Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Piercing critical and block stats spell idea

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2012
I thought of a astral spell idea, similar to weakness but it reduces critical and block rating, instead of damage.

Astral burst: reduces critical and block 35-, 2 pips, 90 accuracy

Star school...

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
How could that be an aura? Sounds like it would be better as a bubble. Though interesting thought.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Unless you are prepared to have something like this used against you in PvE or even PvP, you might want to rethink that.

Eventually, almost every spell we learn as wizards, will also be used against us by mobs and bosses.

I disagree with this.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Snowyandspots wrote:
How could that be an aura? Sounds like it would be better as a bubble. Though interesting thought.
I said its like an astral weakness spell. A field spell would be chaotic and would get many complaints.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
goldendragon18 wrote:
Unless you are prepared to have something like this used against you in PvE or even PvP, you might want to rethink that.

Eventually, almost every spell we learn as wizards, will also be used against us by mobs and bosses.

I disagree with this.
You disagree with this because you would have trouble with it if mobs learned it?. Shouldn't this be a challenge for you?, oh wait nvm this game is suppose to be fun and easy as it was designed to be.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
conno365 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:

I disagree with this.
You disagree with this because you would have trouble with it if mobs learned it?. Shouldn't this be a challenge for you?, oh wait nvm this game is suppose to be fun and easy as it was designed to be.

Have you not noticed that the mobs and bosses are a challenge for many players now? What you propose would just make the game that much more difficult for some players and if that happens, there are going to be more rant topics, or a lot of players quitting.

You also have to remember that MANY of these players are YOUNG KIDS.

And yes, the game is supposed to be fun, NOT WORK or a second job for others to which in some aspects of the game it has already become. There are many players that no longer quest past DS or WT. Why? Because it has become a second job to them. Some, including myself, lost friends in the game after CL came out because it was a second job. It was no longer fun and relaxing to come home from work and have some FUN, MAGIC, and ADVENTURE.

Having some OPTIONAL dungeons for those hardcore players is fine and most of us don't have a problem with that, but not to make the Main Storyline to a point that players are getting discouraged and quitting.

If you want to place your Idea in an Optional dungeon, then by all means go for it. But leave the Main Storyline alone.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
goldendragon18 wrote:
conno365 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:

I disagree with this.

Have you not noticed that the mobs and bosses are a challenge for many players now? What you propose would just make the game that much more difficult for some players and if that happens, there are going to be more rant topics, or a lot of players quitting.

You also have to remember that MANY of these players are YOUNG KIDS.

And yes, the game is supposed to be fun, NOT WORK or a second job for others to which in some aspects of the game it has already become. There are many players that no longer quest past DS or WT. Why? Because it has become a second job to them. Some, including myself, lost friends in the game after CL came out because it was a second job. It was no longer fun and relaxing to come home from work and have some FUN, MAGIC, and ADVENTURE.

Having some OPTIONAL dungeons for those hardcore players is fine and most of us don't have a problem with that, but not to make the Main Storyline to a point that players are getting discouraged and quitting.

If you want to place your Idea in an Optional dungeon, then by all means go for it. But leave the Main Storyline alone.
No thanks, this game is suppose to get harder and harder the magic and ravenwood stuff was all just the beginning and basically a wizard101 version of home. Usually in adventure books or shows, a hero starts with soft stuff and once he leaves his home/comfort place, he starts adapting to harder stuff and breaks out of his shell. Remember this game is rated 10+ which means it can appeal to older people as well, you can choose not to do any of this and just sit back and talk to your friends. While others can experience a challenging adventure.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
In Avalon, almost every boss has a very high critical block, making a player's critical rating nearly worthless. Even some of the MOBs block most critical hits. Something that would lower an enemy's block rating even for one or two rounds would be great.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life