Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Proposed Insane Bolt Change

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I propose the following changes to make insane bolt more enjoyable, fair, and playable both in the game (currently it isn't that playable in non arena play) and in the arena.

Proposed insane bolt .... 2 pips to cast, 50% casting percent, 20% failure chance, 1200 moon damage when works 600 moon damage to caster when it fails (storm still lacks health). In addition to the 20% failure rate, fizzles now counts as failures (this means the caster is in increased danger when it has targeting deductions in it such as smoke screen and when it is being dispelled so the spell is much more defendable against both in game and in the arena but a storm player can survive its backfire while adventuring).

At a 50% casting rate, my storm wizard with equipment and pet would have roughly an 80% casting rate on the card, targeting bubbles and targeting enhancements on the card could be used but still do not guarantee success against stuff such as smoke screen (50% targeting penalty is pretty large) and dispels.

These changes would make the card more playable and I think enjoyable without changing its purpose and use.

.............. the proposed 1200 and 600 damage amounts can be altered, but given that the increase of failure has gone up I think its reasonable but is open to discussion.