Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Player's view

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I have an idea, If we chooses to watch someone's Pvp match, the angle and perspective is never good. It's not good enough for the spectators to see the entire field. Here's an idea. When we click on Spectator Mode, we see what every player on that duel is seeing. Which means if you are watching your friend dueling, you see his hand and his mouse clicks including the timer. In this new spectator mode, you'll be able to see a couple of buttons to chose which player you want to follow on (to view at perspective)

You can change the player you want to see at all time.
In this way, we can see better and hear the sound effects and music. We can also get a better view of the spell animations. Which means we can then see the spells like if we are the one casting it or our opponent does instead of just seeing at the original position.

Pros:

-Match easier to see
-Sound effects easier to hear
-Music hearable
-Switch between players
-See the player's deck/hand (to learn new strategy or just for fun)

Cons:

-Friends might not be able to port to you
-Switching between character might cause lag

Rules:

There are rules to follow that will allow this experience to be fair and simple.

1.You can't chat (Or else if you are viewing opponent's hand, you can tell to your friend who's dueling him his hand)

2. ...and that's about it!

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
The Stormex on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
I have an idea, If we chooses to watch someone's Pvp match, the angle and perspective is never good. It's not good enough for the spectators to see the entire field. Here's an idea. When we click on Spectator Mode, we see what every player on that duel is seeing. Which means if you are watching your friend dueling, you see his hand and his mouse clicks including the timer. In this new spectator mode, you'll be able to see a couple of buttons to chose which player you want to follow on (to view at perspective)

You can change the player you want to see at all time.
In this way, we can see better and hear the sound effects and music. We can also get a better view of the spell animations. Which means we can then see the spells like if we are the one casting it or our opponent does instead of just seeing at the original position.

Pros:

-Match easier to see
-Sound effects easier to hear
-Music hearable
-Switch between players
-See the player's deck/hand (to learn new strategy or just for fun)

Cons:

-Friends might not be able to port to you
-Switching between character might cause lag

Rules:

There are rules to follow that will allow this experience to be fair and simple.

1.You can't chat (Or else if you are viewing opponent's hand, you can tell to your friend who's dueling him his hand)

2. ...and that's about it!
I LOVE how your post is set up. It is really nice and I enjoy reading it.

I think it would be a nice addition!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Maybe if they made it so you could walk around the dueling ring but just not get into the way.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I do like the idea of being able to watch PVP matches, but I think some players might not like the idea of having their hand of cards seen. I personally wouldn't mind it as it could be a way to learn from others on better ways to duel.