Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pesky Porters

2
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
70
I like it!! It's a really nice idea! The only time when younger people should port is when the older one's ask them too. While I was in MooShu a guy from DragonSpyre asked for my help and I gladly helped him. If someone asks for your help it's different. Sometimes younger people ask for my help and I help them nothing major! However there was a time where a person teleported to me and then added a monster. I almost beat the street fight until he brought up another one. I believe it said destroy 8 monsters and I didn't even get credit for my hard word. :( So when people ask for your help and their a higher level it's different. When they don't and you port to them for no reason now that is annoying!

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
6
The most easy thing to do (and im sure this has been said many times) is to make a level limit for each world. Wizard city- all levels, Krok-10-25 Marley 26-35 and so on. This way, if people are porting, at least they are within a level range where they will not ruin the experience for other players.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Well, we certainly have a lot of people bothered by lower levels in Celestia.

The problem I see here is, people pay real money to play this game. People pay cash, dollars, euros, MONEY! to play! Not sure if any of you realize this or not. I know I realize this, because I pay to play too. Now, I know those that don't pay, they are stuck in WC, which is fine with me. But those that do pay, who am I to say they don't have a right to what they pay for? Who are you to tell them they don't have a right to what they pay for?

You want to know why KI has not changed the policy, because if someone pays them to play their game, or pays them to go to Celestia, KI will let them. It is a world. I may not like bums and criminals in my town, but I can't stop them being here either. There will always be things in this world that we don't like, it is a cold hard fact. Yet, we learn how to deal with them. This game is not that hard and KI keeps making it easier and easier for you simple minded people and for the kids.

So, my suggestion to you all, is quit being snobs, learn to play your character so you wont die, and learn to adapt and be ready in case a low level jumps into your battle. Go to realms and/or areas that are desserted. I am sorry that many of you may not agree, but if you bought a television, I don't think you would appreciate it if I told you, you can't watch it, you must keep it turned off! How silly would that be? It's yours, you paid for it!

Thank you for your time and please have patience with others.

PS: I did hear someone say that power leveling in Chancel was dumb. My reply to that is;

It is dumb to spend $10.00 on reclaiming training points. So, to delete a Legendary Player and start over, then ranking them up quickly through the chancel so that they are back to where they were (except of course having to do the main quests again to continue the game, although that should be extremely easy as a Legendary), is extremely acceptable. Yet, because of people once again, whining and crying and sticking their noses in everyone else business, KI has fixed the Chancel. Thank you all ever so much!

Now, I am out of cheese, sorry. But I can call you all a Whambulance if need be. Thank you!

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
227
Sometimes, when you have someone port, its because you have another spot marked and you want to get something, say mana or health and you cant find whisps anywhere. You can go back to commons place and get what you need then port to that friend. Anyway, sometimes low lvls help, i mean i had a friend lvl 10 and he helped me kill a monster. Anyway im not sure i like this idea :?

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
260
darthjt wrote:

The problem I see here is, people pay real money to play this game. People pay cash, dollars, euros, MONEY! to play! Not sure if any of you realize this or not. I know I realize this, because I pay to play too. Now, I know those that don't pay, they are stuck in WC, which is fine with me. But those that do pay, who am I to say they don't have a right to what they pay for? Who are you to tell them they don't have a right to what they pay for?


If we are posting here we have a subscription. Some of us have multiple accounts. We have a "right" to what we pay for, but, that doesn't mean we have to get it all now! KI set up "rules" for how you get from Wizard City to Celestia. You quest and get Spiral Keys to unlock new areas/worlds.

I believe porting was put into foster the in game community. A way for friends to help friends all over the Spiral. I have no problem with someone porting in and helping their friend. I do have major problems with people running around creating havoc in areas they don't belong in. I do control my friends list and keep my ports turned off. I suffer because others don't.

You want to know why KI has not changed the policy, because if someone pays them to play their game, or pays them to go to Celestia, KI will let them. It is a world. I may not like bums and criminals in my town, but I can't stop them being here either. There will always be things in this world that we don't like, it is a cold hard fact. Yet, we learn how to deal with them. This game is not that hard and KI keeps making it easier and easier for you simple minded people and for the kids.

