Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Normal" Clothes

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
71
I think it would be a great idea for there to be some "normal" clothing sets available in the game - you know, things like hoodies, t-shirts, beanies for hats, etc. They wouldn't have any stats, and could be available in the crown shop either as little bundles, or individual items!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
Soul330 on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
I think it would be a great idea for there to be some "normal" clothing sets available in the game - you know, things like hoodies, t-shirts, beanies for hats, etc. They wouldn't have any stats, and could be available in the crown shop either as little bundles, or individual items!
not really into this idea; we're wizards, and this is a fantasy game, thus our clothes reflect that.

(ps: the rockin' outfit is a quest reward and is the closest you'll get to a "normal" outfit; they're not auctionable, so you won't find them in the bazaar, but you can do the quest to get it.)

-von

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
307
Dr Von on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
not really into this idea; we're wizards, and this is a fantasy game, thus our clothes reflect that.

(ps: the rockin' outfit is a quest reward and is the closest you'll get to a "normal" outfit; they're not auctionable, so you won't find them in the bazaar, but you can do the quest to get it.)

-von
Exactly! Wizards arent exactly normal people, they are wizards. First of all, wizards need to look like actual WIZARDS, by wearing things like robes, and having wands. If wizards and magic spells existed, you wouldnt see wizards roaming the streets, looking like random teenagers. And you wouldnt see teenagers and normal people carrying magic wands.

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
101
Hmm you make this look like Roblox if you know what I'm talking about.This isn't Roblox,Roblox has a lot of people wearing stuff that makes them look cool and plus what is the idea of wearing hoodies it kinda defeats the purpose.Also if your that kinda person that doesn't get a lot of friends stitch cool outfits to get friends.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
71
I think it would be cool to at least have the option to wear "normal" looking things. I think it'd be cute. And I'm fairly certain that if wizards did exist, they would, in fact, wear normal clothes when out and about.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
307
Soul330 on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
I think it would be cool to at least have the option to wear "normal" looking things. I think it'd be cute. And I'm fairly certain that if wizards did exist, they would, in fact, wear normal clothes when out and about.
Yes, they would, just like in Harry Potter, but in this game the wizards are not out and about in their everyday lives. They are STUDENTS doing favors for the headmaster and all the other proffesors and people around the spiral.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
71
Yes, and? Nothing would be lost if people had the option to wear hoodies and such things. I'm sure most people would keep wearing the cool looking robes, but I think it'd be funny and adorable to see a wizard running through the dungeons in a sweater and a beanie.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
32
Actually we already have a few hats that are a bit like hoodies, but I do like the idea of sweaters. Maybe based on one of the "Cold" worlds like GH? Being that this is a "School" of Wizardry may some school based athletic outfits (sweat pants and hoodie, sneakers instead of boots) could be created.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
550
Dr Von on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
not really into this idea; we're wizards, and this is a fantasy game, thus our clothes reflect that.

(ps: the rockin' outfit is a quest reward and is the closest you'll get to a "normal" outfit; they're not auctionable, so you won't find them in the bazaar, but you can do the quest to get it.)

-von
Agreed. Not really in the spirit of the game.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
307
Soul330 on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
Yes, and? Nothing would be lost if people had the option to wear hoodies and such things. I'm sure most people would keep wearing the cool looking robes, but I think it'd be funny and adorable to see a wizard running through the dungeons in a sweater and a beanie.
Who knows, maybe it would be funny. Maybe it would be adorable. But that still undermines the point that we are wizards. If you lived in a world of magic, you wouldnt see teenagers and little kids walking around there. It would be dangerous. In a world of magic, there live people who can perform magical spells, people like wizards, magicians, fairies, fortune tellers, enchantresses, and more. NOT regualar people.

Heather StarSong lvl 50

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
Anytime my wizards are doing anything other than wizardly things... you know, like grocery shopping, doctors appointments, balancing the checkbook, walking the dog etc.... they normally just wear their everyday wizarding outfits. You never know when you're going to get pulled into battle in the home improvement center parking lot and you want to make sure you're wearing your fighting duds if it happens.
I do however have a faded Mongo's Jade T-Shirt of the Fruit Loom that I'll sometimes wear just because it's so danged comfortable.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
71
I don't see how different clothing options would somehow undermine the idea that we're wizards.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
307
Soul330 on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:
I don't see how different clothing options would somehow undermine the idea that we're wizards.
Because wizards don't fight battles in normal clothes!

