Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP damage to damage reduction seems way off

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
My storm hits for 1600 non-critical, no one has shields up or damage reduction bubbles on them. A player or two takes somewhere around 200 damage. I look at their character sheets and it says they have anywhere from 30 to 40% storm damage reduction. Now I would think if I did 1600 damage to everyone else I would be doing somewhere around 1000 to them, not a mesely 200. I see this type of damage reduction in 4v4 pvp from other school attacks as well. I would like to know how this is happening.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
seasnake wrote:
My storm hits for 1600 non-critical, no one has shields up or damage reduction bubbles on them. A player or two takes somewhere around 200 damage. I look at their character sheets and it says they have anywhere from 30 to 40% storm damage reduction. Now I would think if I did 1600 damage to everyone else I would be doing somewhere around 1000 to them, not a mesely 200. I see this type of damage reduction in 4v4 pvp from other school attacks as well. I would like to know how this is happening.

You could be looking at old stats of the character you are examining. This happens with lag or something in the changes of character gear and the visuals it is meant to portray.

A friend would say look at his/her gear. I do so and ask about it by naming something, they tell me that is not what they have on, they changed that. It is probably just lag and you are reading old recorded data in the visuals.
The player could be using gear with 70% storm resist.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
seasnake wrote:

You could be looking at old stats of the character you are examining. This happens with lag or something in the changes of character gear and the visuals it is meant to portray.

A friend would say look at his/her gear. I do so and ask about it by naming something, they tell me that is not what they have on, they changed that. It is probably just lag and you are reading old recorded data in the visuals.
The player could be using gear with 70% storm resist.

That sounds reasonable, but I and even my team has asked players who are taking such low damage what their resist against the school damage is and they are saying its not that great and is low. When I am seeing people take 200 where everyone else is taking 1600 and the person has resist in the 30's and when asked they say their resist isn't that high, I think its a programming error as I don't don't have the feeling that it is a hack.