Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP.... Clean Version!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Back in 2009 PVP, we didn't have critical hit ratings.
Back in 2009 PVP, we didn't have critical block ratings.
Back in 2009 PVP, we didn't have universal block, and powerful attack.
And much, much more.......

Most of us LOVED PVP in 2009, and there's no doubt about it. I personally don't have a problem with the new installments for wizards. Whether or not we loved the PvP system back then, there's nothing we can do to retrieve that great time..... or is there?

INTRODUCING THE CLEAN PVP!

With this expansion to the PvP era, nostalgic wizards will be (once again) able to combat with other wizards without critical rates, block rates, super powerful spells, and everything else. Also, you won't have to deal with spell spamming, and losing due to that critical hit from your opponent. It'll just be that same match you've always remembered having 3 years ago.

"OH NO! Does this mean no more modernized PvP?" NOT AT ALL! You'll have an option! Whether you want to brawl it out with critical rates and powerful gear, or just want to have a simple battle, Clean PvP is there for you.

This is still a rough idea, so any suggestion is a great suggestion.

Justin Titanwraith, Zafaria traveler

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I wasn't in Wizard101 in 2009, but the Description sounds great. But we still got some Problems with Clean Pvp!!!

You ask what that would be..?

Rude (You know, the Wizards who are like HAHA i won Noob) Players in Clean PVP!

If their is going to be Rude Players in Clean Pvp, might as well change the name to Rude Pvp. :/

That gives me a Idea.....

Lol, say, what about Critical and Block PVP, Rude PVP, and Clean PVP :? (Of Course i'm joking)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
So, there wouldn't be any spamming? That's what made pvp fun!

Just one thing that I should point out. The 2009 pvp had damage increases because the wizards were simply too defensive, and it also had stun-chains (Which everyone really hated). 2009 pvp was more fun because of the level cap, not because of the changes of our stats.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
jennyajtim wrote:

Most of us LOVED PVP in 2009, and there's no doubt about it. I personally don't have a problem with the new installments for wizards. Whether or not we loved the PvP system back then, there's nothing we can do to retrieve that great time..... or is there?

With this expansion to the PvP era, nostalgic wizards will be (once again) able to combat with other wizards without critical rates, block rates, super powerful spells, and everything else. Also, you won't have to deal with spell spamming, and losing due to that critical hit from your opponent. It'll just be that same match you've always remembered having 3 years ago.

"OH NO! Does this mean no more modernized PvP?" NOT AT ALL! You'll have an option! Whether you want to brawl it out with critical rates and powerful gear, or just want to have a simple battle, Clean PvP is there for you.

Yes, I agree. Back then PvP took skill. Now it requires more luck then skill.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
I completely agree with this. Also, in the clean version, you should not be able to mouse over the opponent's symbol to see what level they are. Because some people compete against weak people for amusement.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Explorer
May 10, 2009
jennyajtim wrote:

Nice idea, it would be cool to see another option for those who do not like being defeated by critical hits, which I certainly do not like!

See you in the Spiral,

Richard Ghostrider Level 70 Ice Wizard

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Wish it would happen but won't till enough people drop out of playing Ranked pvp. KI is unconcerned about practice because they do not get money out of it, but if enough quit ranked they will need to do something. I think they should add a third book to join in the arena and add this as an option with a different name.

PS.

Yes pvp is becoming a great deal about luck but it still has a great deal to do with strategy. If your strategy is a good one, you will win more battles regardless of how unlucky you are loosing to criticalsand so forth.

Blake NightWraith