Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Showcase (Pet Storage) and Pet Space Expansion Elixir

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Dear KI,

First, I just wanted to share that I absolutely love the Pet Tome feature as it makes Spiral life just a bit more wonderful!

Along with the Pet Tome, I thought that it would be awesome if a Pet Showcase (Pet Storage) housing item could be added to the game, that players can obtain by crafting or purchasing from the crown shop.

I also think it would be outstanding if the Pet Showcase would work in conjunction with the a Pet Tome housing item.

My thoughts on how the Pet Showcase would look/work:

Appearance:
Glass cubbyhole shelving to display each type of pet (like in a pet shop).

Functions/Features:
Display each beautiful pet stored in individual cubbyholes.Automatically group pets when placed inside the showcase (like how it groups particular pets in the attic). So if you add more than one of the same type of pet, only 1 will continue to display in each cubbyhole/case (with a pet count displayed one of the cubbyhole's corners).Option to select which pet is displayed (like an album cover/cover pet) if more than 1 of the same pet is stored.Display pet information (on mouse over): Stats, talents, etc. (like how it shows when you view another player's pet).Podium with a Pet Tome consisting the pets contained/displayed within the Pet Showcase.

Along with a Pet Showcase, it would also be awesome to have the option of a Pet Space Expansion Elixir added to the crown shop!I think it would be truly amazing and so very helpful in many ways, to many Wizard101 patrons including myself, who have been enjoying and collecting/accumulating thousands of pets over the many wonderful years in the Spiral!

I really hope and look forward to seeing something like this added to the game in the future!

If anyone else is interested in this idea please cast your vote at Wizard101 Central:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?513681-Pet-Showcase-(Pet-Storage)-and-Pet-Space-Expansion-Elixirs

Thank you so very much for your time in advance!

Administrator
Savannah DarkHeart on Jan 6, 2021 wrote:
Dear KI,

First, I just wanted to share that I absolutely love the Pet Tome feature as it makes Spiral life just a bit more wonderful!

Along with the Pet Tome, I thought that it would be awesome if a Pet Showcase (Pet Storage) housing item could be added to the game, that players can obtain by crafting or purchasing from the crown shop.

I also think it would be outstanding if the Pet Showcase would work in conjunction with the a Pet Tome housing item.

My thoughts on how the Pet Showcase would look/work:

Appearance:
Glass cubbyhole shelving to display each type of pet (like in a pet shop).

Functions/Features:
Display each beautiful pet stored in individual cubbyholes.Automatically group pets when placed inside the showcase (like how it groups particular pets in the attic). So if you add more than one of the same type of pet, only 1 will continue to display in each cubbyhole/case (with a pet count displayed one of the cubbyhole's corners).Option to select which pet is displayed (like an album cover/cover pet) if more than 1 of the same pet is stored.Display pet information (on mouse over): Stats, talents, etc. (like how it shows when you view another player's pet).Podium with a Pet Tome consisting the pets contained/displayed within the Pet Showcase.

Along with a Pet Showcase, it would also be awesome to have the option of a Pet Space Expansion Elixir added to the crown shop!I think it would be truly amazing and so very helpful in many ways, to many Wizard101 patrons including myself, who have been enjoying and collecting/accumulating thousands of pets over the many wonderful years in the Spiral!

I really hope and look forward to seeing something like this added to the game in the future!

If anyone else is interested in this idea please cast your vote at Wizard101 Central:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?513681-Pet-Showcase-(Pet-Storage)-and-Pet-Space-Expansion-Elixirs

Thank you so very much for your time in advance!
We love any ideas that expand the pet system as we know you love using it. Thanks Savannah!

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Sparck on Jan 11, 2021 wrote:
We love any ideas that expand the pet system as we know you love using it. Thanks Savannah!
Greetings Mr. Sparck!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review my post! It's such an honor to receive a response from you! I am truly grateful, and I sincerely appreciate it!

I hope you and everyone at KI have a wonderful new year filled with peace, love, happiness, good health and prosperity!

I look forward to all future adventures in the Spiral! Best game ever!

Lving Spiral Life!

Thanks again!
Savannah DarkHeart

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi,
I love the pet storage idea but why not an intractable item that port you to another pet themed place.
You can put pets like you put them on any house but you see everything from the pet point of view... everything is big.
The entrance could be the pet door we found in wizard city (for the model only of course) can contain up to 150 pet and refill happiness slowly .

By extension, the micro room idea can be expanded to the vaults:

Elite Equipment vault store 150 in the chest and 10 pedestal for dummies next to a place on the wall to hang a wand.