KI certainly has every right to enforce game progression through world locks if they so choose. Some people right now are abusing porting. With world locks people must actually play the game. Shocking! *sarcasm intended*

As for making the game easier, KI is smart, IMO. If your average player can't go forward in the game they stand to lose a heck of a lot of income. So they gear the game so the majority of the players are happy. A fringe on either end thinks it is too hard or too easy.

So, my suggestion to you all, is quit being snobs, learn to play your character so you wont die, and learn to adapt and be ready in case a low level jumps into your battle. Go to realms and/or areas that are desserted. I am sorry that many of you may not agree, but if you bought a television, I don't think you would appreciate it if I told you, you can't watch it, you must keep it turned off! How silly would that be? It's yours, you paid for it!

Thank you for your time and please have patience with others.


ROTFL--I have been a staunch supporter of unrestricted porting. No more! I am appalled by the way people are abusing it. The" I paid for it I can do what I want." attitude runs rampant. Guess what, I paid for the game too! I have a "right" to enjoy it without lower level people causing problems for me.

Just 'cause you paid for it doesn't mean you need to have the whole enchilada right now. I really hope KI starts enforcing the sequence of progression in this game. You don't progress by porting into a world. You progress by obtaining a Spiral Key and unlocking area/worlds through questing.

I original idea posted here would be a good one too. I would be grateful for it.

I edited for clarity. I repeated myself and left out words. lol

Megan

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
Very nice idea but what I would like to see is a privacy option where you set it to no restrictions fro your or a certain level. If a player tries to join they must meet all the current wizards requirements. If even one objects to them joining they are not allowed to join.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Firefan02 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

The problem I see here is, people pay real money to play this game. People pay cash, dollars, euros, MONEY! to play! Not sure if any of you realize this or not. I know I realize this, because I pay to play too. Now, I know those that don't pay, they are stuck in WC, which is fine with me. But those that do pay, who am I to say they don't have a right to what they pay for? Who are you to tell them they don't have a right to what they pay for?


If we are talking about people porting into Celestia and upper level worlds we have a subscription or have bought areas with crowns. Some of us have multiple accounts. We have a "right" to what pay for, but, that doesn't mean you have to get it all right now! KI set up "rules" for how you get from Wizard City to Celestia. You quest and open it.

I believe porting was put into foster the in game community. A way for friends to help friends all over the Spiral. I have no problem with someone porting in and helping their friend. I do have major problems with people running around creating havoc in areas they don't belong in. I have been a staunch supporter of unrestricted porting until now. The way people abuse it is just plain wrong.

You want to know why KI has not changed the policy, because if someone pays them to play their game, or pays them to go to Celestia, KI will let them. It is a world. I may not like bums and criminals in my town, but I can't stop them being here either. There will always be things in this world that we don't like, it is a cold hard fact. Yet, we learn how to deal with them. This game is not that hard and KI keeps making it easier and easier for you simple minded people and for the kids.

KI certainly has every right to enforce game progression through world locks if they so choose. Some people right now are abusing porting. With world locks if you want full value out of your subscription you had better follow the game progression through questing.

As for making the game easier, KI is smart. If your average player can't go forward in the game you stand to lose a heck of a lot of income. So they gear the game so the majority of the players are happy. A fringe on either end thinks it is too hard or too easy.

So, my suggestion to you all, is quit being snobs, learn to play your character so you wont die, and learn to adapt and be ready in case a low level jumps into your battle. Go to realms and/or areas that are desserted. I am sorry that many of you may not agree, but if you bought a television, I don't think you would appreciate it if I told you, you can't watch it, you must keep it turned off! How silly would that be? It's yours, you paid for it!

Thank you for your time and please have patience with others.


ROTFL--As I said before, I have been a staunch supporter of unrestricted porting. No more! I am appalled by the way people are abusing it. The" I paid for it I can do what I want." attitude runs rampant. Guess what, I paid for the game too! I have just as much "right" to enjoy as you.

Just cause you paid for it doesn't mean you need to have the whole enchilada right now. I really hope KI starts enforcing the sequence of progression in this game. You don't progress by porting into a world. You progress by UNLOCKING it through questing.

Megan


Yes, you have a right to your area and to enjoy your game. Hence, multiple realms and areas! I am sure you are not a noob and know how to change realms? yes? I am sure you can also change areas? You think it is that hard to find a desserted area or realm? Yes, I agree, it might be an inconvenience, but, to have things your way, you sometimes have to go out of your way.

