Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please weaken/ Debuff sacrifice :)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
3
I'm pretty sure the staff and Developers of Wizard101 never buff/nerf spells that are really strong, Like the Tower shield spell that should be only, Sacrifice for is what really bothers me the most though. You get to take a low amount of damage in order to heal YOU, or another being. I actually have a wizard, and it irritates me how other schools actually have spells that can be used on other people, or yourself. At one point when I was doing Mount Olympus, someone actually said Storm are better healers than life, and used healing current on me! The healing was insane, and my suggestion is to make Healing Current for yourself actually only! This is because was made to heal others Also, make the spell Heal 10, 100, 400, or 1000 instead of just 100, 400, and 1000. This gambling is really, really easy! I mean really! Death's Sacrifice spell actually allows you to heal yourself, but that takes away the name of the spell, and it's very op. Why? Because the spell allows Heal boost stats to make the healing part of sacrifice cover the damage, resulting in increased heal for your health snow globe! Sacrifice should only be used for others, and not yourself, since death is supposed to be about STEALING , not actually healing you, or buffing others (Unless it's dark pact). And why would the spell be called Sacrifice if you're actually taking damage, and healing for you? Please make sacrifice Not be able to be used on self, and I'd suggest tower being only because it's a tank spell, and a really, really nice zero pip shield! :)

Explorer
May 19, 2014
65
jerichosissy123 on Jun 13, 2015 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the staff and Developers of Wizard101 never buff/nerf spells that are really strong, Like the Tower shield spell that should be only, Sacrifice for is what really bothers me the most though. You get to take a low amount of damage in order to heal YOU, or another being. I actually have a wizard, and it irritates me how other schools actually have spells that can be used on other people, or yourself. At one point when I was doing Mount Olympus, someone actually said Storm are better healers than life, and used healing current on me! The healing was insane, and my suggestion is to make Healing Current for yourself actually only! This is because was made to heal others Also, make the spell Heal 10, 100, 400, or 1000 instead of just 100, 400, and 1000. This gambling is really, really easy! I mean really! Death's Sacrifice spell actually allows you to heal yourself, but that takes away the name of the spell, and it's very op. Why? Because the spell allows Heal boost stats to make the healing part of sacrifice cover the damage, resulting in increased heal for your health snow globe! Sacrifice should only be used for others, and not yourself, since death is supposed to be about STEALING , not actually healing you, or buffing others (Unless it's dark pact). And why would the spell be called Sacrifice if you're actually taking damage, and healing for you? Please make sacrifice Not be able to be used on self, and I'd suggest tower being only because it's a tank spell, and a really, really nice zero pip shield! :)
Tower Shield SHOULD NOT be Ice only or Balance PVP would be in crumbs.

Even if it wasn't PVP, Tower Shield is useful for balance mobs and is more useful than a ton of shields on yourself.

Sacrifice for Death? Why does it bother you, you dont even take any damage to heal "You"

You have spells that can be used on other people, Dryad,Satyr,Fairy,Regenerate and the list goes on. So why does it irk you that healing spells can be used on other people.

Now the Mount Olyumpus part. STORM are NOT better healers than life. Just check my list above -.-

Now now now... Saying you should only heal yourself with something because you don't belong to this school is like saying you can't use this if you don't belong to this. Therefore recuriting more life wizards.

Make Healing Current 10, 100, 400 or 1000? Hmm what's next. You're going to ask for a minor blessing to heal 9999999999999 only for life next? Getting 10 Health with Current isn't gonna help at all.

Now onto death's sacrifice.

I MEAN COME ON "ACTUALLY ALLOWS YOU TO HEAL SELF"

Over a 100 spells allow you to heal yourself. It does not take the name of the spell because it's a sacrifice if used on someone else. You're sacrificing your health for someone else's and even if you use it on yourself its still a sacrifice.

The spell is called sacrifice because you're sacrifcing some damage, the damage changes depending on your boost to death. You might be risking more then recieving.

"Tower being ice only and because it's a tank spell and a nice zero pip shield"

So if it's a nice zero pip shield then why would you want it available to just one school?

Oh and back to your "allows you to heal yourself"

Check out this page please.

