Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Opt out of off school Loremaster spells?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 22, 2016
So...I don't farm Loremaster, or buy packs.

Mainly because the last time I did that, I ended up getting two off school spells, the Winter Moon and Savage Paw, on my Death wizard at the time.

Now, don't ask me why, but this bugged me out major.

Since I was only going for the Death Loremaster spells, Deer Knight and that Triceratops mummy thingy, both of which I obtained, I tried to contact support and have them remove the two spells I didn't want.

They refused.

It weighed on my mind until I eventually just abandoned the account.

Nathan is still there, with the Lion mount and Master Diplomat title, the Life Mastery Amulet I bought him, and so on and so forth.

Nathan was the prototype for Morgrim in a way.

I think...yeah, Nathan was on my old account, back when I was "Mister Peanut"

Just thinking about those two unwanted spells that latched unto my character and wouldn't let go bugs me to no end, so I'm gonna resume trying to forgot he exists.

I'm not always a rational creature...

Anyway, those Loremaster spells would come in handy, but the only way I can get them (and only them, no extra off school ones) is to craft them...

- but I'd like them sooner.

So, umm...maybe add an option to prevent you from getting spells outside of your chosen school?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
There's no reason for this. If you don't like the off school spells, don't use them. The odds of getting any spell is the same for every user, just as it should be. Opting out would actually lower your chances of getting the spell you want.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
I don't understand why you would be upset about getting those ones. I have many loremaster spells and got winter moon before I got any of the two fire spells (FYI I am a fire wizard) and I was very exited to have gotten a loremaster spell. Even if those are useless for you, isn't it a great thing to just think that you have gotten two of the loremaster' spells? Especially savage paw. Savage paw is a very rare one. Just think about this, I have both fire spells, both ice spells, deer knight, goat monk, catalan (Which is the one storm spell), and I am on the verge of being able to craft keeper of the flame. Although I have both fire spells and all of those other spells, I would love to have had savage paw because of how rare it is. Even if you would love to have your school's spells but don't, I don't see why this bugs you so much to have those spells.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Blaze Deathward on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
I don't understand why you would be upset about getting those ones. I have many loremaster spells and got winter moon before I got any of the two fire spells (FYI I am a fire wizard) and I was very exited to have gotten a loremaster spell. Even if those are useless for you, isn't it a great thing to just think that you have gotten two of the loremaster' spells? Especially savage paw. Savage paw is a very rare one. Just think about this, I have both fire spells, both ice spells, deer knight, goat monk, catalan (Which is the one storm spell), and I am on the verge of being able to craft keeper of the flame. Although I have both fire spells and all of those other spells, I would love to have had savage paw because of how rare it is. Even if you would love to have your school's spells but don't, I don't see why this bugs you so much to have those spells.
I can see where the OP is coming from, the other school lore spells aren't of much use to him especially if you're not going to pvp. Let's be honest, deer knight is way more useful for death than winter moon is and can help out a lot in 2v2 and questing. I don't see any reason to use winter moon when you are questing as it is very weak in comparison to other spells and it isn't aoe either so it serves very little purpose. For pvp, this spell could be of use but you would need an ice mastery to even consider using it and arena gear for the extra damage. To the OP: while the off school spells may not be useful for you, you don't need to reset and make another character and if opt out of getting other spells, you would still probably have the same chance of getting a death lore spell but with the added disadvantage of not receiving any other spells while you are farming for death lores. The off school spells are somewhat useful for pvp like winter moon, luminous and especially Loremaster and I have seen many low lvl players using strategies that involve around off school lore spells, so don't treat them as completely useless.

Lvl 110
Lvl 83
Lvl 25

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I ran my Balance wiz up against the Loremaster so many times they gave me a parking space with my name on it. Of course, like all other Balance wizards I wanted the Loremaster spell. And, of course, it was the last spell I got from her. In the process however, I got all thirteen of the other spells. Sure, most of them never get used but it's still cool to have them in my spell book. I can honestly say that not once during the entire time I was farming her did I ever consider abandoning that wizard. It's almost like saying "Someone just gave me the world but I'm upset because it's spinning in the wrong direction".

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Honestly, removing off-school spells would just lower the chance of getting a spell in the first place.

Victoria Fairyheart