As for unlocking an area though questing! Let me make a case in point. I have 6 legendaries on this account. I had 5 Legendaries on my second account. I had to Delete a Legendary storm, because my step daughter used training points on level 1 & 2 spells on a day I told her she could use the account. I thought she would make her own character, I was wrong! Well, I was debating on if I wanted to learn fire for the mutate phoenix. Anyhow, she used my training points on useless spells! So, what do I do? Do I pay $10.00 to get my training points back? No, I don't think so! I deleted him! And recreated him. Yep, started all over at level 1. Now, with only enough questing to get fairy on Unicorn way, I take him through the chancel time and time again. He is now Level 47! I wish I did not take a small break there, but I did, because now, chancel no longer gives XP. Why? Because people whine, cry, complain about what other people are doing! Was I ever bothering anyone else? nope! I never used my storm to port to anyone else, except my own Legendary. Did I take other low level characters through the chancel, why yes I did! Most, by talking to them, already had Legendaries!

Now, I am sorry, that there are a few hooligans that like to come to Celestia, jump in fights and flee. I am sorry that not everyone in this world has morals and ethics, but, you can't tell me I have no right to Level my character any way I want to, or that I have no right to Celestia! That is like me telling you Megan, that even though you paid for this game, you have no right to play it!

So, once again, I will ask of you, do not let some ruin the game for everyone. After all, there are what? 5 Million subscribers? Yeah, that makes everyone rotten to the core right?

As for making the majority happy, I think that is what KI is doing, by not restricting ports! Because you all are obviously the minority group.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
5
i agree with unlocking all the worlds first before being able to go there. this whole porting to a world that you shouldnt be in thing is getting old quick, its causing alot of members to quit, and its creating a big war between lower level wizards and the grandmasters/legendary wizards. i wont lie, i hate with a passion when a level 10 jumps in my fight in celestia, doesnt have text chat, and either gets me killed or flees and leaves me with an even bigger battle than i started out with. curiousity is okay when its not costing other people their progress and fun. theres a reason why you cant get the spiral key to celestia until level 48.

fighting with noobs and calling them nasty names will get us nowhere. but then again, the low level kids arent making it easy for us. annoying us all day to take them to worlds they shouldnt be in, costing us battles, and saying some pretty nasty things when we wont help them is crossing the line. if your mad that were higher level, then put the work in like we did and level up. there is no reason why we should have all this fighting between high and low level wizards all because someone is lazy.

common courtesy would go along way but i dont see this happening until something is done about the level jumping. yes i understand that this happened in dragonspyre too, but thats the thing. it keeps happening. im sure that celestia is not gonna be the last world they add to the spiral. so therefore, this is gonna keep happening everytime a world is added. it seems like KI is not listening to what we have to say, because nothing is getting done about it. something needs to be done before members finally get sick of the fighting and just quit. i know im getting there myself.

~Edward Shadowflame, Legendary Conjurer

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
9
Flippd wrote:
The most easy thing to do (and im sure this has been said many times) is to make a level limit for each world. Wizard city- all levels, Krok-10-25 Marley 26-35 and so on. This way, if people are porting, at least they are within a level range where they will not ruin the experience for other players.

make it
WC-1+
KT-10+
MB-26+
MS-35+
DS-41+
CL-48+
because, if you changed Krokotopia, people would be missing on the balance spells they can learn that are level 25+ :( :x are all emotions that people would feel if the original version happened

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
58
I should say, that I agree with the world lock idea. As I said, the idea that is posted here is my husbands. He also plays wizard now but doesn't use the message boards that often. I like the idea of world locks though. Not to the extreme that is posted higher up. I think you should not be able to port to a world unless you have the spiral key to it. Yes people are curious and thats fine, but when it comes down to it, no matter what world it is in having someone jump into a fight that you are having a hard time with is annoying. Most people's answer to this problem is Turn off your ports. Yet what if I am not the one that people are porting to. I am not just talking about Celestia, yet it is a good example. It was brought out as a new world for after you have reached level 48 and beaten the final countdown quest. So if you need that just to get the spiral key, why should you be able to port there on your level 15 wizard. I pay for the game, but I also understand rules and restrictions. If I have not unlocked an area yet, I don't go there. If I have a friend ask me for help in a higher level area, I switch to one of my wizards that are high enough level to go there. But there are a lot of people that would complain and say, what if I am just going to help a friend? Which is where this idea originally came from. You would be able to go help a friend, but to ensure that the ones that port to a friend stay with that friend, and do not go cause issues with other wizards in the area, you would be tethered to your friend, but a limit of steps you can move away from said friend that you are helping. And if your friend is asking for help and you do not have a mount, that friend will be willing to remove their mount for the amount of time you are with them. If they are not then they don't really want the help. In that instance the two idea's could be tied together.

