Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

porting alert

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
137
whenever someone tries to port to you and you have porting on you should get a message similar to the friending alert

ex:

Luke Thunderwielder (death symbol) level 70 wants to port to you. Do you accept?
Yes or No

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
45
Absolutely!! I couldn't agree more with this. I think they should ask your permission for everything, to be honest. They ask if you really want to sell things, and they should also do it with gardening. "Do you really want to cast the mist spell?" etc. etc. I think this is a great idea. I can't stand it when I'm visiting a friend and someone else ports in, unannounced. Same thing when someone is visiting me, and one of THEIR friends, ports in. They don't even apologize! They think it's their friend's house, unless of course it's the Sun Palace, Sultan's Palace, or Fantasy Palace. I think it's ridiculous. If they can do that, then why not say something like "Do you want to port to the MooShu Palace"? And then maybe someone will realize, hey, my friend doesn't have that house. But yeah, I think permission should be added, for porting. So then if someone is visiting me, and one of their friends wants to port, they can write and say 'Sorry, but I'm not at my house'. And then, get back to them when they're home, somewhere else, etc. Or, ask if it's okay for a friend to port in. Makes perfect sense. Thank you for putting this up. -Jesse :-)

Catherine RavenFlame-Level 63 Myth, James RavenFlame-Level 31 Ice, Jessica RavenFlame-Level 17 Life, Victoria RavenFlame-Level 13 Death

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
101
qwertyuiop749 wrote:
whenever someone tries to port to you and you have porting on you should get a message similar to the friending alert

ex:

Luke Thunderwielder (death symbol) level 70 wants to port to you. Do you accept?
Yes or No
what if the person is afk and they never answer to the message? what if the person who is porting needs to port cause its an emergency? what if the person who needed to port doesnt want to port anymore? i think that porting without a alert is better. if you dont want people to port then go to the book and close your porter.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
That would be cool. Plus it would solve all the "Celestia is over run by low levels!" and the "DragonSpyre is full of noobs!" and espicially the "Zafaria will never be the same!!!". Just add this in, and problem solved. If you don't want a low level there, you can prohibit them from coming.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
137
saadkhan123 wrote:
qwertyuiop749 wrote:
whenever someone tries to port to you and you have porting on you should get a message similar to the friending alert

ex:

Luke Thunderwielder (death symbol) level 70 wants to port to you. Do you accept?
Yes or No
what if the person is afk and they never answer to the message? what if the person who is porting needs to port cause its an emergency? what if the person who needed to port doesnt want to port anymore? i think that porting without a alert is better. if you dont want people to port then go to the book and close your porter.

i see your point but what if you want a someone to port to you but you dont wanna be bothered by someone else

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
qwertyuiop749 wrote:
whenever someone tries to port to you and you have porting on you should get a message similar to the friending alert

ex:

Luke Thunderwielder (death symbol) level 70 wants to port to you. Do you accept?
Yes or No

Excellent idea!
There are some of my friends who are welcome any time, others, not so much since they tend to hinder or just can't help much. And I don't want to turn off porting for everyone, so this is an awesome way around those issues. :)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
33
Yea but theres that weird glitch when i got my friend only thing on at my house people who arent my friends port! There should also be a thing that pops up saying ( the persons name ) would like to enter your home do you accept? yes or no. they should do this so people dont burst into your home at a time where your talking privately!

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
Very creative, but since turning off the porter Ki would disagree to this or other ideas sadly.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
3
I, for one, think this is much needed. But make it, so we can turn it on and off, like the dungeon warnings. Or allow us to choose which friends we want to port to us. There are times, when i want my port on, for certain friends, like when i am questing with them, but someone else always ports. Same as with the hide from friends option. I dont want to block all, because of just one or two random porters. It is the same as shutting your phone off, because someone keeps calling you. It blocks you from people you may want to talk to, because of one annoying caller. I have weeded out my friends list of the random porters, but still, one or two always pop in unannounced. And always, it seems at times that i would rather them have not. ie... a fight, almost done, and bam. new bad guy. Or, when i am with my irl friends, having personal conversations about irl stuff. They port in, and get an ear full of things, meant only between the irl friend and I.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
saadkhan123 wrote:
qwertyuiop749 wrote:
whenever someone tries to port to you and you have porting on you should get a message similar to the friending alert

ex:

Luke Thunderwielder (death symbol) level 70 wants to port to you. Do you accept?
Yes or No
what if the person is afk and they never answer to the message? what if the person who is porting needs to port cause its an emergency? what if the person who needed to port doesnt want to port anymore? i think that porting without a alert is better. if you dont want people to port then go to the book and close your porter.


It could be optional. In the spellbook there can be an option that says "Porting Alert (On/Off) It'd solve the problem of lower levels entering higher leveled worlds because their friends are there. I'd like it added because I don't want a whole bunch of people I don't know porting into my castle.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
137
flarzedrago9 wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
qwertyuiop749 wrote:
whenever someone tries to port to you and you have porting on you should get a message similar to the friending alert

ex:

Luke Thunderwielder (death symbol) level 70 wants to port to you. Do you accept?
Yes or No
what if the person is afk and they never answer to the message? what if the person who is porting needs to port cause its an emergency? what if the person who needed to port doesnt want to port anymore? i think that porting without a alert is better. if you dont want people to port then go to the book and close your porter.


It could be optional. In the spellbook there can be an option that says "Porting Alert (On/Off) It'd solve the problem of lower levels entering higher leveled worlds because their friends are there. I'd like it added because I don't want a whole bunch of people I don't know porting into my castle.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

lol i was JUST about to say that until i saw some posts saying there should be a button to turn it on and off

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
8
I completely agree with this. Sometimes when I am battling and i had just won a battle against some annoying elite monsters someone ports and i have o battle another. This would be great so i dont have that problem again. So sweet idea i hope they use it!