Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pip Max Increase

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2018
So as a long time player (used to play back in 2008-09, just recently got back in) I never quite understood why the max amount of Pips you could possess was 7, 14 if all are power pips. So what i'm suggesting is why not increase it to 10, 20 if all are power pips, making the pips create a half circle in front of the player fully.

The reason I suggest this is because it allows more versatility in what spells you can use, allows Devs to come up with spells that are above 9 pip costs that aren't unusable due to amount of pips, allows Devs even more work room for stronger spells (I dread to see a 20 pip spell one day), and can increase the overall difficulty of new/later worlds without making them overly strong.

If there is another thread about this topic, then I apologize, as I'm on a time limit so didn't have time to search and see if there is.

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
I think if they were going to do that they would have, hence why they introduced Shadow Pips as a more difficult alternative because you need the right combination.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2018
Well the thing with Shadow Pips is that they're used for Shadow Magic, not regular spells. The idea behind a higher pip maximum lends credence to more spells with a higher range of pip requirement and even stronger spells later game, instead of adding new magic schools like shadow, Sun, Moon, Ect, it allows devs to create even more spells at different pip costs.

And I think the main reason that they haven't increased the Pip Maximum is most likely due to the current maximum working for all these years, and like they say, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." But the oncoming problem I can see arriving in the future is that later worlds that they release will, naturally, be harder with stronger enemies, and eventually schools will have reached their pip maximum in spells (AKA 14 pip cost spells) and then at that point they'll have to decide to

A. Raise the Cap
B. Add another new pip mechanic (like Shadow Pips)
C. Re-use different pip costs