And to say that just because people pay they should have a right to go anywhere, is not right either. I have paid since my first wizard, yet I had to unlock the worlds on that one as well. For the most part, the people that are going to disagree with this idea are the people who want to jump ahead a power level. Lets see, one run in the final dungeon would give a low enough level wizard how many levels? There are so many complaints about low level wizards porting to area's that they are not ready for, that I decided to post my husbands idea here. And the complaint that I have seen in regards to that is, but the low level area's are boring. So instead those people want to be able to port to a high level area and power level. yet if they want to access the worlds on their own, they are still going to have to go back and do the questline anyway. So what is the point in not going ahead and doing the quests? So you can level up faster? Its just going to take you twice as long to unlock the worlds that way. And its a game designed mainly for kids. And in my opinion, the power levelers are just teaching the kids that its ok to cheat at something. because its taking to long or its boring. Yeah, thats a good example. (sarcasm intended)

The only people that will probably be honestly upset by this idea will be the power levelers.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
2
Peterc1023 wrote:
I absolutely HATE this idea because maybe people want to hang out with their friends or see other bosses don't judge people right away maybe they actually are good people and if you can't deal with that then maybe you should play a different game like I bet you did it when you were a low level because I used to do the porting thing ALL THE TIME and in fact sometimes I lasted longer then the level 40s in Mooshu! All i have to say is everyone is helpful so don't judge until you actually start to know them better then judge if they aren't "good enough" for ya. Just get over it if it's REALLY a problem then just don't even fuss around with it.


Take a minute, reread the idea. Start at the beginning, and don't stop when you reach the part that makes you go, wait, this must apply to me, so it can't possibly be good!. If hanging out with their friends is the purpose of their visit to the world they are not of level appropriate for, they would, for all intents and purposes, have no problems, by the design of this idea. This clearly is meant to SUPPORT the people who join friends in the worlds, stay with them, help them, and get rewarded for it as appropriate to their level of help. This is also, designed to PREVENT the people who port to someone who just happened to be on their friend list, in a world they don't have access to, and then run off into every inch of the world, jumping into any battle with an empty circle, adding foes without adding useful battle capabilities, and generally giving the people they are NOT in any way related to, friend or otherwise, a blistering headache.

NOW that that has been said, I personally would, on my life wizard, port to a friend out of the blue, assist them with the fight, and then port off to another friend. That sort of activity is what this idea is meant to SUPPORT, which you seem to think is what it is here to PREVENT. Clearly that is the issue that you are not comprehending fully.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
2
darthjt wrote:


PS: I did hear someone say that power leveling in Chancel was dumb. My reply to that is;

It is dumb to spend $10.00 on reclaiming training points. So, to delete a Legendary Player and start over, then ranking them up quickly through the chancel so that they are back to where they were (except of course having to do the main quests again to continue the game, although that should be extremely easy as a Legendary), is extremely acceptable. Yet, because of people once again, whining and crying and sticking their noses in everyone else business, KI has fixed the Chancel. Thank you all ever so much!

Now, I am out of cheese, sorry. But I can call you all a Whambulance if need be. Thank you!


LOL @ the closing.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
260
darthjt wrote:
lYes, you have a right to your area and to enjoy your game. Hence, multiple realms and areas! I am sure you are not a noob and know how to change realms? yes? I am sure you can also change areas? You think it is that hard to find a desserted area or realm? Yes, I agree, it might be an inconvenience, but, to have things your way, you sometimes have to go out of your way.

As for unlocking an area though questing! Let me make a case in point. I have 6 legendaries on this account. I had 5 Legendaries on my second account. I had to Delete a Legendary storm, because my step daughter used training points on level 1 & 2 spells on a day I told her she could use the account. I thought she would make her own character, I was wrong! Well, I was debating on if I wanted to learn fire for the mutate phoenix. Anyhow, she used my training points on useless spells! So, what do I do? Do I pay $10.00 to get my training points back? No, I don't think so! I deleted him! And recreated him. Yep, started all over at level 1. Now, with only enough questing to get fairy on Unicorn way, I take him through the chancel time and time again. He is now Level 47! I wish I did not take a small break there, but I did, because now, chancel no longer gives XP. Why? Because people whine, cry, complain about what other people are doing! Was I ever bothering anyone else? nope! I never used my storm to port to anyone else, except my own Legendary. Did I take other low level characters through the chancel, why yes I did! Most, by talking to them, already had Legendaries!