-end

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
jerichosissy123 on Jun 13, 2015 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the staff and Developers of Wizard101 never buff/nerf spells that are really strong, Like the Tower shield spell that should be only, Sacrifice for is what really bothers me the most though. You get to take a low amount of damage in order to heal YOU, or another being. I actually have a wizard, and it irritates me how other schools actually have spells that can be used on other people, or yourself. At one point when I was doing Mount Olympus, someone actually said Storm are better healers than life, and used healing current on me! The healing was insane, and my suggestion is to make Healing Current for yourself actually only! This is because was made to heal others Also, make the spell Heal 10, 100, 400, or 1000 instead of just 100, 400, and 1000. This gambling is really, really easy! I mean really! Death's Sacrifice spell actually allows you to heal yourself, but that takes away the name of the spell, and it's very op. Why? Because the spell allows Heal boost stats to make the healing part of sacrifice cover the damage, resulting in increased heal for your health snow globe! Sacrifice should only be used for others, and not yourself, since death is supposed to be about STEALING , not actually healing you, or buffing others (Unless it's dark pact). And why would the spell be called Sacrifice if you're actually taking damage, and healing for you? Please make sacrifice Not be able to be used on self, and I'd suggest tower being only because it's a tank spell, and a really, really nice zero pip shield! :)
Tower shield should be Ice only, just wanted to say. As for the rest, storm shouldn't have a heal to use on another person I agree. But Sacrifice is a different case. Death is a swap, sacrifice, give to team school. It only makes sense for them to have a heal that takes away their lives. I do think however that instead of taking 2 hundred damage from self and healing 700, it should take 500 and heal 700. This would make more sense.

Now, I am a Death wizard who uses the sacrifice spells such as Dark Pack and Sacrifice often. This opinion has not been influenced by the fact that I am Death and use these spells. And, I'd be okay if Sacrifice became a no self heal, like only to others. Because what Death wizard uses heals on themselves anyway? We swap!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1035
So according to you every school but ice should just roll over and die against balance? That is what will occur without access to tower shield. Storm can never be as good a healer as life. Life has an amazingly reliable heal-a DoT heal and the only group heals in the game. Healing current is incredibly unreliable and was given to the lowest health school so it doesn't die quite so often. As for sacrifice that is a perfectly legitimate and well balanced spell that does not need a debuff. In conclusion I disagree with all of your points as posted above.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
Most of the arguments on this forum are "XXX school needs a heal" so this one comes as quite a surprise.
In my experience I've seen Death wizards use Sacrifice to burn off weaknesses more often than I've seen them use it for healing purposes. It's basically Dark Pact without the blade. I have a maxed Life wizard and personally I love it when team mates from other schools heal themselves. It leaves more opportunity for me to attack. I don't mind healing others and I'm always prepared to do that but it's only on rare occasions that I strictly heal. I like to contribute to the damage dealing as well.
As far as the Tower Shield issue goes, I disagree that it should be Ice only. Since Tower is one of the most effective methods of dealing with Balance attacks and one of the most recommended training strategies is "Ice to Tower", removing that option will render Balance defense relatively non-existent. First off, if the option of training to Tower is removed, how do you propose handling the thousands of wizards who have already done this? Remove it from their spell deck? That's hardly fair unless you propose returning all of the training points it took to get to that point... Frost Beetle, Snow Serpent, Volcanic Shield, Evil Snowman should also be removed from those decks and all 5 training points returned. You have to stop and consider the far reaching effects a drastic change like this would cause.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
So according to you every school but ice should just roll over and die against balance? That is what will occur without access to tower shield. Storm can never be as good a healer as life. Life has an amazingly reliable heal-a DoT heal and the only group heals in the game. Healing current is incredibly unreliable and was given to the lowest health school so it doesn't die quite so often. As for sacrifice that is a perfectly legitimate and well balanced spell that does not need a debuff. In conclusion I disagree with all of your points as posted above.
What he is saying is truth, Eric. He is saying that every school should learn how to fight for themselves, not use Ice's Tower Shield when their storm, and not use Death's feint when their balance. He is saying: keep the balance between the schools and have their wizards get some real skill for their own school. If you want Ice's tower shield, become an ice wizard! If this post was granted, it would re-balance everything. It would eliminate low lvl tc-using warlords unless they actually had some skill and it would make Ice special. If Tower Shield were made Ice only, i would count that as a boost because that's all they really need. The reason Ice needs a boost is because schools like Storm and Balance are stealing all its stuff! Ice is nothing because all its defining spells have been taken by other schools.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Valdus Spell on Jun 14, 2015 wrote:
Tower Shield SHOULD NOT be Ice only or Balance PVP would be in crumbs.

