Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not Acceptable

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Hello to all and welcome to my thread! Angel Hex here.

Today I have created this thread to all who are mainly in PvP or anywhere else you have seen this.

No, this is not one of those threads that explain how PvP is unfair. Please do not bring that here.

Today on my Balance wizard I decided do a little PvPing, during the battle, some of the opponent's friends decided to showed up. They also decided to harass me saying unkindly words similar to: Fail, You're bad, Spam (Spell) more please and even more awful disturbing comments on how I was not very good at PvP.

I understand that there is a reason for the ignore button provided but I should not have to put them on ignore! Especially during a match when I could not afford anymore distractions and I should not even have to put up with distractions while the match is going on!
Anyway, the match continued as always and I could not focus. The end was near and I was defeated. I left unhappily because of the harassing and poor sportsmanship conduct. After a couple of hours I decided to do some questing and the thought of the harassing was still at the top of my focus.

I soon began to think of how this is making a big effect on me. Please take a moment to put yourself in my situation at this time. Now that you have, how do you feel? Let me first explain how I feel. Depressing, upset, mind full of sorrow, mad and more. I could not get this disturbing happening out of my head!

Now think of the children playing Wizard101. I could not imagine the pain of a young one's feeling right now. Who knows what a child could be doing for those couple of days being upset. I am not going to show my opinion for this because it is just going to be more horrific to those who are reading this.

Now for the main part of my thread that I am restating. Once again, I should not have to put an unknown player on ignore while I am in a match. I understand it is not considered as a report able offense according to this part of Prospector Zeke's Thread and Posts here. People want to watch their friends duel, I can see that, but please make it so the audience's texts are not seen to the two that are going against one another and should only be seen by wizards that are only watching the duel.

I think this idea would improve the game much more around the PvP vicinity because then people would not ever be distracted again and could focus on the opponent without themselves feeling full of sorrow.

Please post if you think if this is a good idea or a bad idea. I would be glad to see everyone's opinion on this.

I also know that there have been many threads created similar to this.

Thank you for your time, reading my thread.

Angel Hex,
Student in Balance, Storm and Myth magic.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I completely agree with you. I had someone do this to me and they kept saying the ice was horrible, I was weak, and I am such a noob. For your info, I have been playing W101 for a lot longer than he had and he was ice. I was at least 60 levels higher than him and it amazes me how some people can be so rude. I think that the people fighting should be in their own little space. If one of them want to say something, that's fine. Everyone should be able to hear it. But the audience members shouldn't be heard, especially if they are being horribly rude.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
sure makes you wish there was a thing that rewarded that behavior with an automatic loss.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Such inappropriate behavior is reportable, if it infringes on your enjoyment of the game. It is harassment and bullying, both reportable offenses, even if they don't result in sanctions.

I'd also suggest that such deliberate harassment should be reported directly to Kings Isle support, via an e-mail ticket, labeled as "Player Misconduct". If you encounter this behavior again, open up your chat log as large as it will expand, and screenshot the dialogue, then send those attachments along with your support ticket. Make sure the other wizards' names are displayed, so that Kings Isle can identify them and investigate each one of the bullies' report and sanction history.

There is currently a group of bullies known to troll others' matches, insult their intelligence and skill, correct their spelling, and generally try to disrupt the victim's focus on the match. They help their like-minded friends win and rank up by repeating the same harassing behaviors as they follow along to each other's matches. They are well known in the arena, and I think it's time for Kings Isle to remove them from the game.

It will take a group effort to root out this entrenched clan of bullies, so I hope everyone who encounters them will follow the procedure of reporting and following up with support tickets and screen shots.

And remember: Don't engage them at all. Trolls need to be fed, or they get confused and wander away, which is exactly what you want them to do

Warmest Regards,

Canny B Moone

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
~I was in your "shoes" about a few weeks ago Mr. Magicman1064. I was in PvP against a and pior to dueling him, his friends arrived to watch. They were completly harassing me and they followed me around to every match I went too with even more anger because I defeated their friend. While equipped with Jade Attire and being a Theurgist I heaed occasionally. Prior to using Ignore an/or Report they only got more angry....and as well I thought of the children that witness this and the sexual harassment that occurs in this game....
Anyways, the community needs to realize this and fix this. And next time, (IF someone reports you) don't get upset due to fear(or anythin else) of losing your account. If you got reported you probably deserved it for behavior, language, etc. This actually gives you(player) the chance to learn from it and make things right. Thank you for this thread and farewell.
~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald...

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
magicman1064 on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
sure makes you wish there was a thing that rewarded that behavior with an automatic loss.
it wasn't his opponent it was his opponents friends you shouldn't be punished for adding people

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Greek and Roman Go... on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
I completely agree with you. I had someone do this to me and they kept saying the ice was horrible, I was weak, and I am such a noob. For your info, I have been playing W101 for a lot longer than he had and he was ice. I was at least 60 levels higher than him and it amazes me how some people can be so rude. I think that the people fighting should be in their own little space. If one of them want to say something, that's fine. Everyone should be able to hear it. But the audience members shouldn't be heard, especially if they are being horribly rude.
Greek and Roman Go...

