Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

packs frustration and possible favorites pack idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2009
throughout my time playing wizard101 i've never had ANY luck with crowns and packs even on the test realm, i'm not very wealthy but like this game so am willing to pay the monthly fee, however every once in a while i'll buy a few crowns and try my best to get some good stuff with them. Sadly when it comes to packs i've had absolutely 0 luck whatsoever even in the test realm, overall i've NEVER gotten something from a pack that was worth the crowns, and i normally buy from the ones offereing better items such as keepers lore shamans lore islanders hoard pharoahs hoard but never once have i picked up some jade gear or a misty mountain mandolin,teeth of lord of night, frosty stare tiki torch, or lunar sceptor of anubis. this makes me very frustrated because i often ask other people how many packs it took them to get one of the items i want and there normal reply is ususally in the 4-10k crowns range. but with me i have spent over 30k crowns in my wiz career ( early 2009-) and have never ever gotten anything really good, witch becomes increasingly frustrating for top lvl pvp were the only good wands are from packs and the second best are hte hades wands witch are sheer critical and nothing else, my suggestion is to either make drop rates of the packs favorable items either higher or make a favorites pack instead costing 1k crowns rather then 400 but item quality is MUCH MUCH better so for example the pack would contain items that most of the packs are bought for in the first place such as wands like the ones mentioned above, jade gear royal fusiliers gear and some mega snacks and helpful reagents would be amazing to me because i'm getting sick of having such terrible luck with pakcs whilst everyone else seems to be having much much better luck on the packs then i do

-William Dawncloud

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
William Dawncloud on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
throughout my time playing wizard101 i've never had ANY luck with crowns and packs even on the test realm, i'm not very wealthy but like this game so am willing to pay the monthly fee, however every once in a while i'll buy a few crowns and try my best to get some good stuff with them. Sadly when it comes to packs i've had absolutely 0 luck whatsoever even in the test realm, overall i've NEVER gotten something from a pack that was worth the crowns, and i normally buy from the ones offereing better items such as keepers lore shamans lore islanders hoard pharoahs hoard but never once have i picked up some jade gear or a misty mountain mandolin,teeth of lord of night, frosty stare tiki torch, or lunar sceptor of anubis. this makes me very frustrated because i often ask other people how many packs it took them to get one of the items i want and there normal reply is ususally in the 4-10k crowns range. but with me i have spent over 30k crowns in my wiz career ( early 2009-) and have never ever gotten anything really good, witch becomes increasingly frustrating for top lvl pvp were the only good wands are from packs and the second best are hte hades wands witch are sheer critical and nothing else, my suggestion is to either make drop rates of the packs favorable items either higher or make a favorites pack instead costing 1k crowns rather then 400 but item quality is MUCH MUCH better so for example the pack would contain items that most of the packs are bought for in the first place such as wands like the ones mentioned above, jade gear royal fusiliers gear and some mega snacks and helpful reagents would be amazing to me because i'm getting sick of having such terrible luck with pakcs whilst everyone else seems to be having much much better luck on the packs then i do

-William Dawncloud
All drops are random, including from the packs.
The only solution is to stop buying them.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
RavenLady777 on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
All drops are random, including from the packs.
The only solution is to stop buying them.
Could not have phrased that better myself

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
William Dawncloud on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:

-William Dawncloud
want some cool stuff? do Tartarus, mount Olympus (Gladiator), Atlantea, mirror lake, waterworks, winterbane, or midnight sun pagoda, or you can try to be a beggar, but I highly don't recommend it. want pets? hatch.

Simple as that, look at RavenLady's post too.

~Luke NightTalon lvl77