Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Leveling

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
I'm sure many have lamented this in the past however I'll take a moment to suggest that it would be really nice if we had an alternative way to raise our pets.
Perhaps a toggle in settings to allow us to share XP. with our pet?

Many things would need to be addressed for this but I, aswell as many others I believe, would much prefer questing with there friends rather then spending half there online time firing Pixies out of cannons.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Pappy021 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
I'm sure many have lamented this in the past however I'll take a moment to suggest that it would be really nice if we had an alternative way to raise our pets.
Perhaps a toggle in settings to allow us to share XP. with our pet?

Many things would need to be addressed for this but I, aswell as many others I believe, would much prefer questing with there friends rather then spending half there online time firing Pixies out of cannons.
You could always run your pixie around a maze, or make it dance...
Nothing states you HAVE to fire it out of a cannon....lol

If they offered an alternative way to raise your pets:
No one would buy mega Snack Packs.
No one would farm for mega's, causing the influx of crowns from buying Potatoes, Sword ferns or Evil Magma Peas to cut off.
Less people would be in the pavilion, as it would just be easier to level your pet during fights, so th epavillion would become a ghost land except for the hatchery.

While I like the idea as a player, of leveling your pet by sharing xp, or even allowing the pet to gain xp from its casted spells during a fight, when lookign at it through a marketing and investment stance, it would decrease revenues.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Your right of course Sarg. I'm not going to argue with your points at all.
It would take a major reworking. I was just hoping to get some ideas flowing from players. Maybe there's a compomise no one ever thought of.