Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please make traps group only!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011

I really like W101 and it is a great game overall, but the whole aspect of people just being able to jump in my battle and use my traps is ludicrous. The worst offenders jump in the battle and do nothing for several rounds until you cast feint and then when they finally do something they use a wand attack and consume your trap. In my opinion this is an aspect of griefing whether they do it on purpose or not it messes with my game play and my gaming experience and I do not like it.

I think this would be better for everyone. It would also give people more of a reason to group up and work as a team.

Also, for the people who like to solo they would not be hindered or bothered really in any way. Yes people could still join their battle, but they would be using only their own traps, which is the way it should be anyway unless chosen by everyone involved.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
One part you are forgetting is the teamwork aspect of it. Some groups rely on traps from others to make hard damage (Balance is big in this department). Example one ice wizard can lay out traps for another ice wizard, but instead of using their pips for an attack they are healing themselves as the tank. The other wizard is attacking with saved up pips and doing more damage with those traps.

Take that away and the only way to group is to divide and conquer (you take your enemy and I'll take mine).

Survivor
Jan 24, 2011
I totally agree!! It really annoys me when I use an Ice Trap, and while I'm saving up Pips for a really awesome attack, some other wizard jumps in and uses some wimpy attack, thinking it doesn't matter! It bugs me so much!

Historian
May 01, 2010
if you have that much of a problem then why even set traps?its a good idea though, what would happen if you dont care if people use up your traps? then you will have to group with every person in the battle.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I have used up someone feint accidently on a wand card but I am much more obeservant now and I play all the time. I agree with you .

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Maybe a compromise is that you actually have to be in a group with someone to use their traps??? That would encourage more "real" grouping than the random wizard jumping into an open fight.