Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Petition to stop making the game easier

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I prefer the game left as hard as it always was, rather than watering it down and making it challangeless. That I hit experience maximums while still having grizzleheim quests left and upon barely entering into ds was another great disappointment. I ran almost all ds quests without experience points or much of a need to do them.

My grand friends and I are helping our lowel level friends get through the quests and notice a lot of the watering down changes that have occurred. None of us seems to be happy about them, and the new players feel a bit cheated they didn't get to see things as they used to be.

Malistair is a farming non-challenge that takes a lot of time but is pretty much a joke. Am told it wasn't always like that, but I personally wouldn't know. I just see malistair as a complete non-challenge, only getting the drops you want is a challenge but not playing.

Post in this thread if you are like me and are against the watering down of the game and would like to see the difficulties restored to their harder original levels.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I agree, but the majority of players want to be able to wail on everything with almost no risk of losing. To keep the majority happy, the few people who actually want a challenge have to content themselves with such as Beguiler, Kensington Park, Briskbreeze, and Estrakir's Tower.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
though even soon the grand tower will probally be where the last boss can't cheat with the rate of complainers. and now we'll be seeing a whole lot more grandmasters, so all us grandmasters who earned it through hard work are gonna have to get good at pvp to own other grands lol

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I recently started a new charater and notice that the first 6 levels when fairly quick. So, I suggested that KI expand them. My other charater is still in Krockotopia.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
I agree, this game is becoming not really a challenge, but more of a grind-it-out kind of game, where any run of the mill player can easily get to the end. While i aggree with more expierence, because that doesn't directly interfere with game play, making quests and enemies easier is not a good idea. The warehouse, even though it is optional, is still getting complaints about it being impossible, which, of course, is far from the truth, as many wizards are FARMING this tower. I wish that the message boards would be closed, as it leads to people complaining to make the game, well, super easy. If any forum should be closed though, its PVP, because people complain about anything that they lose to. If judgement is removed, balance wizards will be up in arms, and the PVP section will be filled with their complaints. You see my point right? I wish that the game was hard, like major bosses cheated, and more final boss towers, that you cant just flee and port back, but actually have to work.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I prefer the game left as hard as it always was, rather than watering it down and making it challangeless. That I hit experience maximums while still having grizzleheim quests left and upon barely entering into ds was another great disappointment. I ran almost all ds quests without experience points or much of a need to do them.

My grand friends and I are helping our lowel level friends get through the quests and notice a lot of the watering down changes that have occurred. None of us seems to be happy about them, and the new players feel a bit cheated they didn't get to see things as they used to be.

Malistair is a farming non-challenge that takes a lot of time but is pretty much a joke. Am told it wasn't always like that, but I personally wouldn't know. I just see malistair as a complete non-challenge, only getting the drops you want is a challenge but not playing.

Post in this thread if you are like me and are against the watering down of the game and would like to see the difficulties restored to their harder original levels.

Thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU!
I completely agree with you. This game is getting way to easy, especially for the older players.

Community Leader
Hello,
I understand the need for hard areas of game,I enjoy them myself. one thing we have to remember this is a family orientated game, meaning geared for family fun. If we parents are playing with children and have to hear how hard and that our children are upset because they cant do something it does put a damper on things.

I do agree we need harder places and the game needs to harder with each world,but lets keep it fun ;) more humor ,more things for families to to. One mato to live by is if first you don't secede try try again.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
I totally agree, I've even posted some things about how i wished they would just stop making the game easier. I haven't completed DS yet but i want it to be challenging to do so. It was challenging when i first came here and the changes weren't made yet but now its just way to east. So yeah i totally agree, the game should stop becoming easier

Aaron FireStone Grandmaster Pyromancer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
MercMissionary wrote:
I recently started a new charater and notice that the first 6 levels when fairly quick. So, I suggested that KI expand them. My other charater is still in Krockotopia.

Levels 1 through 5 haven't changed and were never very hard. They were probably faster because you knew what to do.

KingsIsle won't want to make the first five levels very tough, because it would scare new players, most of whom wouldn't be paying yet, away from the game.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
By the way, I hope Celestia is challenging enough that it would actually take some effort to beat it.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
It took me about a month or less to get to level 20 which is just under half of level 50. Something needs done about the leveling and training points.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
In general, I agree.

I noticed a watering down in the dungeon upstairs in Krokosphinx, the one with all the Banshees. In each room, some of the monsters would not join the fight right away. I was helping a newer player, finished the fight, and expected to see the puzzle, and, "Hey, what happened to the puzzle?" Finally figured it out, needed to fight the other monsters.