Yes, this is why I hope a new option will be made saying "Private match" then players could not join or either the idea of audience's texts could not be seen by the two people dueling against each other.

magicman1064

Not something like that. The opponent should not be delivered an automatic loss because of their friend taunting the opposite opponent.

Canny B Moone

According to the Prospector Zeke link I provided, being rude is not report able. It also states to use the ignore button when in need but in my thread this is very different.

I guess what you say about the reporting is valid, as the Terms of Use, Use of this site 1. T transmit not any harassing.

This is the internet and to people that have the open chat need to be reminded that it is a privilege. If they do not follow it then once reported they should lose that privilege or at least be given one warning first.

We need to stop this immediately. Which is why the idea of people watching duels should not be heard when commenting is a great idea for this situation as they may not interfere with duels.

Thank you for the tips about the trolls. I hope they will start being delivered severe punishments.

Emerald9649

I agree with you and you are indeed correct.

The Wizard101 Community is starting to be very crude and very much unsafe for children with all the internet bullying. This must be dealt with quickly.
I hope my plan will be at least considered because at least one option should say if you want to be in a private match when PvPing or not to be, somewhat like a Private match "On" or Off" button.

Angel Hex,

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Emerald9649 on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
~I was in your "shoes" about a few weeks ago Mr. Magicman1064. I was in PvP against a and pior to dueling him, his friends arrived to watch. They were completly harassing me and they followed me around to every match I went too with even more anger because I defeated their friend. While equipped with Jade Attire and being a Theurgist I heaed occasionally. Prior to using Ignore an/or Report they only got more angry....and as well I thought of the children that witness this and the sexual harassment that occurs in this game....
Anyways, the community needs to realize this and fix this. And next time, (IF someone reports you) don't get upset due to fear(or anythin else) of losing your account. If you got reported you probably deserved it for behavior, language, etc. This actually gives you(player) the chance to learn from it and make things right. Thank you for this thread and farewell.
~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald...
Use the ignore button profusely and fast. I take everyone off ignore every sunday, and I've had times when there is upwards of 60 people on my list. The sexual harassment thing is just plain disturbing, considering your playing a set-face child avatar... and I report pretty much anyone who does a large scale no-no (going "I'm a Kingsisle Employee give me tc or I ban you"in the commons is one that gets on my nerves, as is when [sorry if you don't like this moderators, but its true] my sexual orientation or brain capacity are challenged). that was a very confusing parentheses for me, so sorry to anyone who got lost, but yes don't take reports to heart, Kingsisle has done fairly well by me on all the ones I accumulated (mainly "Cheating" in pvp whenever I win).

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
1320Wraith on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Use the ignore button profusely and fast. I take everyone off ignore every sunday, and I've had times when there is upwards of 60 people on my list. The sexual harassment thing is just plain disturbing, considering your playing a set-face child avatar... and I report pretty much anyone who does a large scale no-no (going "I'm a Kingsisle Employee give me tc or I ban you"in the commons is one that gets on my nerves, as is when [sorry if you don't like this moderators, but its true] my sexual orientation or brain capacity are challenged). that was a very confusing parentheses for me, so sorry to anyone who got lost, but yes don't take reports to heart, Kingsisle has done fairly well by me on all the ones I accumulated (mainly "Cheating" in pvp whenever I win).
Critical Blizzard

Correct as stated in my second post in this thread.

1320Wraith

I have seen more of impersonating staff such as "My friends dad works with Kingisle, would you like to be banned? " I have not seen a staff member in the Wizard101 game yet but I know what they are saying is a lie and you cannot be banned because winning is not against the rules.
They were most likely frustrated because of the loss in PvP. Do you think my thread is a good idea for situations like this?

Angel Hex,

Squire
May 10, 2013
Yes you are right. This was completely NOT acceptable.

Now in test realm,

Me and My friend (15 & 11)

Were fighting level 50's.

Now, that was kinda hard.

They cheated. They would Storm Lord every 3 turns,
They would Fire Dragon every 4 turns.

We lost (I lost my Warlord title :(

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
PlayHard101 on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:

Now in test realm,

Were there some wizards that were being rude and harassing you that were not dueling against you?

Angel Hex,

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
PlayHard101 on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:

Now in test realm,

I've only ever found a few people who've cheated, one person who had a 9001 damage first turn snow serpent(which I'm assuming was just hacked), and then some people with cheat engines showing them what spell you choose. Once you hit Warlord, its either keep changing strategy or keep losing rank.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
1320Wraith on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
One of Headmaster Ambrose's posts states that KI employees have a special badge. If one refuses to show you this badge, don't belive a word they say.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Krokenguy on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
One of Headmaster Ambrose's posts states that KI employees have a special badge. If one refuses to show you this badge, don't belive a word they say.
Oh, I see now. Thanks for telling us.

Angel Hex,