Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quality of life changes! Comment your suggestions.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
There's tons of small changes and adjustments that should be made to simply clean up the game a bit, make things easier and more enjoyable.
  • The cancelation of side quests. I think we've all been there where you click by too fast, and accidentally pick up a side ques you really didn't want too do.
  • Pet stitching/Mount stitching. There's pets out there that everyone goes for, but I always want to have a unique pet that not everyone sees, so then I'm stuck with a pet that's not as good, allowing pet stitching means you could use any pet and use any look. Same with the mounts. ( Obviously not all, such as multiple rider mounts )
  • Group questing. When players start up a group, and every player has the exact same quest, it only takes one person to do the actual quest ( this doesn't include any sort of sigil, if you need to go into a dungeon or boss fight, all players must be present) this will help when players fall behind, possibly lagging, or maybe they had to go do something really quick.
  • Name changing/Gender changing. You already have the ability to change the look of your character, why not add the option to change them entirely? I have character that are high level or max that I would love to change their name or gender.
  • More color options ( if possible ) and pink dye for boy characters.
  • More character creation options. Different hair styles, face shapes, possibly even height, body shapes, adding more to customizing your character. Even choosing a different starting outfit that away everyone doesn't look the exact same when starting. More character customization would be an amazing addition.
  • A trading system among friends. Obviously this would need some sort of limit to it, you don't want people who grinded out this game giving other wizards free stuff all the time ( or being bribed ) so add a system to it that'd keep that from happening. There's been many times when all I need is a few more of a reagent that my friend could easily give to me, but we don't want to risk bazaar selling.
  • A rework to the open chat system. I'm actually currently banned for a week over the word " Girlll " yep... 3 L's makes that a red word and I got banned for it. A vast majority of this games players are older, whether they're new or veterans. A change to the chat system would be more welcoming to new players when they're trying to talk to others. I've had a few friends stop playing simply because they were muted or banned over the chat system when they don't even say anything bad at all. This game isn't advertised very often anymore, I can't tell you the last time I've seen an ad for this game. Players hear about it from friends, or have already been playing for a decent time, please stop making the game almost entirely kid based, I think a chat system change would be a great step in the right direction.
  • If a new player does the tutorial fight, the Diego quest should be required. I've had new friends join the game from time to time, even seen youtube videos of people trying out the game, but understanding the games mechanics and systems when you only have 30 seconds to figure out what you're doing is a little much. Require the Diego quest so they can hopefully get a better grasp on the games mechanics.
  • If new players don't explore the basics of wizard city, people get lost and don't quite understand where everything is, a quest or system to improve on automatically showcasing this to players who've played the tutorial would be a great addition to help new players. ( I'm not sure if this exists already or not, believe it does? But it should be another required quest for tutorial playing players ) there should be many small tutorial that are required for a new player. A small introduction to a little bit of everything allowing them to get a better grasp on what this game offers.
  • Why do the hit all cards say different things? Some will say " to all " some will give a symbol of 3, showing you'd hit multiple targets and some show only 1 symbols, I feel like this could get confusing to some players, and I think all hit all cards should have the same wording or symbols.
  • This game isn't " Free to play " so why is it marketed that way? Sure you can hop on, sit in the commons, or you can quest, but you hit a paywall at firecat alley and cyclopse lane. Wizard city should be entirely free, allowing new players to really see how they feel about the game. The fact that you can get hit with a paywall an hour or 2 in is kind of ridiculous.
  • Speed on mounts. Adding more clarification to players on what that means, or even what it does. It's very odd that there's very few mounts that go faster than +40% I understand the simple system to it, but maybe having it shown or represented In a different way would be nice.
  • Possibly adding different standing animations. There's some wands I like but I don't like the way the players hold them, such as 2 handed wands. Allowing a player to possibly change the way they hold it would be a small but nice change.
  • Adding different idle animations as well as different ways your character stands there. Everyone stands the exact same way, does the exact same animation, adding a variety to this would be really cool too see.
This was all I could think of at the moment, please comment and suggestions you'd like to see added to you the game, or even comment/add to what I have suggested. Thank you!

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
I realized the bullet points 9, 10, and 12 are a little off topic. While thinking of changes I'd like to see in game I was talking to a friend who was wanting to start playing the game, so a lot if ideas for a new player started popping up in my head. Sorry about that!