Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pacing of Game Elements

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
A lot of players may feel that the late game of Wizard 101 seems to drag on.

It occurred to me, beginning with the Celestia and Pet updates, that the problem is the placing of new game elements.

One of the things I loved most about Wizard 101 (and what turned me into a subscribing player) is that, initially, every new region brought with it new game elements -- first attack spells, then health potions and minigames, housing, etc.

But after leaving Wizard City the rate of new features drops off. And after Marleybone barely a new game element is seen at all until Celestia's three new schools.

I went to the trouble of making a spreadsheet to show how the amount of new features and pace is concentrated very heavily in Wizard City and elements are introduced very early in the game.

**Edited by Zeke*** While we appreciate your diligence and work, we cannot allow unauthorized URLs to be posted to the site.

I would suggest spreading out the introduction of game elements - introduce some new elements later in the game. You could even move some of the existing game elements that are introduced so early to spots further out in the game, so that the game can stay fresh and enjoyable for longer.