Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please remove taunt spell from minions.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 07, 2009
Hello everyone!

I have made a terrible discovery today. The Enchanted Howler minion for death uses taunt. It really does nothing to help em in my time of need while fighting a boss. She also uses that almost every time she has 2 pips. Please remove this spell from all minions in the game.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
KI will not do that because of the storm minion. The storm minion doesn not attack only when it has low HP which is ghoul. The storm minion only defends and uses taunts so they will not do that.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Death has many minion types. Just find the one that suits your style and use that one. I usually use the 3 or 4 pip minion...though the higher the pip, the better.

>>> And when that foe throws an 800+ damage spell and the taunt targets it towards your minion it has done its job big time.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
I agree with you!
That is terrible!

- Miranda SilverRiver
Level 16
Ice Wizard

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Please dont remove taunt from the minions. I think it is just a wizard learning to use minions better. I use to hate my death minion but now I like them a lot better.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Hello :)

You know, I think people are missing one of the advantages a minion brings to the fight, and that is to take damage away from YOU. They take the damage to save you from getting hit. In that respect, taunt is a good thing. Maybe it's just my style of play, but I actually find taunt to be one of the most useful minion spells. I don't rely on my minion to do any real damage, and I don't really expect them to. I use them to take some damage for me and maybe throw a boost or shield on me before he dies.

Could be just me, but it seems like a really good use for them.

Cat

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
well, its nice to know that you learned some thing from it :)

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
CatSydsMom wrote:
Hello :)

You know, I think people are missing one of the advantages a minion brings to the fight, and that is to take damage away from YOU. They take the damage to save you from getting hit. In that respect, taunt is a good thing. Maybe it's just my style of play, but I actually find taunt to be one of the most useful minion spells. I don't rely on my minion to do any real damage, and I don't really expect them to. I use them to take some damage for me and maybe throw a boost or shield on me before he dies.

Could be just me, but it seems like a really good use for them.

Cat

Same here. I love my Storm Minion and his taunts. He keeps the boss busy and focused on him and away from me. This gives me time to up my pip count for the really big spells that will do some quick heavy damage. It is such a useful advantage, that I generally have no trouble taking on big bosses the first try.

It is, however, horrible for PvP since the taunts do nothing to the other player.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
Basically this is a matter of learning what your minion can do.

I have a Grandmaster Death wizard and I have used my Minion on many boss fights prior to the scarecrow. I will admit I got annoyed at the one death minion that used to come out and do nothing but taunt however it helped out a lot in some battles. I don't use my minion much now with Scarecrow but for some fights it's good to load up. Jotun in Ravenscar good to have and when soloing parts of the Great Spyre good to have as well. The biggest problem is finding the right minion since ours is all random. I love Death Incarnate though and the Scarecrow minion isn't bad to have as well.

My son has a Grandmaster Myth and he keeps two cyclop minions and one Mr. Taunt minion as he calls the minotaur minion in his deck. Mr. Taunt has saved him many times. But some fights he likes a minion that attacks and pulls out the cyclops minion.

Most worthless minion: Life. Low health and great to have because it does help heal but it's only attack is the imp and seventy percent of the time it heals itself. But if it does use Satyr or Unicorn to heal it will usually pull hate for the next round and die with one hit.

Ice minion is pretty cool in that it attacks but it has very low health and doesn't protect itself.

Storm minions just do the same thing as the minotaur minion. Taunt and protect themselves.

Balance minion is good because it not only will give you blades but shields and attacks with two and three pip spells. I haven't seen him heal but wouldn't be surprised if he could. Probably the most useful minion in the game.

I've seen the fire minion but not sure what it does. I usually see it when I'm helping a fire wizard out and I kill the mob before it can cast a spell usually. I guess it uses fire elf and such though.

That's just my two cents on minions. By the way if you are not myth but want the cards you can get the minion buff cards from Krokotopia from one of the sky merchants.

Talon Deathweaver, Grandmaster Death Wizard.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I dont think those minion buff cards work on non-myth minions because I was trying to use them to buff another players mander minion and it was not letting me do it and I did not even have my Cyclops minion out.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2008
I think Taunt makes the enemy hits the user instead of other people :D, and Subdue makes the enemy hit someone else besides the user. I think Taunt shouldn't be removed. :D

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
firefly i agree withyou taunt pretty much distracts the enemies perfect for when you have low life

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
um no, they wont remove it, cause a the storm minion uses it mainly to get the enemy not to target their master cause of storms having very low health, and you dont have to use a minion FYI. and would you rather let your minion take the hits while you charge to do major damage? that is what i do, its very effective. besides death has 14 different minions, just use the one that you like

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I'd like to add that they've improved the taunt spell. It now only costs 2 pips and taunts all enemies instead of just one. My brother used storm minion here recently while fighting a boss, and the baddies did not once come after his wizard while the storm minion was using taunt. Now that they've improved taunt, I'd really like the minions that currently use it to keep using it because taunt is actually useful now.