Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Permanent Henchman

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
I was wondering how to make the game more solo friendly.

A number of other MMORPG games allow for permanent henchman, and not just companions, who are quite good. Check out Everquest and EQ2 as examples. Perhaps Ki could provide for the purchase using crowns of one permanent henchman who would level to the same level as the player character or even be a few levels above the player character.. This would allow for easier soloing by just about every class, which is a problem right now.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sandy20850 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
I was wondering how to make the game more solo friendly.

A number of other MMORPG games allow for permanent henchman, and not just companions, who are quite good. Check out Everquest and EQ2 as examples. Perhaps Ki could provide for the purchase using crowns of one permanent henchman who would level to the same level as the player character or even be a few levels above the player character.. This would allow for easier soloing by just about every class, which is a problem right now.
Pets and Minions are the same thing. I doubt this will happen since the henchmen as they are now are a nice money maker for KI. sorry

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Pets are just a minor benefit. The game is LONG overdue in not having permanent henchman as you would see in Pirates 101 and with many other types of online games such as Everquest. Everquest II etc.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
you could buy one five times the price of a temporary henchmen and whenever your in a battle it will ask, "do you want the help of a henchmen"? if you say yes, it will ask which one, if you bought multiple henchmen. only one henchmen per battle. that's right, you can buy multiple henchmen!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
purrfectgirl on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
you could buy one five times the price of a temporary henchmen and whenever your in a battle it will ask, "do you want the help of a henchmen"? if you say yes, it will ask which one, if you bought multiple henchmen. only one henchmen per battle. that's right, you can buy multiple henchmen!
I am confused. How do I get one by paying 5 times the price? Do I buy it five times? Moreover, won't this only work for 5 uses?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sandy20850 on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
Pets are just a minor benefit. The game is LONG overdue in not having permanent henchman as you would see in Pirates 101 and with many other types of online games such as Everquest. Everquest II etc.
This is not Pirates or Everquest.

the game functions perfectly well with the content already in place

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Ravenlady, no one is saying that Wiz 101 is the same as Pirates 101 or EQ etc. However, most of the other MMORPG games have the ability to level and use some powerful henchmen to help with this. This is NOT true for Wiz 101.

Moreover, if I am starting a dungeon, it isn't always easy to get a group. A lot of luck is involved as to whether there are people who want to start that dungeon at the same time.

Thus, we have tougher soloing and tougher ability to get groups when compared to many other comparable MMORPGs. Having access to a permanent, strong henchmen would greatly help in solving the problem