Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Players dropping from dungeons.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 24, 2015
This is a topic I see frequently on the forum. When you finally get that last member on your team, everyone pops in, then one of them simply vanishes without a word. Back out again for another run!

I've thought this over a bit, and it occurs to me that those leaving the group probably are doing so for just a couple of reasons.

1. The person wanted to go in with a friend.
2. The person doesn't see a school they consider vital for winning the dungeon.

Both of these can be addressed by changing the Team Up button to show schools and names of those waiting to start, the same way the waiting screen does (where you can cancel). Alternately, maybe instead of starting immediately, that same status screen can pop up for all players once the group is full and give them a 5 second countdown to cancel. Canceling at this stage would just return the remaining players to the waiting screen.

In addition, it'd be very nice for a group starting a team to simply add in all players from the group, or else return an error that the team doesn't have enough room. Filling up a team with a single member of a two+ person group (and ditching others in the group) is not desirable. The assumption should always be that the group wants to adventure together.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Doesn't the teamup already show schools of those who are going?

I click on the "waiting" window up at the top of the screen. It shows you a school symbol and first name of each person until the last one joins, when it takes everyone to the battle.

When I have an issue is when people bail at a crucial moment, like halfway through or at last battle of a long, rough dungeon.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
SparkleTude on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
Doesn't the teamup already show schools of those who are going?

I click on the "waiting" window up at the top of the screen. It shows you a school symbol and first name of each person until the last one joins, when it takes everyone to the battle.

When I have an issue is when people bail at a crucial moment, like halfway through or at last battle of a long, rough dungeon.
To clarify, the waiting screen shows these, but the dungeon instantly starts as soon as four players are in. This means that the last player to join using the Team Up button immediately starts the instance without seeing the players or their schools. The Kiosk is better because you can already see school and number of players before deciding to join.

Neither option allows players with a 2- or 3- person group to have the entire group Team Up.

Bailing at a critical moment is certainly an issue, but I see no way to address it in the game.