder quests by world. I don't need or want to see the Wysteria quests when I'm questing in Dragonspyre, or that nagging book quest I missed in Mooshu when I'm questing in Celestia.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I have to agree! I've even gotten lost for months because I didn't know which quest I was suppose to do.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
everybody who says you can't decline main quests I know. Although most wizards just always accept and keep hitting next until accept comes on. I am talking about what alexbobalix wrote. Thank you.

Joseph Pixietamer level 11

Joseph Icestalker level 24

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Sometimes you can figure out which is the main quest by listening to the dialogue (click the dialogue button in the corner of a quest). But there should definitely be an update that makes it way more obvious. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 43 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
I agree that you should be able to differentiate main quests from side quests. The two easiest ways of doing this from a technical perspective is:

1. Naming convention - Either put a tag in the quest name or make it bold.
2. Color association - Make main quest have a colored border in the quest display.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
BestLifeWiz on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
This issue has been bugging me (Joseph Pixietamer ) and my friend (Kevin Dragonheart ) for a while.
All we need is like for the name of the quest just put "Main" in paranthesis. That is all thank you.

I would have to strongly say this is a good idea. Possibly make the quest in the questbook a different color?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
MasterSorcerer653 on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Main quests you CAN'T decline, also they will make sense with what you are currently doing in that world.

Side quests you CAN decline, also they most likely wont have anything to do with what your currently doing in that world, usually a defeat and collect quest.
The problem is that if you go away into "life" for a while you forget which ones you picked up where - and it's kind of a pain to go back and read the dialogue again for 8 or 9 items. Once a quest is picked up it's easy to forget whether it could have been declined or not.

I'm in Azteca and my quest arrow spontaneously jumps to old side quests I didn't clear - so I've learned the hard way to clear everything. But in the mean time I have to dig through my book past all these side quests - like 7 pages - to find mixed in there the Azteca Quests and look up the title of the Main Line.

It would be nice to know the Main Quest Line in Azteca and the future. I don't care how.
  • Use a different font in the title
  • Make the Main Quest Arrow - magenta or blue?
  • Make the picture box in my quest book a different color or the boarder a different color. Maybe sides remain the parchment color - but the main lines are glowing white
If I could beg here I would. Anything would be a help. I promise to clear the worlds as I go from now on...I promise but please help for the now.

Also, please reorder our quest book - so that there are World Chapters - and all the quests for a world go into that chapter - even when you are running CL errands in MB - the action might be in MB but the quest was given in and for CL so it goes in the CL chapter. Right now my quest book is so mixed up it looks like I'm one of those clumsy archaeologists in Krok. First I threw my book into the air then collected the pages willey-nilley. It's just awful.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Lol that would have been useful when I was around level 33 because I didnt get mixed up a lot but now I only do the main quest unless the side quest gives good rewards, I still agree on this one 100%

James Hawkeyes
level 55
Grandmaster

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
in the crystal grove in dragonspyre, I hade two quests and one of them was the main quest I didn't know which one it was, so I was going to work on the storyline on one quest and turns out it was doing the main quest all along, and yeah I 100% agree

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
I agree with this totally, but maybe also there would be a place where you can see where your next story line quest is along with the name and who gives it, I spent hours finding my next quest once!

Survivor
Aug 03, 2013
Yeah i have a lot of side quests i want to get rid of but i am too busy with main quests so yah i think this is a good idea

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
BestLifeWiz on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
This issue has been bugging me (Joseph Pixietamer ) and my friend (Kevin Dragonheart ) for a while.
All we need is like for the name of the quest just put "Main" in paranthesis. That is all thank you.

you'll know if its a main or a side, main quests you will only be able to accept, sides, you will have the option to decline

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Guys, there is always the aspect of following the storyline. A big part of the game is the story, it has a lot of thought put into it and they even include voice acting. If you want to keep track of your main quests, just pay attention to the storyline and it will be a breeze. The reason KI doesn't do what you are asking them to do is because they want players to appreciate all the work they put into the storyline. However they could do what they did in pirate101, where quest helper always stays fixed to the main quests unless manually changed. That would be nice. But for now, try and appreciate the storyline. It makes playing the game a lot more interesting and enjoyable. And all it takes is not spamming on the "more" button :p

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Nah, instead of this, do an icon, maybe a wand or something for main, and wizard (in cartoon style) leveling up for side at the bottom-left or bottom-right.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Grrr, I did my best to avoid accepting the book quests for Dragonspyre, but somewhere along the line I guess I ended up accepting it. Now I'm in Celestia and there is now way I'm ever going back to DS and do those quests for a measly 700 experience.

I just want this quest gone or in a folder so I don't have to look at it everyday for the next 30 levels.

Grrr.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
The problem is that if you go away into "life" for a while you forget which ones you picked up where - and it's kind of a pain to go back and read the dialogue again for 8 or 9 items. Once a quest is picked up it's easy to forget whether it could have been declined or not.

I'm in Azteca and my quest arrow spontaneously jumps to old side quests I didn't clear - so I've learned the hard way to clear everything. But in the mean time I have to dig through my book past all these side quests - like 7 pages - to find mixed in there the Azteca Quests and look up the title of the Main Line.

It would be nice to know the Main Quest Line in Azteca and the future. I don't care how.
  • Use a different font in the title
  • Make the Main Quest Arrow - magenta or blue?
  • Make the picture box in my quest book a different color or the boarder a different color. Maybe sides remain the parchment color - but the main lines are glowing white
If I could beg here I would. Anything would be a help. I promise to clear the worlds as I go from now on...I promise but please help for the now.

Also, please reorder our quest book - so that there are World Chapters - and all the quests for a world go into that chapter - even when you are running CL errands in MB - the action might be in MB but the quest was given in and for CL so it goes in the CL chapter. Right now my quest book is so mixed up it looks like I'm one of those clumsy archaeologists in Krok. First I threw my book into the air then collected the pages willey-nilley. It's just awful.
I've finished Azteca, and would just like to say that it would've been a HUGE help back when I first started playing to organize Main Quests & Side Quests. I'm here now to say that I would LOVE to have the Quest Book sorted into chapters for each world. This would really help in my quest to finish all quests, so I don't have to dig through six pages of Zafaria Quests to find that one in Mooshu that I never finished.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Ok so i know how people lose their main quests from time to time. With this idea people wouldnt lose their main quest for whatever world they are on. I know they have quest finder in all but this idea would make it much better. All the storyline quests would say on the side of the quest scroll thing it would say storyline quests and all the rest of the other quests that are side quests it would say on the side of the scroll side quest
I think this is a good idea so hopefully you like my idea to and it gets implented in the game soon.
May the fire always shine bright
Austin Firecaster Exalted Pyromancer