Now, I am sorry, that there are a few hooligans that like to come to Celestia, jump in fights and flee. I am sorry that not everyone in this world has morals and ethics, but, you can't tell me I have no right to Level my character any way I want to, or that I have no right to Celestia! That is like me telling you Megan, that even though you paid for this game, you have no right to play it!

So, once again, I will ask of you, do not let some ruin the game for everyone. After all, there are what? 5 Million subscribers? Yeah, that makes everyone rotten to the core right?

As for making the majority happy, I think that is what KI is doing, by not restricting ports! Because you all are obviously the minority group.


My friend had a Grandmaster Balance. She did not like the way she spent her training points. She can't buy them back. She deleted her wizard too. Guess what, we are in Mooshu bringing her Balance back up. You did it your way. We are doing it ours. That is fine.

KI fixed a BUG in the Chancel! They made the Chancel like every other Dungeon and Instance.

If we can't have a world locks, the idea presented here would satisfy me.

I had to change realms so many times in DS my head was spinning. It was so I could complete a quest. So yes I do change realms frequently.

Yes KI can indeed put terms and conditions on their game. Why did they even bother with quest/ story line if that was not how they intended us to play?

I don't see you or how you play as the problem. I am willing to bet your friends stayed with you. It is those rude inconsiderate people that get my goat.

As in real life the majority may pay for the rude obnoxious minority. Go back to 09-24-09 Feedback Friday on this subject. They got 51 pages of answers. From this weeks Feedback Friday KI has stuff in the works. I really hope this issue is top priority. It is causing a huge rift in the community and needs to be addressed. It makes me sad. The game was much different when I started playing.

You sound a lot like I used to.

I will agree to disagree with you on this.

Megan

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
260
(NOTE: Firefan02's son here)

World locks really aren't that bad of an idea. I suppose I would support them if (besides the suggested Krok lock) I wouldn't have been able to progress to the next world when I had finished the main storyline in one world. Why? Going through the entire storyline the first time is an exciting experience, and I didn't want to waste any time on side quests. Not all people like to do side quests. It's a fact of life. I was level 46 when I defeated Malistaire.

The problem with world locks is that it breaks down the friend system to a degree. I like to help out friends, and when I was in MB some friends asked me to help them with the Jade Oni. I helped them, and then (Guess what!) I left.

The whole idea of the 50 step radius is as good a solution as I have ever seen. It allows lower levels who are actually there to help out help their friends, and people who are there to cause trouble get sent packing. Everyone wins.

I can understand the appeal of power leveling. But people who power level on their first wizard miss a lot of the magic of W101. What do you mean, you may ask. By the time I finished the Final Countdown quest (Which I did a few weeks before CL came out) I had been working my fire for several months, barely managing to play the game an hour or so a day, what with school eating the bulk of my time. When I stood there in the commons, wearing my shiny new badge, I felt proud of myself. All of that hard, boring work had payed off. I had beaten the game WITHOUT having to go and be in worlds and dungeons I shouldn't have been in, (besides helping friends) taking the game a little at a time, marveling at all the worlds had to offer, savoring every last moment.

Now on to the part where you've gone through the game and don't want to waste time doing it all over again. I can understand this if you're going through doing the same type of wizard with the same type of secondary school. But most people don't do this. When I hear some one say that they have 6 Legendarys, I imagine 6 different types of wizards that are all Legendary. KI gives us multiple wizard slots so we can experience the different battling styles of the different types of wizard. I am on my second wizard and its fun to probe the strengths and weakness of other schools as I fight my way through the Spiral. And now I have enough patience to do the side quests as well. :P

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
darthjt wrote:
Well, we certainly have a lot of people bothered by lower levels in Celestia.

The problem I see here is, people pay real money to play this game. People pay cash, dollars, euros, MONEY! to play! Not sure if any of you realize this or not. I know I realize this, because I pay to play too. Now, I know those that don't pay, they are stuck in WC, which is fine with me. But those that do pay, who am I to say they don't have a right to what they pay for? Who are you to tell them they don't have a right to what they pay for?

