Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Private Fishing Retreat Revival

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I loved the PFR when it came out with the fishing bundle. It's such a peaceful, relaxing corner of the Spiral. However it's not very long-lived, because after you've caught the rainbow fish there's not a lot to do. It's not really like the other bundle housing items where you can keep coming back for daily rewards, it just kind of sits there with no real purpose anymore. So I had this idea to make it a little more interesting again.

I've always wanted to decorate my retreat, but obviously that hasn't happened. So why not have a set of predetermined items that you can place anywhere you want in the retreat? They could be statues, outdoor garden decorations, and landscaping. You could unlock customizations to change the basic features of the retreat (like putting in hedges and changing the color of flowers that grow in the hedges, changing the background music, etc.) and even more items by getting certain achievements in the game, maybe from defeating a certain number of enemies, special bosses or unlocking certain fishing achievements. I really hate the idea of just letting this feature fall by the wayside- I feel like there's so much more we could do with these retreats.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
So camahawk, we have now added where you can decorate your PFR, what will you add?

I'ma put a fishing retreat in my fishing retreat, in my fishing retreat, in another fishing retreat, that has a single white portal, that takes you to my dorm inside my LG whooper fish tank :D

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
camahawk on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
So camahawk, we have now added where you can decorate your PFR, what will you add?

I'ma put a fishing retreat in my fishing retreat, in my fishing retreat, in another fishing retreat, that has a single white portal, that takes you to my dorm inside my LG whooper fish tank :D
Well, that's just a rabbit hole isn't it?

However, Starblood653 also made the suggestion that instead of being like normal housing that there were just pre-determined options that you could scroll through. That might resolve the issue of your rabbit hole, supposing that it would be an issue. (They might just disable that item or it would take you back to the entrance of your fishing retreat, supposing this was implemented).

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
exp613 on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
Well, that's just a rabbit hole isn't it?

However, Starblood653 also made the suggestion that instead of being like normal housing that there were just pre-determined options that you could scroll through. That might resolve the issue of your rabbit hole, supposing that it would be an issue. (They might just disable that item or it would take you back to the entrance of your fishing retreat, supposing this was implemented).
just imagine playing hide and go seek with 20 PFR all going through one another... even worse... it splits.... 2 PFR in one.......