Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noobs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 28, 2010
i have called my self a noob because i was in celestia at level 25 so everyone called me one but now i am level 41 and people still call me it so i think it ok but i wish that people would use it nicely.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
This is an issue that has been brought up a lot recently. What is now considered to be an insult by all. NOOB there it is. The way I view it is someone calling anyone a NOOB is insulting them. And most people that do are intending to do just that. insult you. My friends and I have put a distinction on both forms of the word. Noob being an insult that i find fitting to the rude and offensive people, yet I have never called anyone a noob. Newb being for younger(low level) wizards. I have been called a noob before. While battling in MB I had a random wizard join my fight and I happened to use one of my lower damage spells. This in turn made the other person call me a noob. I found it offensive, yet said nothing. I have learned to just ignore the people that are like that.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
If KI takes out the word noob, it will only be replaced with another.

I find that if your really offended by a player, just put them on ignore. You won't have to hear from them again.

And it could be worse. It could be an uglier sounding word.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
i agree i could not afford a sub so i ported to one of my best friends and there was a character and he said NO NOOB'S ALLOWED and i said i cant afford a sub but then we went to his house and he kept sending me away just because of that and i tried telling him to plz stop and asked why he keeps doing that and he said because your a noob and really made me feel bad and now i got a sub and i'm magus and he still calls me noob :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(