Even if it wasn't PVP, Tower Shield is useful for balance mobs and is more useful than a ton of shields on yourself.

Sacrifice for Death? Why does it bother you, you dont even take any damage to heal "You"

You have spells that can be used on other people, Dryad,Satyr,Fairy,Regenerate and the list goes on. So why does it irk you that healing spells can be used on other people.

Now the Mount Olyumpus part. STORM are NOT better healers than life. Just check my list above -.-

Now now now... Saying you should only heal yourself with something because you don't belong to this school is like saying you can't use this if you don't belong to this. Therefore recuriting more life wizards.

Make Healing Current 10, 100, 400 or 1000? Hmm what's next. You're going to ask for a minor blessing to heal 9999999999999 only for life next? Getting 10 Health with Current isn't gonna help at all.

Now onto death's sacrifice.

I MEAN COME ON "ACTUALLY ALLOWS YOU TO HEAL SELF"

Over a 100 spells allow you to heal yourself. It does not take the name of the spell because it's a sacrifice if used on someone else. You're sacrificing your health for someone else's and even if you use it on yourself its still a sacrifice.

The spell is called sacrifice because you're sacrifcing some damage, the damage changes depending on your boost to death. You might be risking more then recieving.

"Tower being ice only and because it's a tank spell and a nice zero pip shield"

So if it's a nice zero pip shield then why would you want it available to just one school?

Oh and back to your "allows you to heal yourself"

Check out this page please.

-end
Read my reply to Eric.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1035
Shadow 343 on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
What he is saying is truth, Eric. He is saying that every school should learn how to fight for themselves, not use Ice's Tower Shield when their storm, and not use Death's feint when their balance. He is saying: keep the balance between the schools and have their wizards get some real skill for their own school. If you want Ice's tower shield, become an ice wizard! If this post was granted, it would re-balance everything. It would eliminate low lvl tc-using warlords unless they actually had some skill and it would make Ice special. If Tower Shield were made Ice only, i would count that as a boost because that's all they really need. The reason Ice needs a boost is because schools like Storm and Balance are stealing all its stuff! Ice is nothing because all its defining spells have been taken by other schools.
In 1v1 PvP every wizard is effectively an island. They must be given the tools to fend for themselves. No school but ice and balance is given the tools to defend against balance for 0 pips whereas balance is given the tools to defend against every school for free. This would by default mean that balance would dominate the meta completely. That isn't balanced under any guise. There is a reason we are allowed to train secondary schools and that is to fill in gaps in our school's natural talents. Finally ice is plenty special with it's high defense high health and non-accessible cards such as Abominable Weaver.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
94
jerichosissy123 on Jun 13, 2015 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the staff and Developers of Wizard101 never buff/nerf spells that are really strong, Like the Tower shield spell that should be only, Sacrifice for is what really bothers me the most though. You get to take a low amount of damage in order to heal YOU, or another being. I actually have a wizard, and it irritates me how other schools actually have spells that can be used on other people, or yourself. At one point when I was doing Mount Olympus, someone actually said Storm are better healers than life, and used healing current on me! The healing was insane, and my suggestion is to make Healing Current for yourself actually only! This is because was made to heal others Also, make the spell Heal 10, 100, 400, or 1000 instead of just 100, 400, and 1000. This gambling is really, really easy! I mean really! Death's Sacrifice spell actually allows you to heal yourself, but that takes away the name of the spell, and it's very op. Why? Because the spell allows Heal boost stats to make the healing part of sacrifice cover the damage, resulting in increased heal for your health snow globe! Sacrifice should only be used for others, and not yourself, since death is supposed to be about STEALING , not actually healing you, or buffing others (Unless it's dark pact). And why would the spell be called Sacrifice if you're actually taking damage, and healing for you? Please make sacrifice Not be able to be used on self, and I'd suggest tower being only because it's a tank spell, and a really, really nice zero pip shield! :)
You are incorrect about Life's Specialty of healing others. It's actually healing more than one person at a time. Life heals way BETTER and MORE than any other school
Dakota Titanheart, Level 52 Diviner