Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Games Ideas

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
I play 2 or 3 of the pet games since i like training my pets to epic, but I find some point confusion in them.

for example:

the maze: once you get 70 of whatever you chose to pick, that's it, you can actually stay in a corner and wait for the time to run out cause no more points will be given to you even if you picked 100.

-I think a special bonus points should be given if you pick 90 or even 100, maybe double score or so towards your pet.

the cannon game:
this game here you can get 2 bullseyes and a shot on the red and you get 4 points. the same as if you get 3 bullseyes.

-again, we should get special bonus for the 3 bullseyes.

the dancing game: this game has 5 little "dancing revolution" type games. if you get all 5 right, 4 points. if you get 1 wrong, 3 points. that doesn't make sense to me.

-we should get 1 point for each, and a special bonus for getting them all right.

all points going towards pet training of course

I dont really play the other games, so chime in for those who have ideas.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
You read my mind exactly regarding the cannon game and the maze game.

The fact that the highest goal of the cannon game is 2 bullseyes and a red is just silly. Three bullseyes is much harder, especially with the wind changes.

Regarding the pet maze, either bonus points should be added for additional items above 70, or the game should simply stop at 70. I can often have 30 seconds left over after reaching 70. Train ten times, and KI has cost me five minutes of sitting around doing nothing but wait.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
What about in the maze "gobble the ghosts!" that awards you 5 points. What happens to those 5 points? I don't see it added to my snack count or the clock and nothing added to my pet points.

As for the food drop game it is by far the most complex. Best I've ever scored is 3 points and I thought I was doing really good catching the food. Latency is a major pain in this game. It is the main reason I can't play this one.

In another thread I suggested that pets gain experience by being active on missions as well as these minigames. I believe I suggested that pets get 2 xp per enemy killed and the games do points based on age. You spend 2 energy at baby but you should be able to earn 5. At teen you spend 4 and can earn 10 adult you can earn 15 ancient is 20 and if needed 25 at epic.

The biggest thing would be that casual gameplay earns points in power while the games earn the 4 other stats.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I would rather KI make the pet games to be fun player House events and make pet leveling be combat based.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
When you gobble a ghost, I'm pretty sure you get five points, but maybe you didn't notice because the game is moving fast.

As far as earning experience for your pet from battles, that makes a ton of sense. If running around a maze earns my pet experience, shouldn't killing enemy monsters gain them experience too?

It would alleviate some of the complaints about training pets. People could slowly level their pet without having to do training games, which quite frankly, is the closest thing to unfun work I have found in this game.

It's sort of like eating your vegetables. You do it because it is good for you, but you really don't want to do it. Unless it is a carrot, which is a delicious vegetable.

My last thought on pet training is what if we could send our pets away to training school? We would pay gold or crowns and send our pets to a training camp for a week or so, and when they return to us, they have leveled up one level.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
malt22 wrote:
It's sort of like eating your vegetables. You do it because it is good for you, but you really don't want to do it

Well said. This is an excellent analogy. lol

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice