Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets should be able to hatch with themselves

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
You should be able to hatch a pet with itself to scramble its talents. All of my school pets ended up having lousy talents that I have problems even getting others to want to try and hatch with them, and all of the hatches I do attempt always fail and quite often with the same lame talents always showing up as they are dominant.

I would like to hatch my pets with themselves in order to get a pet with non lame talents on them from the potential talents they already have upon them. Say I want to mix a kraken with itself, I would choose kraken and then I would choose hatch with self on the other side which would result in a new kraken with a new random mix of talents that are on it. That way even if I can't get the talent or talents I want at least I would be able to make a pet that others would likely want to mix with in order to have a good shot at those talents. I feel sorry for those who spent a lot of real money on a pet that turns out to have lousy talents, everyone should be able to remix their talents through self-hatching.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
seasnake wrote:
You should be able to hatch a pet with itself to scramble its talents. All of my school pets ended up having lousy talents that I have problems even getting others to want to try and hatch with them, and all of the hatches I do attempt always fail and quite often with the same lame talents always showing up as they are dominant. I would like to hatch my pets with themselves in order to get a pet with non lame talents on them from the potential talents they already have upon them. Say I want to mix a kraken with itself, I would choose kraken and then I would choose hatch with self on the other side which would result in a new kraken with a new random mix of talents that are on it.
that wouldn't be hatching then, that would be pet cloning. i think you and the person who wants to craft pets should start your own mad scientist section. :) -eli and crew

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
how is this different from mixing two krakens with identical talents?
If you want better talents you need to raise the pedigree. Lol go to celestia and boss till a sea dragon drops.