Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet training

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2014
As everyone knows PVP is wizard101's most popular end game. Pets play a major factor in both questing and PVP. Everyone knows the struggle of hatching 50 times for stats on a pet they really want. It is very, very, very heart shattering when a pet fails at mega. I know that Pet training can bring in big bucks to KI but, i recommend that a roll option be added when a pet gets it talent at mega (ONLY MEGA, MORE THAN THAT WOULD BE A BIT TOO OP). Basically how it would work is say (I will use an example that happened to me) you want a Triple damage, double resist ice pet. Your pet has gotten dealer, giver, ice boon, and proof so far. You are filled with joy because you're basically 100% certain spell defy is in your pool and after many hatches you may finally get the pet you want, not only for PVP but a good questing pet too. You get it to mega and what does it get? Fairy not defy. But if there was a reroll option you would not need to be angry, as you can just reroll for a diffrent talent (the price i was thinking was 100 crowns and the more you reroll in one sitting it doubles each time) BOOM! you reroll and you get defy! you love the game for this amazing feature. :D PLS ADD THIS REROLL TALENT FEATURE TO WIZ

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
gengargamer105 on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
As everyone knows PVP is wizard101's most popular end game. Pets play a major factor in both questing and PVP. Everyone knows the struggle of hatching 50 times for stats on a pet they really want. It is very, very, very heart shattering when a pet fails at mega. I know that Pet training can bring in big bucks to KI but, i recommend that a roll option be added when a pet gets it talent at mega (ONLY MEGA, MORE THAN THAT WOULD BE A BIT TOO OP). Basically how it would work is say (I will use an example that happened to me) you want a Triple damage, double resist ice pet. Your pet has gotten dealer, giver, ice boon, and proof so far. You are filled with joy because you're basically 100% certain spell defy is in your pool and after many hatches you may finally get the pet you want, not only for PVP but a good questing pet too. You get it to mega and what does it get? Fairy not defy. But if there was a reroll option you would not need to be angry, as you can just reroll for a diffrent talent (the price i was thinking was 100 crowns and the more you reroll in one sitting it doubles each time) BOOM! you reroll and you get defy! you love the game for this amazing feature. :D PLS ADD THIS REROLL TALENT FEATURE TO WIZ
This is a great concept that I have also heard from many wiz-youtubers. I agree that Kingsisle could make it work.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 77+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Avalon)

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Champion
Mar 25, 2011
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
Why would you not want fairy it heals you?
The problem with fairy is that it's not always reliable. It goes off sometimes at random or when you don't really need it. It's nicer for pvp to have something more like may cast auras that trigger more often.

It depends on your strategy as well. Some people do still go for fairy and if they trust in the talent, you can work with it.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 76 PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Avalon)

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Jewels kind of give us that already. We get to add one thing, so that helps a lot.

I'd be okay with being able to redo one talent, but it shouldn't cost crowns. Make it for gold, or by re-training like someone suggested last year.