Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Planet Astral Magic

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Sun: Enchanting
Moon: Polymorph
Star: Aura
Planet: Global

You have already dabbed into the acts o Planet magic and you never really realized, Planet magic brings out your powers to terraform the battle.... just as your star spells boosts you, Planet magic boosts the entire fight.. and now with new Planet spells

Warzone: +10 attack and +30 critical
Ironclad: +20resistance
Clockdown: every turn everyone takes 100 damage
Tournament player: every turn +10 (pierce)
Forever Aura: as long as it up, auras will not end, unless changed or super nova, or other aura destroying cards are used
Instant damage: DoT are used instantly (practically detonate)
Card Respawn: only 1 turn effect global spell, besides removing the previous global, it also reshuffles everyone's decks
Grand Catacombs +25attack
Darken Void +30attack +50critical +15pip chance

Just remember young wizards, even though theses spells will change the way you fight though the spiral, you aren't the only one affected, oh my these aren't auras, so watch out. ~Ambrose

any ideas? inputs? i'm just wondered why we have Global, but it's not in the astral spells....

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I used to love the idea of a fourth Astral school of Planet or something akin to it; but it just wouldn't fit with the game's current lore. (Using the Magic Triangle) Celestians mixed , , & to create . Then , , & to make . And , , & to make . Three triads to make another triad, but where would this fourth one fit? So with it not fitting on the Magic Triangle, we still have a much more valid lore problem, which is: it'd be an arc and a bit late. , , & were lovely additions in Celestia, because that's where they were made. Then in Zafaria, 'the Umbra Queen pulled down magic from the sun and stars', to create the obelisks and magic we find there. In Azteca it is told only that 'Long ago, the wisest mystics of Azteca divined the secrets of Astral magic. They placed the teachings into the Obelisks.', vague, but this certainly shows that there were only , , & magics to be found. Now in the Arcanum we have a Celestian teacher for Astral magic; but not once in all the 2nd or current 3rd arcs have we seen or heard of a fourth Astral magic.

But I like the base idea of a school that deals with the stats of their allies and enemies, maybe the mysterious caged Arcanum door could have something similar behind it?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Blaze, Your recipes for the schools are not entirely accurate. I know that according to "The Magic Triangle" it would appear that way, but could easily be argued that it is comprised of ,&. Which to me makes more sense and is proof by Solar Blade (and Trap). (=++) I think is generally accepted.) Whereas Star is more related to . I personally believe that the magic Triangle that you are referring too is actually a series of triangles and squares that may or may not be related to each other. Also Sun and Star are supposed to be related to each other (both are stars after all) so it could be any combination of schools. I'm also of the theory that you could theoretically combine any sort of magic with any other. (Example, Sleet Storm is Ice's Aura or Polymorph Cat Bandit.)

Which bring me to my next point which is that not everything needs to come in 3's. In magic 3 is a very powerful number, but perhaps more powerful is 7. Very simply put 3+4=7. 1+3=4 (Grandfather Spider + 3 Children?)+Grandfather Tree+Grandmother Raven +The Auroracle=7! Not everything is seven either, but it is a good number too. There is also a square already in The Magic Triangle in it's current form (Shadow is represented as a shadowy box (Icon's being in each of the four corners about Shadow Magic) Also Circles are important too (each school is represented by a circle). Sorry for my rambling basically I don't think that it all has to be triangles.

As far as actual "Planet Magic" it already exists in game and has for a very long time. They are called Global Spells. Which are related to Star magic (planets orbit around a star?) It's also interesting to realize that the 7 schools or magic typically can all happen on terrestrial bodies aka not a Star so they are kind of already representing Planet Magic, but you must admit that Planetary Magic doesn't quite have the same ring to it as say Solar or Lunar or Stellar. I still think we will see a new school, yet though....

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
exp613 on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
Blaze, Your recipes for the schools are not entirely accurate. I know that according to "The Magic Triangle" it would appear that way, but could easily be argued that it is comprised of ,&. Which to me makes more sense and is proof by Solar Blade (and Trap). (=++) I think is generally accepted.) Whereas Star is more related to . I personally believe that the magic Triangle that you are referring too is actually a series of triangles and squares that may or may not be related to each other. Also Sun and Star are supposed to be related to each other (both are stars after all) so it could be any combination of schools. I'm also of the theory that you could theoretically combine any sort of magic with any other. (Example, Sleet Storm is Ice's Aura or Polymorph Cat Bandit.)

Which bring me to my next point which is that not everything needs to come in 3's. In magic 3 is a very powerful number, but perhaps more powerful is 7. Very simply put 3+4=7. 1+3=4 (Grandfather Spider + 3 Children?)+Grandfather Tree+Grandmother Raven +The Auroracle=7! Not everything is seven either, but it is a good number too. There is also a square already in The Magic Triangle in it's current form (Shadow is represented as a shadowy box (Icon's being in each of the four corners about Shadow Magic) Also Circles are important too (each school is represented by a circle). Sorry for my rambling basically I don't think that it all has to be triangles.

