Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
Frozen deals with a lot of ice magic so how about a quest that is based off of hte movie Frozen!? And I think Ice wizards should get a new spell to summon Olaf or at least put the summoning in some equipment. And he should be a minion. Also in the movie I saw that Repunzel from tangled was in there so there should be a quest for that too. Maybe Repunzel could of been able to use star magic but now that her hair has been cut she has been practicing Life Magic. And I think it should be a pretty hard dungeon with like cheating bosses that can only be defeated by lvl 80 wizards.

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
How are we going to get permission from Disney to make a quest based on frozen? If we copied the characters from frozen and made a quest out of it, we could get in big trouble for copyright!

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
David Redleaf on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
Frozen deals with a lot of ice magic so how about a quest that is based off of hte movie Frozen!? And I think Ice wizards should get a new spell to summon Olaf or at least put the summoning in some equipment. And he should be a minion. Also in the movie I saw that Repunzel from tangled was in there so there should be a quest for that too. Maybe Repunzel could of been able to use star magic but now that her hair has been cut she has been practicing Life Magic. And I think it should be a pretty hard dungeon with like cheating bosses that can only be defeated by lvl 80 wizards.
Um, no.
I don't think King's Isle would have a problem with copying another thing(they do it a lot), but Disney is pretty hard to copy.
And plus, this idea is kind of weird and makes the game way more childish than it is already.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Raspykoo653 on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
How are we going to get permission from Disney to make a quest based on frozen? If we copied the characters from frozen and made a quest out of it, we could get in big trouble for copyright!
The satire/parody clause. If you look, W101 already parodies a ton of different things so they probably would be able to get away with parodying a part of the movie. I say a part as W101 really couldn't parody a whole movie. There's also fair use clauses but those are a lot more vague.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Brr. After dealing with Ravenscar and Wintertusk I am not eager for more adventures in the cold.

But I don't think homages to popular movies are necessarily a bad thing, so long as you don't copy them so closely you invite lawsuits for copyright infringement. Indeed, the whole Wizard101 game could be described as a homage to the Harry Potter movies (but not a close one, there are innumerable differrences). Personally, the first time I unlocked Zafaria it was about 2 minutes before I pulled up youtube and started playing Lion King and Jungle Book songs in the background. And I can't be the only one who burst out laughing when I discovered the magic incantation ah-weem-oh-weigh.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
We've done it with Selena Gomez, I'm sure Disney would give us permission.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Disney doesn't own the copyright to either story. Frozen is based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson. Classic fairy tales are open domain, that's why Disney uses them instead of paying for original stories.