Elite jewel vault store 150 jewels in one or few chest an intractable daily reward jewel tree in the middle.

Elite seeds vault store 150 seeds can put soil on it pedestal to put items and a 10% growing boost

Few more ideas for vault:

Elite treasure vault store 1998 treasure cards in 2 chest, few display on walls and an intractable gold pile for daily rewards.

Elite storage vault store 150 housing object can be decorated like the dormitory.

Elite stable vault store 50 mounts in boxes

That's just some idea without taking attention to the cost or if that can be created the idea is mostly a larger vault with a bonus effect in it but must be weaker than what houses or bundle content can give (especially for the like bonus and the intractable jewel tree that must be weaker than the jewel mine from jewel crafter bundle.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Stormwind 8108 on Jan 13, 2021 wrote:
Hi,
I love the pet storage idea but why not an intractable item that port you to another pet themed place.
You can put pets like you put them on any house but you see everything from the pet point of view... everything is big.
The entrance could be the pet door we found in wizard city (for the model only of course) can contain up to 150 pet and refill happiness slowly .

By extension, the micro room idea can be expanded to the vaults:

Elite Equipment vault store 150 in the chest and 10 pedestal for dummies next to a place on the wall to hang a wand.

Elite jewel vault store 150 jewels in one or few chest an intractable daily reward jewel tree in the middle.

Elite seeds vault store 150 seeds can put soil on it pedestal to put items and a 10% growing boost

Few more ideas for vault:

Elite treasure vault store 1998 treasure cards in 2 chest, few display on walls and an intractable gold pile for daily rewards.

Elite storage vault store 150 housing object can be decorated like the dormitory.

Elite stable vault store 50 mounts in boxes

That's just some idea without taking attention to the cost or if that can be created the idea is mostly a larger vault with a bonus effect in it but must be weaker than what houses or bundle content can give (especially for the like bonus and the intractable jewel tree that must be weaker than the jewel mine from jewel crafter bundle.
Hi Stormwind 8108,

Thank you very much for your response and support! I truly appreciate it!

Thank you for sharing your ideas as well! Very interesting! You should submit them to KI for consideration.

Take care and all the best!
Savannah DarkHeart

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I added a sample photo of what the Pet Showcase would look like...
I did my best to create the sample, so please excuse any flaws! I'm sure KI developers can perfect it!

The sample Pet Showcase photo can be viewed in my original post at Wizard101 Central.
* Please note that a Wizard101 Central account may be required to view the post, photos, and/or cast a vote.

If interested in this idea, please reply to this thread, or cast your vote at Wizard101 Central here:
Thanks again for your time and support in advance!
Savannah DarkHeart

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
I have a question. What is the pet tome? I got the ice walker pet from the frost giant quest and it said it was moved to my pet tome, where is the pet tome and how do i get pets from it, i probably wont use ice walker bu still maybe i will get a good pet or find out ice walker auto casts some things.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
nice design that's remind me the way aquarium function but coupled with a vault to keep more pet.

and ty for your answer

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I love the idea of a Pet Number Expansion Potion.

Also modifications to how the Pet Tome works.

There are so many great things about it - but I wish it allowed me to
  • search talent combos (like the Kiosk) but let me search 5 talents.
  • once I found the pet I want - I wish it allowed me to grab that pet into my backpack - or hatch with it from it's remote location.

I like my pets roaming so I wouldn't use the craft-able/ Crowns showcase.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Coyle IceBalanceSt... on Jan 15, 2021 wrote:
I have a question. What is the pet tome? I got the ice walker pet from the frost giant quest and it said it was moved to my pet tome, where is the pet tome and how do i get pets from it, i probably wont use ice walker bu still maybe i will get a good pet or find out ice walker auto casts some things.
Hi Coyle! :)

The Pet Tome is basically a record of all the pets that you have collected.

The Pet Tome is located in the pet section of your backpack.

To access your Pet Tome:
1. Open your backback then click on the pet icon towards the top right.
2. Look towards the bottom of your pet stats (Strength, Intellect, Agility...), and you will see a book icon, which is your Pet Tome.

This feature is very helpful with pet collecting and general information about individual pets!

Hope this helps!

Take care,
Savannah

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Helenie Nightseer on Jan 18, 2021 wrote:
I love the idea of a Pet Number Expansion Potion.

Also modifications to how the Pet Tome works.

There are so many great things about it - but I wish it allowed me to
  • search talent combos (like the Kiosk) but let me search 5 talents.
  • once I found the pet I want - I wish it allowed me to grab that pet into my backpack - or hatch with it from it's remote location.