As far as actual "Planet Magic" it already exists in game and has for a very long time. They are called Global Spells. Which are related to Star magic (planets orbit around a star?) It's also interesting to realize that the 7 schools or magic typically can all happen on terrestrial bodies aka not a Star so they are kind of already representing Planet Magic, but you must admit that Planetary Magic doesn't quite have the same ring to it as say Solar or Lunar or Stellar. I still think we will see a new school, yet though....
While the game seems to contrast itself quite a bit about the Astral schools, I did say in my post that I was using the Triangle of Magic for the recipes, so I guess it's not exactly me at fault. Also, KI designed the triangle and (I assume) thought of it when designing the Astrals, , and whatever else there is to come, so I don't think the placements of the magics along it don't mean anything/relate to each other. Also, I agree that the Astrals can buff/emulate specific other schools, but so can the other schools. Like Healing Current is 's heal when healing is 's focus.

While I agree, 7 is a very potent number in magic, and personally my favourite number, which is likely why there's 7 schools of magic at the start of the game. But as we progress in the game we see 3 growing more and more important. 3 Elemental/primary schools, 3 Spirit/secondary schools, 3 Astral/tertiary schools, 3 Grandparents (Tree/Raven/Spider), 3 Children of Tree (Dragon/Giant/Triton), 3 Children of Spider (Bat/Rat/Scorpion), 3 Mooshu themes (Body/Mind/Spirit), etc. And if you count Spider's children to make 7, then you also have to include Tree's children, and Raven's, and perhaps even the Auroracle's. Personally I feel as though the Auroracle has a lot more to them and I'm not sure if we can count them with the existing trio. But I like the good/bad/neutral feel Tree, Raven & Spider have at various points. With Bartleby neutral while Raven and Spider fought during the FirstWorld; then Raven neutral now during the 3rd arc. I look forward to the possibility of a Tree/Raven conflict in future. Also, the main reason is around the rest, is because it comes from Spider rather than Tree, if other Spider magics are implemented I think another triangle may be of order. Also, circles are important, but all or nothing are harder to show than 3 or 7.

And, the author also mentions how we've dabbled in Planet magic before with Globals, but I agree about the ring to it.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
While the game seems to contrast itself quite a bit about the Astral schools, I did say in my post that I was using the Triangle of Magic for the recipes, so I guess it's not exactly me at fault. Also, KI designed the triangle and (I assume) thought of it when designing the Astrals, , and whatever else there is to come, so I don't think the placements of the magics along it don't mean anything/relate to each other. Also, I agree that the Astrals can buff/emulate specific other schools, but so can the other schools. Like Healing Current is 's heal when healing is 's focus.

While I agree, 7 is a very potent number in magic, and personally my favourite number, which is likely why there's 7 schools of magic at the start of the game. But as we progress in the game we see 3 growing more and more important. 3 Elemental/primary schools, 3 Spirit/secondary schools, 3 Astral/tertiary schools, 3 Grandparents (Tree/Raven/Spider), 3 Children of Tree (Dragon/Giant/Triton), 3 Children of Spider (Bat/Rat/Scorpion), 3 Mooshu themes (Body/Mind/Spirit), etc. And if you count Spider's children to make 7, then you also have to include Tree's children, and Raven's, and perhaps even the Auroracle's. Personally I feel as though the Auroracle has a lot more to them and I'm not sure if we can count them with the existing trio. But I like the good/bad/neutral feel Tree, Raven & Spider have at various points. With Bartleby neutral while Raven and Spider fought during the FirstWorld; then Raven neutral now during the 3rd arc. I look forward to the possibility of a Tree/Raven conflict in future. Also, the main reason is around the rest, is because it comes from Spider rather than Tree, if other Spider magics are implemented I think another triangle may be of order. Also, circles are important, but all or nothing are harder to show than 3 or 7.

And, the author also mentions how we've dabbled in Planet magic before with Globals, but I agree about the ring to it.
Your right, the Triangle is misleading in some ways. Also, I still think 4 is important, just perhaps not as important. For example, I'd say it's more important than 9, but that's just me. (Which is also weird to think about That 4 is Cosmic.) Mooshu's Spirit Body and Mind are synonymous with or at least those three schools draw their energy from those sources respectively. I agree that the Auroracle may not be part of the "Grandparent paradigm" she could be, but perhaps she is part of a different Triangle? (You are right they do like triangles at KI). I don't know if we will see a Tree-Raven conflict, it's possible but I think the Raven-Spider one is more inevitable/probable. Also Good point that the Titans would be similar to Bat Scorpian and Rat. Are they Titans then? My guess is not, but they'd probably be similar in some ways to Titans though.

By the way who are Grandmother Raven's children? I mean I know it mentions that the Ravens are and we could speculate that the Immortals are, but in someway's wouldn't we be her child? She's been with us for our entire journey in the spiral as the narrator. Also that would be awesome because 3 Titans + 3 Children of Shadow +1 Wizard from Raven = 7! Ahhhh!!!! (Basically you can add a lot of numbers together to make seven, or three or whatever number you want.)

