Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please make Spirit Blast trainable?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
I know, this is a topic discussed before, but it's a real pain for Balance wizards to not have a reliable Spirit spell other than Chimera (Gaze does not count since its damage type can be anything). Trying to wait for the pips to cast Chimera can be pretty brutal, especially alone.

The only advantage would be against Balance foes - which isn't a bad thing considering Balance wizards to not get prisms like everyone else. It might be helpful against Death, Life, and Storm but probably no more than Spectral Blast is helpful against Fire, Ice, and Myth.

I know we can train in other school spells, but it's never as effective. It'd be nice to have a spirit spell Balance wizards could use quickly against an opponent and not be pummeled waiting for pips.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Or if not trainable, at least Treasures made (if there isn't any that exists yet) available.

But, the spell can be no PvP if there is concern of it bringing more of an unbalance (no pun intended) to PvP.

Explorer
May 20, 2012
I have always wondered myself why spirit blast hasn't been a learned balance spell. There are elemental blast and hydra so spirit blast and chimera. Needs to be a trained spell.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
Star Edward on Jan 12, 2018 wrote:
Or if not trainable, at least Treasures made (if there isn't any that exists yet) available.

But, the spell can be no PvP if there is concern of it bringing more of an unbalance (no pun intended) to PvP.

I honesty don't see how it can be unbalanced in PvP. It really doesn't do that much damage relative to other spells. Like I mentioned, the only really good benefit would be against Balance enemies all of whom are weak to Spirit Spells for whatever reasons. And even that's not asking too much, I don't think, since Balance doesn't get a prism like everyone else does.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Indagare on Jan 13, 2018 wrote:
I honesty don't see how it can be unbalanced in PvP. It really doesn't do that much damage relative to other spells. Like I mentioned, the only really good benefit would be against Balance enemies all of whom are weak to Spirit Spells for whatever reasons. And even that's not asking too much, I don't think, since Balance doesn't get a prism like everyone else does.
You also forgot to mention balance don't have set shields either

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
My main wizard is a balance and I am always having trouble getting through boss battles.

When your wizard gets to certain levels, quests are given for spells or school-only pets. Most of the quests involve fighting a boss that is your school by yourself (unless you purchase minions through the Crown Store). Since they have a high resist to balance, really your only options are Spectral Blast, Hydra, Chimera, Nested Fury, or your secondary school. The problem is, balance bosses can equip Elemental Shields and Spirit Shields which make almost all school spells practically useless.