I like my pets roaming so I wouldn't use the craft-able/ Crowns showcase.
Hi Helenie!

Thank you kindly for your reply.

I love your idea of adding additional search features to the Hatch Making Kiosk! You should submit your idea to KI and I do hope they implement it!

I too like for my pets to roam around! They are so adorable! I even built playgrounds for them!

As far as the Pet Showcase is concerned, since it would be a housing item, it would be "optional" for anyone who wants to use it.

Pet space and organization is a couple of the driving forces behind this request. Especially since both mounts and Monstrology House Guests are also counted as "Pet" space. In addition to that, these items also count as housing space.

I honestly wish they would each have their own separate counters.

Since space is limited, it can be very difficult and costly to manage since castles are limited to max of 100 pets (50 inside and 50 outside), which requires wizards to purchase additional houses, additional castle elixirs as needed, in order to keep their pets.

I also think that having a Pet Showcase (or something like it), would help many pet collectors including myself, as well as others that have simply accumulated many pets over the years, to keep pets organized and easy to find as needed for hatching with friends and/or helping others in the Wizard101 community.

Friends could visit and hover their mouse over a pet within the Pet Showcase, and it would display the pet information and talents as it displays when you view another wizards pet.

In addition to the Pet Showcase and Pet Tome, I also think it would be great if the "crafted" version of the Hatch Making Kiosk (housing item) would function as a personal kiosk that you could place your own pets in for visitors to hatch with.

Thanks again for your reponse, support, and for sharing your wonderful ideas! I sincerely appreciate it!

Take care,
Savannah

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Savannah DarkHeart on Jan 19, 2021 wrote:
Hi Helenie!

Thank you kindly for your reply.

I love your idea of adding additional search features to the Hatch Making Kiosk! You should submit your idea to KI and I do hope they implement it!

I too like for my pets to roam around! They are so adorable! I even built playgrounds for them!

As far as the Pet Showcase is concerned, since it would be a housing item, it would be "optional" for anyone who wants to use it.

Pet space and organization is a couple of the driving forces behind this request. Especially since both mounts and Monstrology House Guests are also counted as "Pet" space. In addition to that, these items also count as housing space.

I honestly wish they would each have their own separate counters.

Since space is limited, it can be very difficult and costly to manage since castles are limited to max of 100 pets (50 inside and 50 outside), which requires wizards to purchase additional houses, additional castle elixirs as needed, in order to keep their pets.

I also think that having a Pet Showcase (or something like it), would help many pet collectors including myself, as well as others that have simply accumulated many pets over the years, to keep pets organized and easy to find as needed for hatching with friends and/or helping others in the Wizard101 community.

Friends could visit and hover their mouse over a pet within the Pet Showcase, and it would display the pet information and talents as it displays when you view another wizards pet.

In addition to the Pet Showcase and Pet Tome, I also think it would be great if the "crafted" version of the Hatch Making Kiosk (housing item) would function as a personal kiosk that you could place your own pets in for visitors to hatch with.

Thanks again for your reponse, support, and for sharing your wonderful ideas! I sincerely appreciate it!

Take care,
Savannah
"Friends could visit and hover their mouse over a pet within the Pet Showcase, and it would display the pet information and talents as it displays when you view another wizards pet.

In addition to the Pet Showcase and Pet Tome, I also think it would be great if the "crafted" version of the Hatch Making Kiosk (housing item) would function as a personal kiosk that you could place your own pets in for visitors to hatch with."

I love both these ideas! That would be AMAZING. Especially if they let us see the Petnome card so we could know enough to see if we wanted to ask our friend to hatch or lend it for hatching.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Still hoping for pet space expansion elixirs and a pet showcase (or something like it)! :)
Please reply to this post if you're interested or wouldn't mind having these items in game too!

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Sorry, but I have to stay persistent on this topic because I sincerely believe that we truly need more pet and/or housing space for that matter.

Especially since we now have Monstrology house guests that count towards/utilize both pet and housing space.

The lack of space hinders other aspects of the game such as Castle Tours. So many new large castles, but not enough housing space to decorate all areas.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
KI should make a Pet Sanctuary housing item that can hold 500 pets and has lots of nice places for the pets to scamper around in.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
ChicoValerian on Mar 29, 2021 wrote:
KI should make a Pet Sanctuary housing item that can hold 500 pets and has lots of nice places for the pets to scamper around in.
I'm open to anything that they're willing to implement that involves more pet space, or space in general!
Thank you for sharing your ideas, I appreciate it! :)