Camahawk:

Isn't this Planet Magic just new global spells though? The ones you described in your original post seem to be just beefed up versions of spells. (I will admit that the Detonate one sounds cool as detonate as is is never ever used it seems.)

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
exp613 on Oct 25, 2016 wrote:
Your right, the Triangle is misleading in some ways. Also, I still think 4 is important, just perhaps not as important. For example, I'd say it's more important than 9, but that's just me. (Which is also weird to think about That 4 is Cosmic.) Mooshu's Spirit Body and Mind are synonymous with or at least those three schools draw their energy from those sources respectively. I agree that the Auroracle may not be part of the "Grandparent paradigm" she could be, but perhaps she is part of a different Triangle? (You are right they do like triangles at KI). I don't know if we will see a Tree-Raven conflict, it's possible but I think the Raven-Spider one is more inevitable/probable. Also Good point that the Titans would be similar to Bat Scorpian and Rat. Are they Titans then? My guess is not, but they'd probably be similar in some ways to Titans though.

By the way who are Grandmother Raven's children? I mean I know it mentions that the Ravens are and we could speculate that the Immortals are, but in someway's wouldn't we be her child? She's been with us for our entire journey in the spiral as the narrator. Also that would be awesome because 3 Titans + 3 Children of Shadow +1 Wizard from Raven = 7! Ahhhh!!!! (Basically you can add a lot of numbers together to make seven, or three or whatever number you want.)

Camahawk:

Isn't this Planet Magic just new global spells though? The ones you described in your original post seem to be just beefed up versions of spells. (I will admit that the Detonate one sounds cool as detonate as is is never ever used it seems.)
Mooshu's Body is represented by Water (Water Dojo for the test of Body), and Mind is represented as Rock (Rock Dojo for test of Mind), and I personally think Spirit is shown by Wind/Air but I'm not sure if it's canon or not. So not synonymous with the Spirit schools persay. Also, a second pre-Spiral triangle would probably make a rather complicated plot even more confusing. Tree, Raven & Spider were all made by 'the creator', but I think the Auroracle is the first 'creation' as it were. Almost in a 'let there be light' way, with the creator first and foremost creating light, in the form of the Auroracle. Then, like light can be pure or fractured, the Auroracle is very mystic and can be seen as multiple beings in one form. After the Auroracle, the creator made the FirstWorld and the first 3 Grandparents to fill it. So not another triangle, but as a separate entity/entities. Also, I very much think that Bat, Rat, & Scorpion are Titans of Spider magics. The Bat is the most likely contender for , despite all of them having this obvious potential. Then the Scorpion is mentioned to be an adept Alchemist. And I'm sure that the Rat's magic is something to do with Earth/Creation (the Borealis Golem) or Tricks (how he infiltrates Polaris and controls people), but of course this isn't canon.

As for Raven's children, I think the Norns. In the way that Spider stays close to his children, the Norns were right beside Raven, and Raven could create eyes of the past and future for Tree; and one Norn can tell the past while another knows the future. I think the reason she's called Grandmother Raven is because she's the Grandmother of all Ravens. After all: the Norns wove every life in Grizzleheim initially on their loom of fate. Also, Mellori means 'little raven', so maybe we already know a fourth child of Raven? But it's said we come from a land that doesn't believe in magic, so I think we're a mortal human from Earth with no really important heritage.

And yes, it seems so.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
exp613 on Oct 25, 2016 wrote:

Camahawk:

pretty much, global is planet.... i just felt it should be separated as it own list

charm, ward, linger (dot)

enchant, aura,polymorph,global

all 7 things that effects the battle

also, numberology.. good thing to look up.... 4: means creation in worlds... which being a 4th astral wouldnt be to farfetch.... and other numberology... 7 is completion... and 8 is a rebirth... where you can say Polaris having brand new schools.... shadow is 1st (8th), and 6 more to come... little thought on it

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
How did you get your text to be lined through? That is cool.

I know we are from "Earth" but that doesn't mean that Raven isn't linked to us in some way. Mellori is supposed to be the daughter of Baba Yaga, but I think she looks more like Belladona Crisp. Maybe Mellori is a reincarnation of Raven? (Or mayber Mellori's parents just like Raven?) Hmm, I don't know if the Norn are really on the same level as the Titans or Spider's Children, but possibly? Yes, she is the Grandmother of Raven's, but that must she must be mother of some too I guess? Mellori may be hiding more than she let's on about then.

Camahawk.

That is interesting about 4 being associated with Worlds/Creation. That would fit in perfectly with Planet Magic then!
Aren't global and aura essentially the same though just wider area of affect? (We'll have to think of another effect of battle to reach seven. (Shadow?) )

I also wonder if our categorization of magics into schools isn't necessarily like the law as more our perception? For example Water plays an important part in Storm and Ice and really Life too. You'd think it would be a school of it's own. My though is that the seven schools at Ravenwood are really more like Majors or Specializations and Magic itself it perhaps more general. I don't know, just a thought.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
That's basically already in as field spells. Why would you want everyone to have extra damage when you could make it only for your class? O do think there should be more universal field spells though.