You want to know why KI has not changed the policy, because if someone pays them to play their game, or pays them to go to Celestia, KI will let them. It is a world. I may not like bums and criminals in my town, but I can't stop them being here either. There will always be things in this world that we don't like, it is a cold hard fact. Yet, we learn how to deal with them. This game is not that hard and KI keeps making it easier and easier for you simple minded people and for the kids.

So, my suggestion to you all, is quit being snobs, learn to play your character so you wont die, and learn to adapt and be ready in case a low level jumps into your battle. Go to realms and/or areas that are desserted. I am sorry that many of you may not agree, but if you bought a television, I don't think you would appreciate it if I told you, you can't watch it, you must keep it turned off! How silly would that be? It's yours, you paid for it!

Thank you for your time and please have patience with others.

PS: I did hear someone say that power leveling in Chancel was dumb. My reply to that is;

It is dumb to spend $10.00 on reclaiming training points. So, to delete a Legendary Player and start over, then ranking them up quickly through the chancel so that they are back to where they were (except of course having to do the main quests again to continue the game, although that should be extremely easy as a Legendary), is extremely acceptable. Yet, because of people once again, whining and crying and sticking their noses in everyone else business, KI has fixed the Chancel. Thank you all ever so much!

Now, I am out of cheese, sorry. But I can call you all a Whambulance if need be. Thank you!


A "desserted" area? I think it'd be hard to find a realm in Wizard101 where everything is covered in chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and caramel sauce.

All corny commonly-misspelled-words jokes aside, you make it sound like we're asking KI to re-create the Berlin Wall! We don't like having lower levels (regardless of prior experience) and cheaters in our higher level worlds. Why should we have to inconvenience ourselves by preparing for a wizard who doesn't belong in our world to join our battles and either do nothing or wait until another monster joins and flee? I don't know about you, but that seems a bit unfair to me.

What doesn't make sense to me at all (besides your oversimplified TV analogy, which I will fix later) is this line: "This game is not that hard and KI keeps making it easier and easier for you simple minded people and for the kids." Wait, what? You're the avid supporter for the Chancel, yet you're complaining about the game being too easy? Maybe I'm one of the simple-minded people you just mentioned, but that seems just a tad hypocritical, don't you think?

Now here's my revision of your TV analogy. If you bought a TV with cable, you can watch whatever you want on it; however, for argument's sake let's say you don't live alone. Let's say your stepdaughter started watching things that she isn't old enough to watch. Now do you say, "Cable is evil! We need to dismantle it!"? No, you set up Parental Controls so that you can watch what you want, but she can't.

I guess the PS was directed at me, so here is my rebuttal. First, you seriously thought your stepdaughter would create her own wizard when there were five Legendary wizards available to her? Come on. I mean really, come on. I would've seen this coming from a mile away, and stressed how imperative it was to not spend any training points on any of my wizards. Why didn't you just let her create her own account? I don't care if the President himself asked to use my account; I'd say, "Uh...no! Get your own." You know what, forget it. Shouda, coulda, woulda. Second, given the choice between deleting my Legendary Diviner, erasing all those hours of work, and creating another Legendary Diviner by cheating the system, and spending $10 to buy back my training points? Between dance and college I don't exactly have money to burn, but I'd still spend the $10! I know given all the things you have to spend money on, you need to be frugal. $10 isn't a huge loss. Trust me.

Lastly, I don't know if you realize, but this isn't some single player game you found at Best Buy. This is an MMORPG. What you do on your account directly influences the game for other people, which there are countless examples of including the whole Wild Bolt incident. This is why I will not apologize for "sticking my nose in everyone else's business"; because their is no "my" business in Wizard101. You said thank you to all the "whiners" that caused KI to fix the Chancel? Well, you're welcome.

My suggestion to you? Follow simple directions. KI have been saying that you're not supposed to give account information to anyone forever.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
6
darthjt wrote:
Well, we certainly have a lot of people bothered by lower levels in Celestia.

The problem I see here is, people pay real money to play this game. People pay cash, dollars, euros, MONEY! to play! Not sure if any of you realize this or not. I know I realize this, because I pay to play too. Now, I know those that don't pay, they are stuck in WC, which is fine with me. But those that do pay, who am I to say they don't have a right to what they pay for? Who are you to tell them they don't have a right to what they pay for?

