Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Daycare Idea.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
If you're anything like me, who's played for several years and collected an absolute menagerie of Pets from quests, packs, and bundles, you probably don't have time to train all of them at once, let alone the Energy or Crowns to do so.

The Pet Daycare would allow you to train your Pets passively while you play the game, without having to equip them individually. While yes, I do acknowledge that the Summer Update added the "Earn Pet EXP while doing the Main Story Quests", and that is nice and all, but it's not very much EXP (only +4 EXP? Frankly, I think it should raise up the number as the Pet ages), and thusly it's going to take a long while to train your Pet fully (whether it be Mega or Ultra, though I hear the latter isn't worth it) using that method. Yes, I also acknowledge that if this was implemented, then people would be less likely to use the Pet Pavilion games, and just leave their Pets in Daycare until they reach the age they want them to be, so of course, there needs to be safeguards.

• Perhaps the Pet Daycare has limits on how much you can train your selected Pet in a single day (24 Hours), say halfway through the EXP bar instead of a full one.
  • Perhaps it can only be used to train one or two Pets a day, so you still need to pace yourself with training.
  • Perhaps it has an Energy cost (perhaps, like the Pet Pavilion games, it raises the cost as your Pet grows).
  • Perhaps it's not something you find in the Pavilion, but instead an item (perhaps a small playpen or wooden fenced pasture depending on it's inside or outside) that you need to buy with Crowns or Gold or either to place in your House, which means you'll have to make room for it.
  • Perhaps it requires Pet Snacks in order to train properly, and the higher quality ones will grant higher passive EXP, but of course, be harder to find and create.
  • Perhaps it will lower your Pet's Happiness stat over time to place them in the Daycare, because while you are training them, they're not being played with you unlike the Pet Pavilion games, so while they're having fun in here, they still are slightly less Happy.
  • Perhaps your Pet needs to start at the Baby stage or else it won't be available.
  • Perhaps the Daycare only functions while you're actively moving around and doing quests/combats. Sitting idle or spinning in circles only will waste time.
These are just ideas, of course. I'm not saying they all need to be done at once, but if something like this is made, there does need to be precautions attached, of course. That, and of course, you don't have to listen to my suggestions at all. It's just an idea I had recently, having switched out my Death Wizard's Pet for a new one to try and train it up, and wondering if there was a better, faster way to do this.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
This would be very beneficial to have.

Consider this, you go up to the pet hatching kiosk in the pavilion, you add in your limit of 5 pets that you consider too be good. But what if you have too many pets or have a hard time choosing based off their current skills? Can we purchase more slots for our additional pets in the future?

Now, what if there was an additional option for this pet daycare or pet trainer. Maybe paying a certain amount of gold per rank to get these pets progressed.

Maybe you have to bring the kiosk a certain number of snacks as well as gold in order to train your pet optimally?

While I do love they added the exp gift for completing main story line quests, its not as great as it sounds.
Unless you are questing in the lower worlds and have lots of quests ahead of you AND you plan on keeping that pet for a long time. Because if you happen to end up getting a new pet you will either have to retrain or start over on your exp progress.

Not to mention this has no effect on those characters who are at max level now, so if they no longer have main storyline quest, it is much harder too gain that pet exp unless they are hitting the pavilion to play/skip games.

I know the hatchery offers a lot of potion recipes as well as snack recipes, why has there not been an elixir made to skip a pet level, or to re-roll a pet stat?

Many thing to be taken into consideration for the pets.

Explorer
Sep 27, 2011
I like the idea of a Pet Day Care. Drop off my Pet and have the system train and feed my Pet.

I believe this idea needs a lot more tinkering with to be of value to both players and KI. Is it worth it for KI?

As you know, real life Day Care is very costly. In some places, the monthly cost of Day Care can rival the monthly cost of college tuition.

That said, Pet Day Care should definitely cost players “Crowns”. What services will you get for the amount of “Crowns” you are willing to spend? This is another option to consider as you refine your Pet Day Care idea.

Defender
May 27, 2013
I would imagine that it would have to cost at least as much as the price of the mega snack packs it would take to train the pet up a level, then add another 'service' fee on top of that. That being the case, perhaps the cost would increase as the level of the pet advances.

Explorer
Sep 27, 2011
Fandango739 on Jul 22, 2021 wrote:
I would imagine that it would have to cost at least as much as the price of the mega snack packs it would take to train the pet up a level, then add another 'service' fee on top of that. That being the case, perhaps the cost would increase as the level of the pet advances.
I like those ideas!

But, if I drop of my pet with mega snack then the cost should be less.

It's the "service" fee I am afraid of!