Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Option to not fight.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
If we could just have button that puts on fight or non-fight mode, this means that we can not get stuck on fights we do not need and not waste time. There is really no drawback to this as everyone gets frustrated when they waste valuable time on fights they do not need. It might not seem like such a big deal in the early worlds, but when you hit worlds like Avalon and Azteca when the street monsters start to intensify a little bit, then it becomes a bit of a problem. This way we don't have to walk to the side all the time to avoid street fights. We could walk straight through and waste absolutely no time at all.

So, Agree or Disagree?

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! that's what everyone wants to happen and I can't believe KI never did it! But you are totally right that needs to happen!

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Agree! I don't think this does any harm to you, other wizards, or anything! We could finally relax and just speed through!

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I personally disagree. I think it adds some type of being scared but excited at the same time, to be near the rode knowing that you can get into a fight. I like the idea of walking on the side to avoid getting into battles. I think it's kind of surprising and funny at the same time when you get pulled. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Leesha StarForge, level 63

Explorer
May 19, 2014
Agreed.Because even if you stick to sidewalks you get pulled in, and sometimes there are no sidewalks and there is this big rock or something obstacle that forces you to turn around,most of the time from this you get pulled in (Zafaria quit acting innocent) But even if you avoid the rock turn you're probably likely to be pulled in before you turn to face the wall.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
I have to disagree, it would ruin the whole idea of street fights (they could happen anytime) plus, the idea of dodge movement exists (aslong as the enemy dosen't see you, it wont hurt you (litteraly))

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 35

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
Leesha Starforge on May 3, 2015 wrote:
I personally disagree. I think it adds some type of being scared but excited at the same time, to be near the rode knowing that you can get into a fight. I like the idea of walking on the side to avoid getting into battles. I think it's kind of surprising and funny at the same time when you get pulled. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Leesha StarForge, level 63
Yeah, while also being completely irritating.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
In places where i am right now, like tyrigan gorge, it is almost impossible to walk through the small space without getting picked up by one of those digger drones. This happened to me yesterday and then three other wizards joined, one at a time after each drone fell. I ended up wasting 25 minutes just to clear up the mess i had gotten my self into. I don't flee because then i have to go all the way back and, plus i lose all of my mana.

All i am saying is that if KI won't include my idea, can they at least make it that we still can keep our mana after fleeing? This of course won't apply to boss fights, just regular street fights.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Well in real life you can't ask your enemy to not fight you. A better idea would be ACTUAL sidewalks. I mean in Wizard City and Krokotopia they work quite well, but then there's this colossal block in your way and can't get through. Or you're pulled even when in the sidewalks! Maybe at a forcefield at the edge of the sidewalks, so players know what's the safety area? Dungeons included too.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Then whats the challenge in the Spiral? This idea hopefully will never be implemented. It would just be to easy to win the game and level up to level 100.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
As far as I'm concerned there is a disadvantage to it. (And no it's not what EVERYONE wants to happen) If you don't want to spend the time fighting after you get pulled in, then take a little extra time to make a dash when there's an opening. Personally, I'm annoyed when I'm in a 4-on-4 street fight and a wandering wizard decides to run in and jump around in the middle of our fight. It's a pet peeve of mine that goes all the way back to fighting the Triton in Wizard City. Common courtesy would dictate that you don't interfere. Unfortunately, there's not necessarily an excess of common courtesy that's prevalent in the game. The problem with implementing the "no fight" option is that you wouldn't even have to be in a full battle for this to be possible. It could even happen in a 1-on1 or 1-on-2. There are people who will do this just because they can, and more that will do it especially if they think it's annoying someone. Yeah, it's a small issue but I feel strongly about it. It messes up my vibe.
My opinion: don't be cutting through my battle circle unless you intend to fight.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I like this idea, with some limits.

If, for instance, you are porting to someone who is in battle, your stance toward enemies in the target area will be set to Adversary and you WILL get pulled into the battle; or into a new circle of your own, if the battle circle is already full and other mobs are nearby.

If you're just passing through an area to get to another area, you can set your battle stance to Neutral and it will not pull you if you encounter enemies. You appear translucent the same way you do when you have just finished a battle and have temporary immunity.

This goes away if a) you change realms b) you step onto a sigil c) you log off.

It does NOT go away if you a) change zones within the same realm b) port to someone who is NOT in battle c) your connection times out or your client crashes.

Needless to say, you may not set your stance to neutral inside any dungeon or instance. (Sorry folks who were hoping to avoid getting pulled by ice skeletons in Tartarus)

Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
Please remember that having the fight mode would mean that even IF you don't like the idea, you can just leave it turned off ( meaning that you are willing to fight) and let other wizards who prefer to not fight to leave it switched on.