You want to know why KI has not changed the policy, because if someone pays them to play their game, or pays them to go to Celestia, KI will let them. It is a world. I may not like bums and criminals in my town, but I can't stop them being here either. There will always be things in this world that we don't like, it is a cold hard fact. Yet, we learn how to deal with them. This game is not that hard and KI keeps making it easier and easier for you simple minded people and for the kids.

So, my suggestion to you all, is quit being snobs, learn to play your character so you wont die, and learn to adapt and be ready in case a low level jumps into your battle. Go to realms and/or areas that are desserted. I am sorry that many of you may not agree, but if you bought a television, I don't think you would appreciate it if I told you, you can't watch it, you must keep it turned off! How silly would that be? It's yours, you paid for it!

Thank you for your time and please have patience with others.

PS: I did hear someone say that power leveling in Chancel was dumb. My reply to that is;

It is dumb to spend $10.00 on reclaiming training points. So, to delete a Legendary Player and start over, then ranking them up quickly through the chancel so that they are back to where they were (except of course having to do the main quests again to continue the game, although that should be extremely easy as a Legendary), is extremely acceptable. Yet, because of people once again, whining and crying and sticking their noses in everyone else business, KI has fixed the Chancel. Thank you all ever so much!

Now, I am out of cheese, sorry. But I can call you all a Whambulance if need be. Thank you!


Your whole point of people paying for this game is invalid. Its the same thing if you bought a video game at the store, then you jumped to the last level. See what I mean? You can't start a game and expect to go to the last level instantly. It makes no sense. You also talk about being "ready" for low levels to jump in a battle? and you claim you know how to do this? ha. Clearly you haven't experienced it. Also, if, as you say, people should be allowed to go where ever they like and jazz, then why isn't worlds like Celestia open to ANYONE when they first start? Why can't they just stroll in that world on their own?

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
6
Metroid098 wrote:
Flippd wrote:
The most easy thing to do (and im sure this has been said many times) is to make a level limit for each world. Wizard city- all levels, Krok-10-25 Marley 26-35 and so on. This way, if people are porting, at least they are within a level range where they will not ruin the experience for other players.

make it
WC-1+
KT-10+
MB-26+
MS-35+
DS-41+
CL-48+
because, if you changed Krokotopia, people would be missing on the balance spells they can learn that are level 25+ :( :x are all emotions that people would feel if the original version happened
lol i didn't mean for my post to be exact. Clearly was used as an example.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:


A "desserted" area? I think it'd be hard to find a realm in Wizard101 where everything is covered in chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and caramel sauce.

All corny commonly-misspelled-words jokes aside, you make it sound like we're asking KI to re-create the Berlin Wall! We don't like having lower levels (regardless of prior experience) and cheaters in our higher level worlds. Why should we have to inconvenience ourselves by preparing for a wizard who doesn't belong in our world to join our battles and either do nothing or wait until another monster joins and flee? I don't know about you, but that seems a bit unfair to me.

What doesn't make sense to me at all (besides your oversimplified TV analogy, which I will fix later) is this line: "This game is not that hard and KI keeps making it easier and easier for you simple minded people and for the kids." Wait, what? You're the avid supporter for the Chancel, yet you're complaining about the game being too easy? Maybe I'm one of the simple-minded people you just mentioned, but that seems just a tad hypocritical, don't you think?


You are simple minded, aren't you? No, it is not hypocritical. The whole point is, it is monotonous to fight and fight and fight the same enemies over and over again to get an item to move on in a quest, so yes, having taken my character back up to Legendary and still saying this game is too easy, because I can do it even if I don't power level, but it is faster if I do!

Now here's my revision of your TV analogy. If you bought a TV with cable, you can watch whatever you want on it; however, for argument's sake let's say you don't live alone. Let's say your stepdaughter started watching things that she isn't old enough to watch. Now do you say, "Cable is evil! We need to dismantle it!"? No, you set up Parental Controls so that you can watch what you want, but she can't.

That would be a good Fix to my analogy if your stepdaughter was living with you, was not 18 and was not paying for that cable! Sorry, but in this case, You are living with your stepdaughter, she is over 18, and she is paying for the cable! Now, you can suggest all you like, but by no means does she have to listen to you!