A nice improvement to the game would be to be abundantly clear that the Sunken City does not need to be finished to get to Krokotopia - that's what I thought.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
My fear and concern is that with the next update the vitality of the game will be gone. This game should be challenging and because of the nature of the game, players should learn to build true and trusted friendships with other wizards. If the game is too easy, you don't need anyone else.

This is also an excellent time for parents to play along with their children (as some do) and have fun and plan strategy at the same time. :)

I left Pirates because they made it too easy. I compared it to ToonTown Lite. I could defeat any of the enemies by myself and group battles became a joke.

Please, KI continue to challenge us, don't pamper us. :)

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I agree, part of a game is that there be challenge and accomplishment. Watering down should be avoided, while a can appreciate a minor tweak every so often to accommodate the expanding Wizard101 universe, cutting dungeons in half seems a bit extreme. KI please keep the game challenging, exciting and fun. I think too many players are used to being able to obliterate enemies without dying or consequence that they have forgotten both how to battle and the satisfaction of overcoming a challenging enemy. Hopefully Celestia will bring back some of the challenge and fun I remember. :)

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
KI, I would like to have my player dying because of challenge. Start making the game harder. Those towers bring in complainers, but if the majority are beating the towers. Then keep them!!!!

Hero
May 27, 2009
I think that as they add content, they have to make adjustments in order to allow players to reach that new content more quickly, otherwise they get complaints about "it's not fair." People do love to complain, that's for sure. I personally hate the cheating towers. I'm glad they are side quests and not required. If a friend asks one of my Grands to go in, I will, but I don't enjoy the "challenge" of figuring out the strategy of the darn things.

I find that the game difficulty is about right for my eleven year old son, who only has the one wizard, while I play all the other wizards on two accounts. I craft and I pet-train, and I do all but PVP (which I tried but don't care for). He wants to look cool and carry a big hammer as he does his quests. He doesn't like the really long dungeons.

Trying to make everyone happy is a losing proposition, unfortunately, you'll have to settle for pleasing the majority.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Unfortunately I do not see KI turning back the clock. That being said I did agree with making warehouse a side quest as it is just to hard for the kiddies out there. What I would like to see is have Celestia maybe be a step up in difficulty from what dragonspyre was, prior to most recent preview quest update. Also maybe some more cheating towers as side quests for those of us who enjoy a real challenge.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
i strongly agree! these level issues are terrible! in fact the only reason i get on is to see my friends and make videos for youtube.com and screenshots to enter wizard101 central! although i would say the estrakir tower could use a lower because i have had all grandmasters, death, fire, i think even storm! come with me in there! we know the way the cheat and we do it right but they always seem to beat us! one time we lost by just one fizzle, but other then that, please kingsisle, we the wizards would like you to higher health, i think malistaire should have 50,000-100,000 health.\

joseph nightflame, grandmaster thaumaturge
NEVER FEAR A SHIELD IS NEAR!

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
Thy only make it easier so Celestia and worlds beyond aren't too hard. I garintee that if they didn't make Dragonspyre easier, that the next 4 worlds would be next to IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Explorer
Jun 30, 2009
Yeah, I agree. But celestia is supossed to be decently hard.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I agree and disagree they should not make the enemies harder to defeat but they should make the life enemies heal more cause otherwise the monsters dont need them and that would make it a little tougher

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
compguru1 wrote:
Unfortunately I do not see KI turning back the clock. That being said I did agree with making warehouse a side quest as it is just to hard for the kiddies out there. What I would like to see is have Celestia maybe be a step up in difficulty from what dragonspyre was, prior to most recent preview quest update. Also maybe some more cheating towers as side quests for those of us who enjoy a real challenge.

I totally agree. Moderators really need to read this thread. I really hope that Celestia is the same as the old, fun, chalenging Wizard101 that some of us knew and loved. I also agree that more cheating towers should be added if Celestia doesnt change.

David StormHunter, Grandmaster Pyromancer, Savior of the Spiral
David DragonHunter, Master Diviner, Oni slayer

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
David8675309 wrote:
compguru1 wrote:

I totally agree. Moderators really need to read this thread. I really hope that Celestia is the same as the old, fun, chalenging Wizard101 that some of us knew and loved. I also agree that more cheating towers should be added if Celestia doesnt change.

David StormHunter, Grandmaster Pyromancer, Savior of the Spiral
David DragonHunter, Master Diviner, Oni slayer
Also agreed 100%!!!!!!!!

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
MercMissionary wrote:
It took me about a month or less to get to level 20 which is just under half of level 50. Something needs done about the leveling and training points.

Getting to level 20 in a month isn't anything new. But keep in mind that, although it is almost halfway to 50, the experience points required to obtain each level increases each time. It will actually take you longer, as you progress, to obtain the next level.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Without side quests and the help of my dear old dad, I completed the game in about 3 days.
So for me, this game was easy XD