Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Offline Mode/option?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Hello, a longtime Wizard101 fan here. I was wondering if it was possible to make an Offline mode for the game. A mode where you don't have to be connected to the servers to enjoy it and still keep your save data between Online and Offline. It would greatly increase the lifespan of Wizard101 because since people would know that their save data will never be deleted unless by the player themselves, they'll want to "100%" as much content that you keep adding. If it's not possible I understand. Doesn't make the game any less fun.

Thank you for reading.

Defender
May 17, 2014
It's a great idea and im sure that most of us want it but... it's simply impossible. I'd rather not go into detail since it's complicated.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Super Xnot on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
Hello, a longtime Wizard101 fan here. I was wondering if it was possible to make an Offline mode for the game. A mode where you don't have to be connected to the servers to enjoy it and still keep your save data between Online and Offline. It would greatly increase the lifespan of Wizard101 because since people would know that their save data will never be deleted unless by the player themselves, they'll want to "100%" as much content that you keep adding. If it's not possible I understand. Doesn't make the game any less fun.

Thank you for reading.
I am sure many would love the offline option BUT, if you are playing offline and something goes wrong, KI would have no record of it. This in itself would be a bad situation. If you encounter some glitches or can't complete a quest, there is nothing KI can do to help you resolve the issues.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Wizard101 is meant to be a team game. You would have to do solo questing, and you couldn't do the hard dungeons like Darkmoor. And what if you get bored of fighting, crafting, or other things? You can't talk to anyone, and you can't find someone to hatch a pet either. Also, it's not possible to transfer data between the 2 modes because you need an internet connection, and if you have one, there's no point in using offline.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Since I did not really read previous replies, I don't think the OP understands that this is an internet-based game. Everything you do gets sent to a server, where it saves your progress and all of your items. There would be no such thing as an offline mode. I do agree it would have its pros, but the software the game is made from, as well as the engine, just does not work like Minecraft and other games do.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Personally if I was in the place of kingisle I would make a version of wizard101 / pirate101 that on disk aka for PS4 and Xbox 1. This would be playable in wifi free mode with out ever having to log into real game. This would cost 80s and would allow the player to play the game. The game would allow a player to move into a multiplayer realm at choice but would be mostly single player. (Yes many dungeons would need to be adjusted but lots of money)

Defender
May 27, 2013
I would just like to have an off-line version of the crowns houses and characters.
One sad day, KI will eventually flush W101 (hopefully no time soon, however). When that happens, seeing as how we've paid direct money for bundles and major crowns houses, it would be nice to be able to at least keep a version, plus a version of our characters...that we could download (for crowns, of course) for keeping off-line. These would not be interactive with the actual game, just updateable from time to time (for yet more crowns).

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Its totally possible. ppl just don't want to do it. Get a old pc and look in to making your own server and start a little game if that's what your in to and maybe you'll be the person that can bring something new to our gaming community.