Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Finder Arrow!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 23, 2011
I think that there should be a quest finder arrow that points towards people with quests so you don't have to look everywhere to find a quest.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I thik a much more advanced quest log is in order. I've posted about this before, but can't seem to find the post, so here goes:

The new quest log should have:
1) All worlds should be their own tabs
2) Each quest line should have a list for Story and Side quests, Crafting, Tasks, etc
3) When you finish a quest, it should place the quest at the bottom of the listing, in alphabetical order, so you can easily find finished quests
4) When you click on a quest, if you can do it (based off of requirements), it'll give you the quest arrow to find the person to start it. If you CAN'T do it, then it should give you the requirements so you know what you still need to do.

Things like that, that I've seen other MMORPGs do, would be VERY effective, and could EASILY address the "I skipped a quest and cant find it" posts. PLUS, if this WAS added, then we could decline a quest, but EASILY find it again

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Feb 16, 2013 wrote:
I think that there should be a quest finder arrow that points towards people with quests so you don't have to look everywhere to find a quest.
I understand your idea, but the above NPC's heads are already that much evident.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I like it, but it only points towards quests in that one area, is blue, and in a corner. Also, Ctrl+Y should disable it. (Next to Ctrl+T)

Like the quest arrow for actual questing, it would disappear if there are none.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
popcicool7777777 on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
I understand your idea, but the above NPC's heads are already that much evident.
agreed

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
popcicool7777777 on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
But the problem is finding them.

Administrator
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
But the problem is finding them.
They're marked on your map, young Wizard.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/august2012#map

New and ready to be completed quests will now show up on your Map. A yellow ring will indicate who you need to talk to on the Map.

Remember press M for Map when you're not in a duel!

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:

New and ready to be completed quests will now show up on your Map. A yellow ring will indicate who you need to talk to on the Map.

It doesn't work like that for me professor. Otherwise I would find the missing krokotopia quest on my life. (And no, it's not the deck shop.)

Instead, it shows me quests I have already accepted. That's all it does. Otherwise I don't know why he doesn't have the tomb raider badge, since no area's have a yellow circle.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:

Oh! Thanks Professor!

Administrator
Rony The Turtle on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:
It doesn't work like that for me professor. Otherwise I would find the missing krokotopia quest on my life. (And no, it's not the deck shop.)

Instead, it shows me quests I have already accepted. That's all it does. Otherwise I don't know why he doesn't have the tomb raider badge, since no area's have a yellow circle.
Young Wizard you are missing a few quests in Krokotopia. Visit http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Krokotopia_Quests to learn more about each of these quests.

Free at Last!
Gem Collector
Marleybone Calling
My Brother's Keeper
Ring in the New (added but not completed)

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Rony The Turtle on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:

I just tried it and the same problem is happening. I can't find my
krokotopia side quests and i checked all the areas. Could this be a bug? Thanks.