Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Omen drops and their need to change. Badly.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2015
I write this as an upset farmer.

You guys need to change the way drops work on Omen in Polaris.

I have been farming him pretty much none stop for the past few days across three different characters in the same battle. All I wanted from this guy was really the hat and the shoes for fire school for my fire. I've gotten the shoes a couple days ago. I need the hat. I'm not getting the hat. I am mad.

What has tipped my frustration so much that I am messaging you is that I just finished another fight in which all three characters got a mastery amulet on those drops. All of them. The only piece of gear was an amulet.

First of all, take off the no trade. All other dropped amulets are able to trade and these should be too.

Second of all, this is absurd. I have gotten well over 50 amulets dropped in total across all of the characters that I have played him on. The high drop rate is nice

But

What is NOT nice is when these drops count for the gear drop you get at the end of the fight. I am getting multiples of these now. nobody on earth needs these things in multiples ESPECIALLY when they are no trade, which again should be changed.

Please,

For the love of god,

Change this.

It is insane that I should have all of these amulets (and mounts, btw which I have incredible numbers of as well). Literally, no one needs that many mounts or amulets. And when everyone gets an amulet as a drop instead of actual gear? That's beyond ridiculous.

What you need to do is either change the rate of drops to amulets to something much lower so that I can get real chances of actual gear,

Or a better option is to make the amulet drop its own slot. Like give the character a piece of actual usable gear instead of...

No, actually, you know what?

Just take out the any class gear that no one will ever use in a million years, that would be even better,

But seeing as how I know you won't do that, please just make it so that I get a drop at the end of the fight that is promised but that can't be over taken by an amulet.

This is honestly worse than the way Darkmoor used to be. Worse than darkmoor now, even with the second chance chest. The pool of drops is erroneously larger than Darkmoor is. 1/12 chance of getting what you want in darkmoor. With mastery amulets, bad gear sets, good gear sets, and crowns gear... Everything has a 1/32 chance of dropping. This is absurd.

P.S. I've literally gotten nearly everything else on every other character AND I've gotten everything that could drop on the fire with the exception of the fire hat.

Update: I farmed the boss four more times after submitting this to KI (because that's what I did at first. I had another round of everyone getting a mastery amulet. Not only that, but I had a round where two out of three characters got their hat for their class... an you guessed it, the fire was not one of those.

Two of these characters have linked accounts. You should be able to trade drops if you have linked accounts. Change my 3 balance hats into a fire.