Survivor
Jan 14, 2011
1
With the members dance emotes and Baddle of the Bands being here, i could see this Also with the professor and his time machine, who knows what might happen?

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
71
Says who? If I were a wizard, I'd totally stick to my usual hoodie and beanie hat!

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
86
Although I personally, along with others, would rather keep whimsical clothing, I think this is a good idea. I think it would be nice for there to be a little more diversity. Especially if the clothes were sold for crowns, then it wouldn't be super 'common' to wear them. Definitely not a bad idea, I can see this being incorporated into the future game.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
307
Soul330 on Mar 5, 2016 wrote:
Says who? If I were a wizard, I'd totally stick to my usual hoodie and beanie hat!
Maybe YOU would, but it makes no sense! You cant walk around wizard city in normal clothes. In wizard101, you are being taught. It is a school. In some schools in real life, you get punished for not wearing uniform. As a wizard, you have to take your job seriously, as it is the world you are saving.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
18
I agree with this post. Kingsisle should incorporate more "good looking" stitch options. I find it extremely hard to have an attractive and a unique stitch for my wizards.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
71
Your clothes have literally no effect on how seriously you take your job. In fact, I'd argue that a good sweater and a pair of jeans would be better in the case of saving the world, because they're more practical than the capes and such things that we currently wear.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
Malistaire's Baseball Cap of Eternal Devastation
Morganthe's Sun Dress of Pain
Rasputin's Flip-flops of the Pit
Death Oni's Cargo Pants of Endless Woe

Hmm... these just don't have the ominous ring to them that one might expect from wizard garb.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
307
Soul330 on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
Your clothes have literally no effect on how seriously you take your job. In fact, I'd argue that a good sweater and a pair of jeans would be better in the case of saving the world, because they're more practical than the capes and such things that we currently wear.
Maybe your clothes dont have an effect on how seriously you take your job.But when you are in a battle with an enemy, you want to show them that you mean business. You dont just want them to think youre the kind of person thats just like, "oh, yeah whatever." Just because they dont change how seriously you take your job, you want people to think you CARE. The people look up to you to save them. If your whole kingdom was in danger, you would feel worried if this person that doesnt look serious about their job (maybe they are serious, but how could you tell that?) shows up to "save" you?

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
307
TucsonWizard on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
Malistaire's Baseball Cap of Eternal Devastation
Morganthe's Sun Dress of Pain
Rasputin's Flip-flops of the Pit
Death Oni's Cargo Pants of Endless Woe

Hmm... these just don't have the ominous ring to them that one might expect from wizard garb.
Just one of the exact reasons "normal" clothes make no sense!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
42
Soul330 on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
I think it would be a great idea for there to be some "normal" clothing sets available in the game - you know, things like hoodies, t-shirts, beanies for hats, etc. They wouldn't have any stats, and could be available in the crown shop either as little bundles, or individual items!
I get what you are saying, and I agree with you. Sure, we're wizards, and it's fun to dress up in robes. But I also like the "normal" dress up too. My life wizard wears the rockin' outfit, elegant boots, Christmas beanie cap, has a Rescue Rover for her pet, and uses a Book as a wand. It's as close to "real" as I could find. I wanted her to look like a real teenage student. :)

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
71
omagicspells on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
Maybe your clothes dont have an effect on how seriously you take your job.But when you are in a battle with an enemy, you want to show them that you mean business. You dont just want them to think youre the kind of person thats just like, "oh, yeah whatever." Just because they dont change how seriously you take your job, you want people to think you CARE. The people look up to you to save them. If your whole kingdom was in danger, you would feel worried if this person that doesnt look serious about their job (maybe they are serious, but how could you tell that?) shows up to "save" you?
Look man, I don't know about you, but to me, this is a fun and cute game.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
307
Soul330 on Mar 11, 2016 wrote:
Look man, I don't know about you, but to me, this is a fun and cute game.
Yes, I agree, this is a fun game, but I want it to stay a bit realistic.

1