Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Abilities on the Field, New Pet Booster Packs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2016
While, in my opinion, pets are a great part of Wizard101, adding countless hours of training, hatching, and collecting, I feel like they should be more useful not just in battles and contests, but have special abilities to aid Wizards in their adventures. For example, there could be a pet who's good for searching for items, which gives a chance of an extra item dropping in battle, or maybe for keys. There could be one who could keep enemies away when crossing roads.

These, of course, would be exclusive to ultra rare pets, maybe found in Pet Booster Packs, containing tonnes of common pets, snacks, and pet themed furniture, but have a small chance of granting one of these rare pets, or these pets could be sold on the Crowns Shop directly, but having a much higher price.

I do see many of the flaws in this idea, such as it being to overpowered, having all the "old" pets be abandoned, and people only hatching and breeding these new pets. These pets could be "non-hatch-able", meaning they cannot be hatched with other pets outside of their species, or not be hatched at all. We could also add a "Level 90+" etc. to the pets, so only players with lots of experience can equip them.

These are just ideas, so feel free to comment on more suggestions, pet ideas, like what it is, abilities, spells, stat boosts (and drawbacks?). I'd love to hear them!