Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Trainer

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 13, 2011
How about a pet trainer for those of us who are tired of pet training.

Here is a link to this topic from earlier that was under Pets, but I think maybe it should be here since this is a new thing.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/40430.ftl#226180

Here is a modified idea for the Pet trainer

You would go to a Pet Trainer... say in one of the Pet shops.

You would pay X crowns for the trainer to train your pet 25 points in a specific attribute like intellect or strength that you would get to choose. I would say the cost should be 250 crowns.

You could then give the trainer up to 5 snacks.

The trainer would then take the pet and train him.

You wouldn't be able to use the pet for X hours ... like in hatching it would be blacked out with a count down. I would say 10 hours for crown players and 6 hours for members.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
GamingDan wrote:
How about a pet trainer for those of us who are tired of pet training.

Here is a link to this topic from earlier that was under Pets, but I think maybe it should be here since this is a new thing.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/40430.ftl#226180

Here is a modified idea for the Pet trainer

You would go to a Pet Trainer... say in one of the Pet shops.

You would pay X crowns for the trainer to train your pet 25 points in a specific attribute like intellect or strength that you would get to choose. I would say the cost should be 250 crowns.

You could then give the trainer up to 5 snacks.

The trainer would then take the pet and train him.

You wouldn't be able to use the pet for X hours ... like in hatching it would be blacked out with a count down. I would say 10 hours for crown players and 6 hours for members.

Why would someone choose this over just training the pet themselves in said attribute at the pet game that gives 4 of it for perfect score? Add in a snack that gives two or three strength and it would take only 4 turns to achieve the same thing, with the pet games being at the most 2 minutes per attempt (because of gobbler dropping lots of timers and hourglasses).

Even for an ancient pet, which would have used 32 energy to do this, the energy consumed would all come back in 4 hours. So 4 hours time for free vs. 6 (or 10 hours for crowns)? Plus, instead of being able to go back into battle with the pet and it's boosts after the 8 minutes of training those 25 points, you'd have to wait so long?

Not feasible IMHO. Darthjt's ideas seem more plausible. Search for them.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
HooVooLoo wrote:

Why would someone choose this over just training the pet themselves in said attribute at the pet game that gives 4 of it for perfect score? Add in a snack that gives two or three strength and it would take only 4 turns to achieve the same thing, with the pet games being at the most 2 minutes per attempt (because of gobbler dropping lots of timers and hourglasses).

Even for an ancient pet, which would have used 32 energy to do this, the energy consumed would all come back in 4 hours. So 4 hours time for free vs. 6 (or 10 hours for crowns)? Plus, instead of being able to go back into battle with the pet and it's boosts after the 8 minutes of training those 25 points, you'd have to wait so long?

Not feasible IMHO. Darthjt's ideas seem more plausible. Search for them.

This is not instead of doing the training yourself, this is in addition to doing the training yourself.

Why would I do this?

1) I train pets all the time, it is boring and tough on the fingers..

2) I can pay to have the training done, turn off my computer and have a life. When I come back my pet has improved.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Interesting idea.

Let me start off by saying that I like your idea.

One reason I like your idea is because I'm also not a fan of training pets; I'd rather have someone else do it for me. Admittedly, it's a "lazy" way of doing things, but your proposed idea would enable people to enjoy two things: having a life and enjoying their favorite game, Wizard101.

Let's analyze the reasoning behind your proposal.

In total, a pet needs 1,875 experience to reach Epic (1000+500+250+125).
Time and work are the issue here, not quantity.

You wrote that it would cost 250 crowns for every 25 experience points.

If K.I. decides to do it your way, then the math should look like this:

1,875 (total experience) / 25 = 75 <-- We want to figure out the cost of training a pet to Epic based on your variables.

Equation: 75 * 250 crowns = 18,750 crowns

So it'd cost 18,750 crowns to train one pet to Epic. That's not a bad deal, especially if we're spending crowns to save time and energy.

Now how does this compare to the revenue of Mega Snacks?

Mega Snacks cost 2,250 a pack. I saw somewhere that one pack gives a total of 240 to 250 experience.

1,875 / 240 (assuming the least desirable outcome) = ~ 8 packs

It takes 1,875 experience to raise one pet to Epic, so a person would need 8 Mega Snack Packs. How much do 8 Mega Snack Packs cost?

8 packs * 2,250 crowns = 17,578 crowns

Relatively the same, right?

Why doesn't K.I. offer this option? The costs are relatively the same, but the only difference is that customers are satisfied. There's no strenuous work involved.

Trust me, if K.I. added this option, I'd be training soooo many pets. ^^

You came up with a great idea. My next concern is how long should this so-called "Automatic Pet Training" take. If they asked me, I'd say less than an hour -- tops.

Spending over 18,000 crowns entitles the buyer to unparalleled CONVENIENCE.