I guess the PS was directed at me, so here is my rebuttal. First, you seriously thought your stepdaughter would create her own wizard when there were five Legendary wizards available to her? Come on. I mean really, come on. I would've seen this coming from a mile away, and stressed how imperative it was to not spend any training points on any of my wizards. Why didn't you just let her create her own account? I don't care if the President himself asked to use my account; I'd say, "Uh...no! Get your own." You know what, forget it. Shouda, coulda, woulda. Second, given the choice between deleting my Legendary Diviner, erasing all those hours of work, and creating another Legendary Diviner by cheating the system, and spending $10 to buy back my training points? Between dance and college I don't exactly have money to burn, but I'd still spend the $10! I know given all the things you have to spend money on, you need to be frugal. $10 isn't a huge loss. Trust me.

I have already paid for 2 full accounts, I have one open slot on an account. If she decided to keep playing wizards, she could keep that character and not have to start over and I would not have to pay for another account for 1 character. But honestly, I don't see this as any of your concern. What I decide to do, is strictly my business! Thank you

Lastly, I don't know if you realize, but this isn't some single player game you found at Best Buy. This is an MMORPG. What you do on your account directly influences the game for other people, which there are countless examples of including the whole Wild Bolt incident. This is why I will not apologize for "sticking my nose in everyone else's business"; because their is no "my" business in Wizard101. You said thank you to all the "whiners" that caused KI to fix the Chancel? Well, you're welcome.

My suggestion to you? Follow simple directions. KI have been saying that you're not supposed to give account information to anyone forever.


Yes, my point exactly, what you all say and do here, can affect the game, that is why, I am here stating my points. You all should be ashamed of yourself. Thinking you can boss everyone around and telling people how they should or should not play! Now, I apologize for those hooligans out there that do find it funny to join in Celestia battles, just to bring in more enemies and then flee. However, it is wrong of each and every one of you, to let this small fraction of immature characters bother you to the point that you want to ruin the game for everyone else. Or that it gives you the right to tell everyone else what is acceptable play and what isn't! Or where I should spend my money or not!!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Flippd wrote:


Your whole point of people paying for this game is invalid. Its the same thing if you bought a video game at the store, then you jumped to the last level. See what I mean? You can't start a game and expect to go to the last level instantly. It makes no sense. You also talk about being "ready" for low levels to jump in a battle? and you claim you know how to do this? ha. Clearly you haven't experienced it. Also, if, as you say, people should be allowed to go where ever they like and jazz, then why isn't worlds like Celestia open to ANYONE when they first start? Why can't they just stroll in that world on their own?


See, people like this is what I am talking about! My point is invalid! Hello McFly! Let me put it to you in your Video Gaming Terms!

I have played all the way through it and beat the game. Now, I can chose to play all the way through it, or jump to the end! I can also take player 2 to any point in the game that I so desire, even the end! Most games have this option and you can't tell me they don't because you would by lying!

So, next time, get a better point or think about what you post before you come on here saying my points are invalid!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Flippd wrote:


Your whole point of people paying for this game is invalid. Its the same thing if you bought a video game at the store, then you jumped to the last level. See what I mean? You can't start a game and expect to go to the last level instantly. It makes no sense. You also talk about being "ready" for low levels to jump in a battle? and you claim you know how to do this? ha. Clearly you haven't experienced it. Also, if, as you say, people should be allowed to go where ever they like and jazz, then why isn't worlds like Celestia open to ANYONE when they first start? Why can't they just stroll in that world on their own?


This is what I am talking about right here! These people who just come on here and post anything without even thinking!

My post is invalid? Hello McFly! Let me break it down to you, in Gamer Terms and video games so as you might understand!

Ok, you know those vidoe games that have levels as your progress? The ones you can go back to the levels again if you want to? Even when you beat the game, you can pick any level you want to? Did you know, if it is a 2 player or multiplayer game, you can take your friend to your level? Any level you want? including the end? Even though, they have not even played the game?

Calm down, it will be ok! I know this must be shocking news to you and I am sorry to be the one to burst your bubble, not that you had much air in it!

Anyway, please think about your posts before you say mine are invalid, I would hate to make you look dumber than you are!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
I'm someone who doesn't mind it. If I was sick of it, I wouldn't let my friend on Emily Spiritriver, Jessica Iceriver (Level 18 fire menu chat only) port to me when I'm in MooShu. And I did this a lot when my main wizard, Caroline was little.

2