Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Suggestion: Mega Pierce Aura

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
I used the backspace button and reset my typing so I will condense my thread.

I want to suggest an aura which I will call for the the "Mega Pierce Aura."

This aura will have varying amounts of pierce depending on the resistance of the enemy player. Any resist below 20 will have no penalty.

Table:
20-30% Resist: 10% pierce
31-40% Resist: 20% Pierce
41-60% Resist: 35% Pierce
61-70% Resist: 50% Pierce plus a 20% Boost to the attack
71 and up resist: ((R-10)%) Pierce plus a 30% Boost to the attack
R will be their resist.

So if its a 90% resist wizard then they get 80% pierced and the owner of the aura gets a 30% boost to say their gnome spell.

The pierce will NOT work on shields and only on the wizard him/herself's resistance. The aura should cost a few pips possibly, say 1 or 2.

The spell cannot be used outside of the PVP arena and will do nothing but look pretty when cast outside of the arena. (Or just may not appear like insane bolt TCs in PVP)

This is just a base idea and you can feel free to expand or suggest changes. I like this idea because it encourages a small 20-30% resist but discourages a huge (full immunity) resist to spells. Any medium resists will be treated as normal pierces would do, and the larger the resist the larger the penalty

As for putting the information on the cards? Well... Have Diego explain the Aura possibly?

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Dogempire on May 15, 2013 wrote:
I used the backspace button and reset my typing so I will condense my thread.

I want to suggest an aura which I will call for the the "Mega Pierce Aura."

This aura will have varying amounts of pierce depending on the resistance of the enemy player. Any resist below 20 will have no penalty.

Table:
20-30% Resist: 10% pierce
31-40% Resist: 20% Pierce
41-60% Resist: 35% Pierce
61-70% Resist: 50% Pierce plus a 20% Boost to the attack
71 and up resist: ((R-10)%) Pierce plus a 30% Boost to the attack
R will be their resist.

So if its a 90% resist wizard then they get 80% pierced and the owner of the aura gets a 30% boost to say their gnome spell.

The pierce will NOT work on shields and only on the wizard him/herself's resistance. The aura should cost a few pips possibly, say 1 or 2.

The spell cannot be used outside of the PVP arena and will do nothing but look pretty when cast outside of the arena. (Or just may not appear like insane bolt TCs in PVP)

This is just a base idea and you can feel free to expand or suggest changes. I like this idea because it encourages a small 20-30% resist but discourages a huge (full immunity) resist to spells. Any medium resists will be treated as normal pierces would do, and the larger the resist the larger the penalty

As for putting the information on the cards? Well... Have Diego explain the Aura possibly?
Sounds like you just want to punish the Jade players.

I find this suggestion slightly ridiculous, it is the same thing as saying:

Lets cast a fortify aura based on the enemies damage boost.

If the enemy has a 70%+ damage boost we should punish them and give the opponent an aura with 70% fortify and heal 500. Lets discourage high damage too.

Calamity PixieShade, level 90

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Calamity PixieShad... on May 15, 2013 wrote:
Sounds like you just want to punish the Jade players.

I find this suggestion slightly ridiculous, it is the same thing as saying:

Lets cast a fortify aura based on the enemies damage boost.

If the enemy has a 70%+ damage boost we should punish them and give the opponent an aura with 70% fortify and heal 500. Lets discourage high damage too.

Calamity PixieShade, level 90
True, but let me tell you.

If you have an opponent with 95% resist in PVP and 5000 health, how would you beat them?

Please enlighten me on how you could do this.